• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Olympiacos FC vs Arsenal FC - Wed. Dec 9th, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Why would anyone rather we play in the EL to the CL?

Also - surely we start Walcott, Ox, Joel front 3. Giroud to come and do his magic from the bench.

TheSage

We should always play to win ... if Arsène puts out anything but our best available 11 (not doing that is the bloody reason we're in this mess from the home leg) then it's another sign that senility is taking hold ... after his injury comment "emotions in your private life that can have an impact on muscular injuries" it's pretty clear he's now out with the fairies, or maybe Jack's missus caught him playing away and beat the ****e out of him, I guess that could count as ''emotions causing injury" ... anyway back to Olympiacos put out the best team, win, and go through ... simple

em9999

My rainbows
Fancy us to thrash them, they will probably put 10 men behind the ball and try to stifle us, but if we grab a early goal the floodgates will open... Would rather not be in Europe at all than be in the Europa league. 4-0

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
On that point, this is the list of players that have played for Arsenal away to Olympiakos:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUvIUIoWIAIwbqw.png

Can't draw too many conclusions from past meetings.

I did make it clear we had previously already qualified. More importantly why did you delete my last sentence?

"We can do this, scoring early would help!"

I dont really understand the point of your reply as we are both saying we can win.

nicky47

Established Member
Massive game this, would be quite extraordinary if we actually end up qualifying... I can't wait, I just hope at the very least the players show some purpose and energy on the night. It's absolutely do-able, but will be a tricky game for sure.

Can't believe some people want out of this competition though, or even drop into Europa. Ridiculous. I understand people worrying that even if we do qualify we'll very likely have to face a big team, but once we drew Bayern in our group the best we could've hoped for was second place anyway. Personally, if we are fortunate enough to get to the knock out stages, I just hope we can avoid Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

By the way guys, if we were to qualify, could we end up facing Bayern again? Or not because they're in the same group as us?

Olympiakos Gate7

Come on girls, we are waiting for you!!! For those who waiting that we set 10 men back of the ball, they make us lauphing. We gonna thrash you like on your home game, without Sanchez you don't have a change... Not afraid this Arsenal! Prepare tissues, you'll need it all night!
Ολυμπιακός

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Come on girls, we are waiting for you!!! For those who waiting that we set 10 men back of the ball, they make us lauphing. We gonna thrash you like on your home game, without Sanchez you don't have a change... Not afraid this Arsenal! Prepare tissues, you'll need it all night!
Ολυμπιακός
We can lend you our tissues if things don't work out too well for you. Boohoo. We'll be back to this post once we take care of you..

AVENTUS

What is it, the Greek air? The grass? Witch craft?

None of what's gone before has any bearing whatsoever on what will happen. What does losing to PAOK Salonica 17 years ago mean?

Anyway, when you look a bit closer to the poorer results we've had out there, I'm sure they'll tell you something more than us just being rubbish in Greece. Pretty sure we've played under strength sides a few times, because we were already through.

Unfortunately not my friend most recently you'd remember Mannone cost us a game out there by forgetting you can actually handle the ball inside the box. And go back a few more years we played a team Inc Henry, Peris, Cole, Lauren, Gilberto well.... the full strength team bar Bergkamp who wouldn't travel and still lost to Panathinikos 2-1. Horrible Horrible results out there..

Let's hope we do it. But as Wenger would say they have the psychological edge for this one and we're severely under strength.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As long as we get no injuries, I could not care less about the result. We won't win the Champions League, and the Premier League is there for the taking...

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I expect lots of goals in this, we'll be going right for their throats; Wenger wouldn't have us sit back for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom