• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Sparta Prague vs Arsenal | 18/10/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 378
  • Views 12,842

choi12911

But I hope this time, if we are losing or if we need goals, he will bring in Van Persie or Lupoli faster probably around HT or 50th minute. And I really hope we win this one which would restore our faith in AFC.

ccc

choi12911 said:
I think Wenger will play Bergkamp, because without him, we would be a U-19 team. He said our team needs more EXPERIENCE to win. :evil:

remind again, berggie won't fly, prugue is too far to drive to :p

gun4glory

if we put in a professional preformance, we wont lose we might not wi n but we wont lose... our sides gonna be ****ING young tho... and no back-up on the bench...
lehmenn
lauren kolo phil clichy
pires gilbrto fabregas quincy
RvP reyes

almunia, cygan, lupoli, eboue, flamini, song, ??????

cant even fill up the squad right now... this is bad...

but our first 11 isn't TOO bad

Courier

Wenger will give his 'job for the boys' mucca Pires another run :shock: but I would go Ralph r/mid Eboue r/back for this game Giberto CM with Song, Reyes on left.Up front V Persie and Bentner Sparta will not have a clue about him and will be 3 goals down by half time before realising we have a plan B :)

Wenger however is now IMO ArsVen Wenger he will play a team and game with no change and its in the lap of the gods if we get a result.Really we are no more than a mediocre side at present certainly with the injuries and the sooner Wenger grasps this then he can start playing a more solid functional system until we get our key man Henry back and signs the worldclass striker (or potential WClass) CM, C/B and GK our club needs to start competing again for PL or CL. :cry:

RammiXP

Bentner?? different!

Ermm will this be the first CL match we have played this year without sol?

Ricky_AFC

MK5 said:
yoinkster said:
I wouldn't be too suprised {but hardly ecstatic} if wenger goes for a 4-5-1, he won't fancy winning out there with our CL away record and our current form.
It'll probably be one of the dullest games ever in the CL but a 0-0 result would be just that for Arsenal.

Yeah, I can see that as well but hope it won't happen.

You're aloowed 7 subs in CL, Wonder what out bench gonna look like. Alm$$$ia, C$$gan, Eboue/Quincy, Song, Flamini, Lupoli, Smith? Although I'm sure I've forgotten somebody.

Did Smith not go on loan in the end then?

marhes26

I cant see where the goals are going to come from? Unless we stick our defenders up front as they seem to be the only one's scoring at the moment.

Campbell and Cygan up front anyone??.....

mood

Wenger said Campbell wont be available.

We have to push Reyes to the wings due to lack of experience.

------------------Lehmann

Lauren------Toure------Senderos------Clichy

---Pires------Gilberto-----Fabregas----Reyes

------------Bergkamp-----van Persie

That's probably the worst Arsenal line-up I've seen in years!

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Doesn't look that bad then again our bench will be VERY inexperienced.
Looks like we can look forward to some players back next weekend instead hopefully.

Asterix

Established Member
mood said:
Wenger said Campbell wont be available.

We have to push Reyes to the wings due to lack of experience.

------------------Lehmann

Lauren------Toure------Senderos------Clichy

---Pires------Gilberto-----Fabregas----Reyes

------------Bergkamp-----van Persie

That's probably the worst Arsenal line-up I've seen in years!

Once again, Bergkamp won't be there.

I suspect we'll see something like

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Senderos Clichy
Fabregas Flamini Gilberto Pires
RvP Reyes

bench: Almunia Cygan Eboue Song Quincy Lupoli Bendtner

If Sol is fit he would come in for Phil, and Bendtner drops off the bench.

jeromelee

Asterix said:
Once again, Bergkamp won't be there.

I suspect we'll see something like

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Senderos Clichy
Fabregas Flamini Gilberto Pires
RvP Reyes

bench: Almunia Cygan Eboue Song Quincy Lupoli Bendtner

If Sol is fit he would come in for Phil, and Bendtner drops off the bench.

Asterix, that lineup looks marginally better, although I think our midfield looks rather lightweight. But we seriously look like we are running out of players indeed. Look at our bench......either true blue inexperienced youngsters or weak-linked seniors. Man, it's really nerve wrecking times..................

A

Anonymous

I hate the 4-3-3 formation but with all our injurys I think its our best option-

Lehmann
Lauren Senderos Kolo Clichy
Flamini Gilberto Fabregas
Pires V.Persie Reyes

The trio are more than capable of running the midfield and would provide more protection to a very young back four. Attaching wise I see no problem as long as they takes shot when avaliable.

Zico

Established Member
I'm all for any strategy that involves starting Lupoli or throwing him in before the 80th minute. We are not scoring at all these days and depend on Senderos, Cygan and Campbell for our offense. I'd just like to see if any of our attacking players can put the ball in the net.

Given that we're speaking of champs league, are any of you genuinely worried that we might not make next year's champs league the way things are going? I'd say Chelsea and Manchester are a lock to qualify. Totteringham look superb and I'd be hardpressed to bet against Martin Jol who, unlike Wenger, has bought well this year. That leaves one place. Depressing stuff, no?!

A

Anonymous

THIERRYS BACK BABY! (so are Gilberto and van Persie)

The squad is -
1 Jens LEHMANN
7 Robert PIRES
9 Jose Antonio REYES
11 Robin VAN PERSIE
12 LAUREN
14 Thierry HENRY
15 Francesc FABREGAS
16 Mathieu FLAMINI
17 Alexandre SONG
18 Pascal CYGAN
19 GILBERTO
20 Philippe SENDEROS
22 Gael CLICHY
24 Manuel ALMUNIA
26 Quincy OWUSU-ABEYIE
27 Emmanuel EBOUE
28 Kolo TOURE
29 Sebastian LARSSON

Link- http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?article=317264

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom