• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Fenerbahçe vs Arsenal | 21/10/08

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Re: Champions League: Fenerbahce v Arsenal | 21 Oct 2008 19:45

atmosphere said:
dutchMasta said:
Damn, wiki updates quickly!
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccerlens.com/youngest-champions-league-goalscorers/7002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccerlens.com/youngest-champion ... rers/7002/</a>
Dunno if that makes him the youngest, someone else do the math.

How old was Theo when he got 2 against Slavia last season?

After Using online age calculator;

18 years, 7 months and 7 days

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=3&d1=16&y1=1989&m2=10&d2=23&y2=2007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duratio ... 23&y2=2007</a>

JazzG

Established Member

A very good win in a tough place to play but defensively we were a shambles at times, though to be expected with 3 of our first choice back line out injured but saying that would it really of been any better if they were around as well?

Are now one win away from qualification and should give this lot a right thumping at our place. Strange isn't how in the past few years we have qualified so easily for the CL yet with so called better Arsenal sides it would always be decided in the last qualification game.

Alfonso

Established Member

The best bit of last nite?

The 'transfer window 2006' 3 all scored for the first time (Ade, Theo and Diaby)in one game. Two and a half years in the making!

Important that we win our next two home games as that means we will have definately qualified as first. This would benefit us in the league massively as we would be able to rest players for trip to Portugal bearing in mind we play our bogy team of recent years, Middlesbourgh away, at 12.45 on the sat.

tam1886

Established Member

Just watched Adebayor's goal again there. I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but I'm sure Walcott was onside when Fabregas played the pass. Not that it's important, but his speed never ceases to amaze me. He looked miles offside considering how far forward he was, but when you look closely the defender nearest Ade is playing him on.

stuart

Established Member

I seem to remember watching the goal and thinking Theo was onside. Was Ade passing to him or does he just like to make things as awkward as possible? :lol: Theo actually did really well to get out of the way.

hackajack

Established Member

JazzG said:
Are now one win away from qualification and should give this lot a right thumping at our place. Strange isn't how in the past few years we have qualified so easily for the CL yet with so called better Arsenal sides it would always be decided in the last qualification game.
Yeah the worrying thought I had is that the players want the CL more than the PL.

Lukazan

Established Member

That was the intelligent side of Theo's game shining through. He may have been onside but he probably wasn't sure so he didn't risk touching the ball. If it had been Ade in Theo's shoes he'd have tried to touch the ball and messed everything up.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

There was a few times Theo tried to run behind his defence.

Looking at his run, he tried to pick up pace by running diagonally before chasing the ball to avoid him from being offside.

Ade could learn from it

famous no 10

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
famous no 10 said:
Klaus Daimler said:
asa: Thanks! And, right back at ya. I must admit that I never thought we were gonna look so defensively insecure though, but quality wise it was never a question about which was the better team. Teams like Fenerbahce, Milan and Liverpool loves to talk about how intense atmosphere they've got on their homegrounds when they need to reassure themselves that they're gonna win, but in the end I've never seen supporters affecting the outcome of a game in modern football. Bad pitches and uncomfortable weather, sure, but never supporters. And sure enough, they were incredibly quiet for a while after Song scored, having previously constantly booed every Arsenal player on the field.

I did see a couple of occasional signs of hope in the defence though. It's just that those flashes were far between and darkened by a number of easy mistakes that could have costed us. One has to remember that this was only Silvestre's second first team appearance in seven months and that he has never played together with Song before, though. My guess is that they're gonna look better in the next game. Which is not much of a guess I reckon since it's hard to look worse, but still. Like so much else in football it was probably a question about continuity.

Can't agree with that at all...many grounds are intimidating, that being one of them, and even in the pl seasoned pro's often lose their bottle/concentration with thousands of people screamin at them...surprising comment.
Not really. Mentally I have no doubts that away grounds are affecting players, but it's something that's more connected to not feeling secure enough in a position or with the way the team is playing at the moment. But I've never seen fans affecting any result just by cheering their own team. Not when they're playing against experienced players at least. Anyone who's ever stood on a field in front of a number of people more than one time knows that it doesn't get to you, you shield it out. If anything, ****y behaviour like the one Fenerbahce's fans showed tonight only makes you more decisive to show them what you can do.

Fans that are booing their own players, on the other hand... entirely different subject.

Again, I disagree strongly.

RockyRocastle

Established Member

Blinding trip, not as moody as I thought it would be out there, Gala would be VERY differnet for obvious reason im sure.

Decent turn out from our lot, very few planks, and we did our best to be heard - constant singing. They were ****ing loud at the start of the game, mental all jumping up and down, very impressive.

The two early goals soon shut them up though - Diaby was immsense I thought considering it was his first game back. A lot of positives to take from this.

Still obviously crying out for a defensive holding player.

Havent had the chance to watch it back yet, going to enjoy doing so in a min now.

Turkey now crossed off the lift.Irons away followed by Sp**s at home - doesnt get much better than that! Up the arse.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

Yep it's a London thing (anyone know the Scott Garcia record?) coming week. How come we have no matchthreads yet?

kamikaze80

Established Member

Clrnc said:
There was a few times Theo tried to run behind his defence.

Looking at his run, he tried to pick up pace by running diagonally before chasing the ball to avoid him from being offside.

Ade could learn from it
freddie used to do it all the time.

i liked theo's movement today, and i'm sure patrick and sabre did, too. i hate to say it, but playing 4-2-3-1 gives theo the freedom to make those runs without worrying about his defensive responsibilities.

hackajack

Established Member

We played 4231 on Saturday as well albeit with a forward rather than an AM in the hole. Theo was more advanced and less defensive then as well (check the Telegraph stats for positional data).

Cruisio

Established Member

Lukazan said:
That was the intelligent side of Theo's game shining through. He may have been onside but he probably wasn't sure so he didn't risk touching the ball. If it had been Ade in Theo's shoes he'd have tried to touch the ball and messed everything up.

I was so glad we got away with that because it looked like Ade tried to stupidly pass it to Theo at first. By running out of the way Theo was almost saying "mate, just go it alone"

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom