• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Sparta Prague vs Arsenal | 18/10/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 378
  • Views 12,797

RammiXP

Very happy, just what we needed after the weekend. The irony is that we did not play as well as the weekend arguably but won with little worry.

Anyway I am very happy and im looking forward to the going to the Man City Game at the weekend.

James

Established Member
We won, with a weaker performance. I wonder if the fickle bunch will turn up tonight if some of their hilarious points.

A

Anonymous

Well someone capable was able to finish off the chances.
Good performance. Henry being there made a few players stand up a bit more then they have before.

I think Henry was playing more like a captain tonight. Which was nice.
Again I hope it doesn't take away his striker's ruthlessness.

Comfortable win in the end. And a decent performance.
Finally.

Viper

Established Member
Great result. Good to see Henry bag two goals and beat Ian Wright's record. I also thought this was Pires' best game of the season. Toure played well in defence too.

sabret00the

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
sabret00the said:
Tegh said:
I think he's great sabret00the, but he wasn't given s**t all game, neither was Henry.

Henry managed to score from two of the three chances he had, Van Persie has been given jack s**t all night. What the hell was the point in switching him on the left early on aswell, he's a damn striker, and if he's going to get better at that position he needs to play there.
which is why i question his chances, he's not given the opportunity, their seems to be no beleif or determination from Arsène to see him succeed. i mean even the tactics don't play to his strengths, it's clear to see he should be the last man.

we could have played to his strenghts or henry's. i think Arsène made the right choice in the end. henry is proven to be more reliable. vp probably wil never be the player he is.
of course you're right, but it does add weight to my theory.

Wenger14

Established Member
Good result, good game, new record holder, am all smiles now.

Right time to celebrate with a smoke, will be back later, with my review of the match.

And btw, I take back my "cygan? ffs" comment before the match started.

DaViEsW

That'll do....If Henry leaves we truly are buggered, he's the only thing keeping Arsenal in the top echelon of English football right now, some more world-class players needed posthaste.

lol, Utd did very well I see.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Our midfield seemed a bit imbalanced tonight even though the stats said we had more possesion it seemed our midfield gave the ball away alot, one more injury and we're a bit screwed. Flamini and Gilberto didn't work too well and it looks like we'll have to stick with that central midfield pairing for a couple of weeks since Reyes is injured (who could of filled at at left mid).
Henry was class tonight well his goals anyway had some nice touches and tracked back to help defend but seemed rusty of course after being out for 6 weeks!

We weren't really tested tonight other than Clichy when misjudged some crosses and Toure having to do his renowed ball last ditch sliding tackles and blocks a few times.

kel varnsen

Established Member
average performance, good result. pires was once again, in spite of the assist, abysmal. van persie and clichy were also very poor tonight.

our best players were cygan, toure and of course henry. fabregas played quite well too, but was a bit invisible at times.

anyone know how reyes is doing? looked like he got a back injury..

jay-d

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
average performance, good result. pires was once again, in spite of the assist, abysmal. van persie and clichy were also very poor tonight.

our best players were cygan, toure and of course henry. fabregas played quite well too, but was a bit invisible at times.

Reyes has a broken rib.

arsenal05

yea i heard that too! lets hope not really as bad as it seems!

anyone know how long he may be out if this the case?

Ricky_AFC

kel varnsen said:

It said during the match that it is a broken rib.

yoinkster

I didn't think pires was that bad at all, in fact I thought he played quite well.
Clichy looked very nervous but luckily for him Cygan played well and covered him and Toure in turn covered Cygan well.
There were glimpses of being back to our best, one second half move that resulted in a cut back from Eboue to Henry would've been the best goal the CL has seen for a long time.
Where's the final being held this year ? I need to book my plane tickets and make sure university doesn't set any exams for that weekend !!

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom