• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL | Ludogorets vs Arsenal | 1st of November at 19:45 (GMT)

What will be the result for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilshero

Wonder if Xhaka gets a spot in the XI. Reckon we'll start with our strongest possible line up and make some early subs if the game is won around the 60th minute mark. Just like last time.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Should be a easy win,we are on great run and some players will come back to this game.Still,there is a lot of work to do after,we need to win at Basel and not to lose to PSG.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Ospina
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs
Coquelin El Neny
Ox Özil Iwobi
Alexis

Same as vs. Sunderland, we can't take the opposition lightly and do a 'Zagreb' over here. Monreal, Walcott and Santi failed their fitness tests this weekend, I'd leave them be till Sp**s. There's no reason to bring back Xhaka immediately after his 3 game suspension, and El Neny was quite good vs. Sunderland so deserves another game.

Get some momentum and then all guns out blazing vs. the Sp**s.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think Koscielny will get a rest here. Also Alexis.

Ospina
Bellerin Mustafi Gabriel Gibbs
Xhaka Coquelin
Ox Özil Iwobi
Giroud

Chami

It will be hard. We need a very strong first XI, to kill the game in the first half and make early subs

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No need to rest, we have four days after this game and Sp**s are playing a must win game. We can rest players once we build a nice lead, this is a must win game for us.

This early in the season you're still building fitness anyway. At worst we'll both be tired.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The strongest team possible needs to start and those under a fitness cloud should be assessed for the NLD.

N

NotAUserName

Hope Xhaka starts, sharpen him up before the NLD :p.

He'll be in there against Wanyama and Dembele, physical beasts.
You know Wenger is going to persist with Cazorla and Coquelin. Coquelin will play higher as usual and Sp**s will press Santi (like they did last season) and have a free run at our defense. I just hope they don't have Kane back or else it might be worse than PSG.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Ludogreta will be eager for revenge after their humiliation at the Emirates. We should have too much for them but they showed that they can play and I'm sure it'll be a tough game. Maybe 3-1 to us. I'd love the clean sheet again though.

We can't afford to **** this up though and must ensure we leave with all 3 pts come hell or high water.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I would rotate the hell out of this one. We have a day on Sp**s, a deeper squad & the benefit of being close to qualification... Lets use it.

Chances are we still win & if not have PSG at home to come. Although being top of the group is over-hyped when Bayern / Atletico, Real / Dortmund & Juventus / Sevilla are in the same groups fighting it out for position.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
I imagine this is Wenger right now...

to-rotate-or-not-wenger-jpg.1443

Attachments

• To rotate or not Wenger.jpg
    To rotate or not Wenger.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 154

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
With Sp**s around the corner, we can afford to rest a few here, right?

Ospina

Bellerin Mustafi Gabriel Gibbs

Xhaka Elneny

Ox Ramsey Iwobi

Giroud

I really like that team except that I worry that Ramsey and Giroud are barely back to fitness. If they're confident about Ramsey's ability to go 70 minutes, that is the team I'd pick, except I'd risk playing Jenkinson to give Bellerin a rest as he's one of the players (along with Alexis, Özil and Koscielny) who never gets one.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You know Wenger is going to persist with Cazorla and Coquelin. Coquelin will play higher as usual and Sp**s will press Santi (like they did last season) and have a free run at our defense. I just hope they don't have Kane back or else it might be worse than PSG.

How would Xhaka be any different though ? He looks even more susceptible to me under pressure .

N

NotAUserName

How would Xhaka be any different though ? He looks even more susceptible to me under pressure .
I don't know about more susceptible. He was one of the best midfielders in the Bundesliga where teams press much more as compared to the PL. Still, I am more worried about the defensive aspect. I don't mind Coquelin and Cazorla as long as Coquelin is playing deeper since he will be capable of winning the ball back if we lose it during our build-up play. Personally I'd play all three in the middle similar to what we did at WHL last season (with Coquelin, Elneny and Ramsey playing as a third central midfielder). The Sp**s wide players have a tendency to squeeze the pitch allowing their fullbacks more space. We might get vastly outnumbered in the central areas.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I'm glad I'm not the manager.....Wenger can't do anything right tomorrow.
If he rests too many we'll risk finishing first in the group, if he rests too few we could risk getting a win vs Spu*s....good luck with whatever he comes up with.
I'm glad you're not the manager as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom