• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb v Arsenal - 16/09/2015, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nah, Fabregas with ease.

I started watching Arsenal more consistently during the time when he broke through and I thought it was normal for an 18 year old to play like that through midfield. It was only as time went by that I realized that it wasn't normal at all playing at the level he was against top class opposition.

He ran midfield, he hasn't fulfilled his potential at all in my books.

Anelka was amazing too though....
I am not gonna compare on who is better but Anelka at 18-19 years old was something else. Was already a top top striker...
He didn't bloomed because he left for Real too soon, had he stayed another year or two......

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Please keep Gabriel in the side Arsène, don't drop him. Him vs Costa next Saturday will be so tasty, can literally see one of them being killed.

So we're having the same visions? One of 'em hides a shiv and takes the other out. That's what I'm feeling. My money is on Costa trying to shiv Gabriel, getting it taken away, and being the shiv-ee. Make it happen, Gabriel!

infineon

Established Member
He didn't bloomed because he left for Real too soon, had he stayed another year or two......
I think it was just Anelka being Anelka. He was professional but has that sort of lazy style (relative to his incredible talent) and it was hard to get him motivated and really passionate about the game. When he did for brief periods of his career, he was pretty awesome.

Mastadon

Established Member
Anelka 97/98 was fantastic but a level below teenage Rooney or Ronaldo (both Brazil and Portugal) IMO. Brazilian Ronaldo was the best he was scoring crazy amounts of goals as a teenager he had everything pace, power, technique and a natural eye for goal. Career was ruined by injuries at Inter but even then he was still world class.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Anelka 97/98 was fantastic but a level below teenage Rooney or Ronaldo (both Brazil and Portugal) IMO. Brazilian Ronaldo was the best he was scoring crazy amounts of goals as a teenager he had everything pace, power, technique and a natural eye for goal. Career was ruined by injuries at Inter but even then he was still world class.

I think the level Wilshere was operating at for an eighteen year old is up there with them all.

David Smith

Established Member
BT Sport is to blame for the early Saturday kick off. No one else. Could easily have made it a Monday fixture. BT Sport hate Arsenal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah but they know when the Champions League game days are and they know that both us and Chelsea would be in the CL.
Of course but BT could say that both clubs could have been playing on the Tuesday when there wouldn't have been such a big issue. There should be a rule though that says the CL clubs don't have to play the early kickoff, Rafa was right about that in his facts rant.

haha_arsenal

look at out next fixtures, really tough ones

away at Zagreb
away at Chelsea
away at Sp*ds
away at Leiceter (on form)
home to Olympiakos
hot to Man United

all of these in less than 3 weeks.
I want to beleive.
:(

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Looks like Gabriel & Koz will be doing it for The Arsenal for a few matches more. Doubt he'll bring Per in for the Chavs either.

Per Mertesacker did train last week but Arsène Wenger deemed him to be short of the required levels for Stoke City’s visit on Saturday. The Arsenal manager added that he was unlikely to travel to Croatia for Wednesday’s Champions League opener against Dinano Zagreb too. Mertesacker’s chest infection, which struck him down before the Liverpool game on 24 August, was a serious viral condition and Wenger said the German was “in bed for 18 days.”

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
look at out next fixtures, really tough ones

away at Zagreb
away at Chelsea
away at Sp*ds
away at Leiceter (on form)
home to Olympiakos
hot to Man United

all of these in less than 3 weeks.
I want to beleive.
:(
Bro, that set of fixtures jumped out at me weeks ago! It's a defining moment in the season ALREADY! One by one though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also who the f*ck organised it for us to have three away league games in a row!?

There is some major payback due in the home game against Utd and the away against Sp**s.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I thought the debate was whether Cesc or Anelka was the better youngster in our club?
Why suddenly it's about Ronaldo? Might as well throw teenage Del Piero for comparison sake.... to be honest, at 19-22 that guy was a complete player, playmaking, scoring, set piece, pace, vision... the Del Piero after that is only 50% of his former self cause he broke his thigh and lost almost all his speed...and still become a legend

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I thought the debate was whether Cesc or Anelka was the better youngster in our club?
Why suddenly it's about Ronaldo? Might as well throw teenage Del Piero for comparison sake.... to be honest, at 19-22 that guy was a complete player, playmaking, scoring, set piece, pace, vision... the Del Piero after that is only 50% of his former self cause he broke his thigh and lost almost all his speed...and still become a legend

Teenage Freddy Adu beats them all.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Don'the think you will see Theo and Giroud in the same starting 11. They are our only 2 real strikers.

I feel we should rotate a bit, not too much. Per in for Kos or Gabriel. Need both of them for Chelsea. Giroud in for Theo, assuming Theo will start at Chelsea. Maybe Debuchy for Bellarin. Arteta in too perhaps.

Don't want too many changes, but it is still a huge match on Saturday. A good result could really give the team a great deal of confidence. Too bad I will miss it.

You are probably correct but my team is based on resting Alexis, so we would need Ox & Walcott on the wings, maybe bring on Campbell for Ox later.

haha_arsenal

Ox would do fine at Zagreb and White *** Lane, also at home against Olympiakos.
Alexis should play at Chelsea & Leiceter and against ManU.

what worries me is CBs as mentioned above.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Ox would do fine at Zagreb and White *** Lane, also at home against Olympiakos.
Alexis should play at Chelsea & Leiceter and against ManU.

what worries me is CBs as mentioned above.

CB's can play 2 games a week no problem. As long as they are not carrying an injury I think Kos & Gab will be fine to play right though this tough period. In fact it could confirm them as our starting pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom