• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Sparta Prague vs Arsenal | 18/10/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 378
  • Views 12,795

Tegh

Established Member
Oh, and with regards to Eboue, he looked OK, but wasn't what I imagined.

But hey, it's his first Champions League performance for us, and he needs time to settle, he definitely looks promising. He seemed to be quick, strong, and It's most likely because he had fresh legs, but he was willing to work for the team and track back.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Congratulations Henry. i just knew he would break the bloody record in a game i couldnt get to see on tv (bloody ESPN), but its great news. good to know he didn't get injured too. just seen the highlights, and great first goal.
is there any news on how long reyes will be out for? doesn't seem fair does it, take 1 off the injury list and add another to it.

chandraraj

looking back at the results we are getting lately, this one is brilliant. keep it up arsenal. man, i am really glad. two goals from henry! awesome. so, people who questioned his performance in CL should take note.

gunner_down_under

Toure was solid!...henry was Class.....and apart from the assist, did Pires even pass thw ball forward once?....I mean, I dont think I can remember him playing the ball to anyone in front of him the whole night.....it was always clichy - pires and back to clichy, cygan to pires, and then back to toure, fab to pires, and back to flamini......he looks like he's completely lost it!

whoztheman

pireas was poor but less poor than earlier but not just because of the assist. he did alright in the second half. myabe with henry back, we'll see better performances from him..well, reasonably better....

186 made me a bit emotional. his reaction was just great to watch. unfortunately there werent too many senior players to share it with him. i dont think fabregas had any idea why henry was jumping around like that :roll: vieira, bergkamp, sol would have made a big deal out of it. after the match lauren gave henry a long hug. < sob sob>

we are a one man team, but given the situation we are currently in i'm not complaining

ccc

i'm reviewing the game. it seemed reyes had his rib injured in the first accident, that's about 5th min. he kept on playing till he was tackled again that made his broken bone worse. I noticed that his rib wasn't knocked at that time, he should have picked injury before then. poor boy.

kel varnsen

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
sorry if i have just missed this somewhere, but why did cygan start ahead of senderos today? has wenger given a reason?

maybe because it was a champions league match, like someone said earlier. not as frantic as the premier league...

MK5

A few of points from yesterdays game.

Although we have an easy group I think we’ve learned to take nothing for granted in Europe and 3 wins out of 3 is above expectation.

We’ve got a player who deserves to be up there Pele and Maradona in Thierry Henry.

Toure played superb without either of Sol or Phil beside him.

Lehmann looked as shaky as he started to do around this time last season.

What will it take for AW to realise that RvP isn’t a second striker?

I think it was confirmed that the fans sometimes knows better than the manager yesterday. Me plus many others wanted a proper striker who could score goals so we don't have to rely so much on Henry but AW kept looking for a “shadow striker” and look what’s happened.

The number of games top teams in Europe have to play got to be reduced and surely these kind of games, (Games in a half empty stadium a cold October night) are the games we could do without.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Cygan did some good stuff last night, but he also showed why people prefer Senderos IMO. I counted at least three occassions, including his trademark error of going into midfield for the ball, not getting it, thus allowing a forward into the space he'd just vacated. Luckily for him, Kolo, as he has been for most of this season, was superb in his reading and covering.

I'm with Tegh, really. Didn't think we were that great, but the best player in the world can make all the difference to any football team. Luckily he ours.

Ridge

2-0 in 74th minutes and i thought wenger would throw quincy on, but, still, he waited til the last last minute, always. whats 2 minutes for?

MK5

Ridge said:
2-0 in 74th minutes and i thought wenger would throw quincy on, but, still, he waited til the last last minute, always. whats 2 minutes for?
It was a tactical substitution to waste a bit of the added time.

asajoseph

Established Member
With the game won, and Henry lacking fitness, it would have been really nice to see Quincy given a shot for a little longer. He made some good runs when he came on, and given a little longer might have made a bigger impression.

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
With the game won, and Henry lacking fitness, it would have been really nice to see Quincy given a shot for a little longer. He made some good runs when he came on, and given a little longer might have made a bigger impression.

he would have made a bigger impact if gilberto hadn't completely bottled it in the final minutes. a simple 10 yard pass would have sent quincy clear through, but gilberto turned around and passed the ball to pires instead. even though we were up 2-0, it frustrated the hell out of me.

Kum_Arsenal

happy to see 3 out of 3 wins. Henry is back again in business and he welcomed himself in a great way with 2 Goals. Just simply Superb he is. No words to describe his talent and abilites.

"The Return of the King"

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom