• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL | Ludogorets vs Arsenal | 1st of November at 19:45 (GMT)

What will be the result for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
There was news about Walcott training seperately and a doubt for Ludo game. Getting ready to trounce Sp**s i reckon

He trained separately indeed. We will likely have the Coq/Moh duo in MF. I would not be surprised to see OG starting either.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Its vital we get 3pts to keep our advantage over PSG. If we want to have a good run in the CL we need to win our group, so dont treat this like a stroll in the park. If we have a good lead by 60mins rest players then. Give Ramsey a start and bring Elneny on later. Coq we can afford to rest and he has only just returned from a small injury, so no need to push him. We want him in the middle for Spuds.

Ospina

Bellerin Mustafi Kos Gibbs

Xhaka Ramsey

Ox Özil Iwobi

Alexis

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Resting players:lol: We've got our best chance of topping a group for ages and people want to jeopardise that, ffs. If you're asking yourself why you're not a football manager and working at Poundland, this is it.

What's the point in topping the group, we'll still have to face very good sides at some stage anyway. Our second string are levels, they can beat Ludo. Plus they need games too.

Maybe Alexis will play because he is a machine and some of the back four. But other than that Cazorla and Theo won't play so can put the likes of Ox and Giroud in anyway.

Last edited:

Santi's Left Foot

Its vital we get 3pts to keep our advantage over PSG. If we want to have a good run in the CL we need to win our group, so dont treat this like a stroll in the park. If we have a good lead by 60mins rest players then. Give Ramsey a start and bring Elneny on later. Coq we can afford to rest and he has only just returned from a small injury, so no need to push him. We want him in the middle for Spuds.

Ospina

Bellerin Mustafi Kos Gibbs

Xhaka Ramsey

Ox Özil Iwobi

Alexis

Agreed take Özil off for Giroud, Iwobi for someone and obviously Ramsey off for Elneny all after 60mins.

TinFish

Resting players:lol: We've got our best chance of topping a group for ages and people want to jeopardise that, ffs. If you're asking yourself why you're not a football manager and working at Poundland, this is it.

I feel that even with a slightly weakened side we will have enough to blow Ludo away.

Something like this would be good...

Ospina

Jenkinson Gabriel Holding Gibbs

Xhaka Elneny

Ox Ramsey Iwobi

Giroud

Yes I put Ramsey further up front as he likes to venture forward and as we saw last game he can provide a good pass.

I doubt it would happen but November is a tough month in terms of the quality of teams we face and how many points we typically drop so we need our best XI' consistently from there on.

Maxim

What's the point in topping the group, we'll still have to face very good sides at some stage anyway. Our second string are levels, they can beat Ludo. Plus they need games too.

Really?

Confidence, Momentum, an easier route to the final??

Which team has more confidence and belief, the one knocked out first game after the groups every time or the one consistently reaching the quarters and semi's?

Santi's Left Foot

Really?

Confidence, Momentum, an easier route to the final??

Which team has more confidence and belief, the one knocked out first game after the groups every time or the one consistently reaching the quarters and semi's?

I'm not disputing that really, just what's the difference in freshening things up once in a while when we have a strong squad. It's not even wholesale changes, it would just a be a bit silly playing the likes of Özil and Iwobi for 90mins when we have back ups ready for games.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I feel that even with a slightly weakened side we will have enough to blow Ludo away.

Something like this would be good...

Ospina

Jenkinson Gabriel Holding Gibbs

Xhaka Elneny

Ox Ramsey Iwobi

Giroud

Yes I put Ramsey further up front as he likes to venture forward and as we saw last game he can provide a good pass.

I doubt it would happen but November is a tough month in terms of the quality of teams we face and how many points we typically drop so we need our best XI' consistently from there on.
Poverty backline. Ludo are no mugs, they'd score more than 1 against that.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

If our squad players can't defeat the champions of Bulgaria, do they deserve to be squaddies here?

Ask yourself that, Richard.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Alot will change but think Real, Bayern & Juve are all second as it stands along with Sp**s & City who we could not draw.

Could end up being us & PSG trying for second in a few weeks.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If a bit of rotation can't beat Ludogorets then we have no chance at the title.

SYS

If a bit of rotation can't beat Ludogorets then we have no chance at the title.
Cheers mate
tumblr_nhb2laGMx71rsxqqio1_400.gif

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Alot will change but think Real, Bayern & Juve are all second as it stands along with Sp**s & City who we could not draw.

Could end up being us & PSG trying for second in a few weeks.

It is incredible the extent to which 1st place is overrated in the season as a whole. They dropped out at the first group stages for previous seasons because that is the level of their squad. Squad is better than it's been for years now.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

IMO if we're going to start Giroud, Alexis should be on the bench. Running required on the LW is far more than he has been accustomed to at CF.

I would just start Alexis, try and get an early lead and hook him early.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
He has to trust his squad & rotate- we'll qualify from this group without a doubt. Sure we want to finish top but I'd rather beat Sp*rs on Sunday.

Ludogrets are no mugs & they'll give a FULL 2nd string team a warm time. I'm sure he'll mix it up. I'll be interested to see whom the CB pairing is.

Anything less than 3pts would be a waste of a good opportunity to both qualify early & top the group but at some stage you have to rotate & trust the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom