• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL | Ludogorets vs Arsenal | 1st of November at 19:45 (GMT)

What will be the result for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
How terribly racist! Besides, it wasn't even me that started all that! Im sure it was richtard 1999. :lol: Have we lost since, though? I don't think so... You'll thank us in May. Sssshhhhh!
Reported for abuse.

I also want words with the person who changed the message on my profile. I am nobody's lite.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

These former Soviet bloc teams are different at home, don't think we can afford to rest players if we want to win the group. Will do well to get 3 points given the new injuries.
The way the groups are currently there doesn't look to be much of an advantage winning the group.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We could win the group & still end up facing Bayern....:eek:
Yeah. Currently Besiktas, City, Munich, dortmund, Sp**s, Copenhagen and Sevilla all second. Take out the English teams you're left with wanting Besiktas or Copenhagen. Knowing our luck we get Munich again. Only this time we'd have won the group:lol:

@redwhiteAustrian the last time we topped the group we played (I'm fairly certain) Milan and they duffed us. I agree home leg second is the advantage but until this team learns how two legged aggregate football works I'm not sure that really matters.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm starting to fall into the trap of belief. Feels like we can really achieve something this season.

Don't care how we get it but a win tonight is quite important. We often go on a good run only to be outdone by a "small team". So far we have had a great run this season and we need to keep pushing.
Keep the momentum going. COYG

Cech
Jenks-Mustafi-Kos-Gibbo
Xhaka-Elneny
Ox-Özil-Perez
Sanchez

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm starting to fall into the trap of belief. Feels like we can really achieve something this season.

Don't care how we get it but a win tonight is quite important. We often go on a good run only to be outdone by a "small team". So far we have had a great run this season and we need to keep pushing.
Keep the momentum going. COYG

Cech
Jenks-Mustafi-Kos-Gibbo
Xhaka-Elneny
Ox-Özil-Perez
Sanchez
Bro, Perez is out till December

Uncle Good-Advice

Yeah. Currently Besiktas, City, Munich, dortmund, Sp**s, Copenhagen and Sevilla all second.
In all fairness there's nobody to fear from that list (of course except Munich but then again Atletico who are first in that group are similar quality). Dortmund is in transition, Sevilla dangerous but a level below other Spanish powerhouses. Sp**s are Sp**s...

Ewarwoowar

If their goal keeper is as bad as our last game there could be a few goals in this again. The game I see coming though is going to be a scrappy affair, certainly in the first half, but pockets of nice football. The home advantage, noise of the fans, desperation to remain in the fight, us travelling and slight rotation d**king about with the balance of team are factors for this to be a tight affair.

Ludo will be in our face as we in theirs, mis-placed passes abound, Sanchez will most probably be targeted cynically, hope He is recovered from Saturday after seeing him clutching hamstring.

I am looking at a 2-1 to us result, if anyone is to score in the first half it will likely be them. we overpower them in the second half Giroud for one Özil the other, anxiety will have us squander a few.

Really hope I'm wrong and we get a chillaxed game in preparation for the spuds.

Ever the optimist ;)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We might be seeing Xhaka-Ramsey :bounce:
We're also not as far away from Xhaka-AMN than I thought we'd be :lol:

In my opinion we are vulnerable at right back. Debuchy is finished here. His positioning the last games he played were absolutely horrendous. Jenkinson is just back from injury, and if he wasn't good enough for West Ham....

That leaves us with whatever the academy can provide us with.

For our hopes this year, we need a fit Bellerin...
I think we're more vulnerable at left back than right back. Right back we're well stocked. Jenks isn't as bad as made out, Chiori Johnson is also a very sharp full-back. AMN can fill in there, as can Ben Sheaf.

Gibbs and Monreal are good but past them, we literally have nobody.

SuperGoon

Lost A Bet And Now He’s A Top G

Player:Saka
A win here is very important. I want our boys going into that derby full of confidence.

Ewarwoowar

Oh sorry, forgot about that. Been away this last weekend and completely forgot he was out. I thought it was odd had put him in. Had a feeling someone was going to catch me out but I couldn't figure out what
Oh good, it's not just me then prone to brain f**ts:p

I had to say it, but I really do hate that phrase

Mike Vinna

I'd like to see Xhaka get a full game alongside Coq since Granit is the closest thing to Santi we have in our squad. If the jobs done we can give Kos, Özil and Alexis a breather.

With Monreal, Cazorla, Bellerin and Walcott not in the squad, I'd pick this team:

Ospina

Jenkinson Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs

Coquelin Xhaka
Özil

Chamberlain Sanchez Iwobi

Bench: Cech, Gabriel, Holding, Elneny, Ramsey, Jeff, Giroud​

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Main advantage is having the second tie (last 16) at home anyway.

Any idea what the win percentages are for having the tie that way around?

I guess if the higher seed is awarded a home game in the second leg, you'd need to control for that statistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom