• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Thun vs Arsenal | 22/11/05

informed1

Eboue played well....I have a feeling he is slightly injured. the game had far too many bloody offsides, the whistle blew every two seconds. I hated the fact that they had a good goal disallowed, if that was us we would be pissed but to use a popular football phrase "at the end of the day" we won and qualify top of the group so I am happy

SAKURABA

Game of the year Canditate...waht a performance by our boys...they fighted for every ball and we'Re never caught offside...

ha stupid dreams...what a sleeping contest it was!! tiem to watch some college hoops

IBL

Established Member
kaids said:
PLEASE let Eboue have played himself into the starting XI in the absence of Cole & Clichy. Lauren was so much better on the left than Cygan.

I second that.

C'mon Wenger do the decent thing

Wenger14

Established Member
Song impressed me, I reckon he should be ahead of Flamini, who again was piss poor.

Lauren surely earnt a LB spot for the next month, and I'd like to see Toure on the right with Senderos and Cambell in the centre.

Eboue has a bright future, his foward runs are amazing and will only get better, Cafu anyone?

informed1

sabret00the said:
kaids said:
Lauren was so much better on the left than Cygan.
Quoted For Truth

to be honest I really didn't understand why Wenger didn't risk it and put Lauren on the left to start with, this is nothing against Cygan but he was so used to CB that he kept drifting inside and way out of position. He made some good clearances by heading the ball away, I didn't see his booking, left the tv for 2 mins and heard he was booked when I came back.

patrick42uk

Established Member
song played well, won a few balls in midfield. has a good touch too but doesnt seem to have enough confidence yet to take control of the ball in midfield. i still hope we buy an established midfielder though, someone our defenders wont be afraid to pass the ball to.

the less said about our passing the better. infact, it was non-existent. the team forgot we have a midfield. the trend of launching it from defence to attack is slightly worrying. i was hoping that would be a plan b or c not the basis of all our attacks. i think henry got bored. the game degnerated into a farce. resembled an amatuer match. the referee and linesmen were definately amatuers.

ljungberg got so frustrated with reyes he switched flanks (or was asked to). he's probably as baffled as i am as to how this boy managed to command a multi-million pound figure.

Legend#1

Established Member
1 Thing about Eboue.. Although I like him:

Eboue was class going forward.. but needs to work on his defensive duties.. There was 1 chance where he should be marking the bloke in the centre.. but he's just watching him.. and if there captain just squared it, it would have been an open goal for him.. He did this a few times, just watching a man in a dangerous position.. He also jogged back sometimes when he bombed forward and didn't show much urgency.

Going forward he's brilliant though.. His defensive ability will come in time.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
Song impressed me, I reckon he should be ahead of Flamini, who again was piss poor.

Lauren surely earnt a LB spot for the next month, and I'd like to see Toure on the right with Senderos and Cambell in the centre.

Eboue has a bright future, his foward runs are amazing and will only get better, Cafu anyone?

i think flamini did ok today. didn't give the ball away and got stuck in. in fact, i think most played ok, individually, but we lacked team effort today. poor movement off the ball and just sloppy passing.

btw, lauren should play left back from now on. cygan was horrible tonight...

sabret00the

Established Member
SAKURABA said:
Game of the year Canditate...waht a performance by our boys...they fighted for every ball and we'Re never caught offside...

ha stupid dreams...what a sleeping contest it was!! tiem to watch some college hoops
sarcasm?

Allyboy

Established Member
Crap performance, good result.

Having had years where we have sometimes played well in the CL and not got the win, I am more than happy to live with us winning despite not playing well.

Henry can have a rest for the Ajax game now too.

kel varnsen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
ljungberg got so frustrated with reyes he switched flanks (or was asked to). he's probably as baffled as i am as to how this boy managed to command a multi-million pound figure.

well, ljungberg was, aside from cygan, our worst player today. did absolutely nothing. no movement off the ball, lousy passing and his first touch was laughable.

Wenger14

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Wenger14 said:

i think flamini did ok today. didn't give the ball away and got stuck in. in fact, i think most played ok, individually, but we lacked team effort today. poor movement off the ball and just sloppy passing.

btw, lauren should play left back from now on. cygan was horrible tonight...

Should have been clearer, Flamini IMO was piss poor in comparison to Song, just look at their tackling, one has incredible potential while the other just can't do it.

Agree Lauren should play LB, and Kel astonished you aren't backing Cygan, :p

sabret00the

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
song played well, won a few balls in midfield. has a good touch too but doesnt seem to have enough confidence yet to take control of the ball in midfield. i still hope we buy an established midfielder though, someone our defenders wont be afraid to pass the ball to.

the less said about our passing the better. infact, it was non-existent. the team forgot we have a midfield. the trend of launching it from defence to attack is slightly worrying. i was hoping that would be a plan b or c not the basis of all our attacks. i think henry got bored. the game degnerated into a farce. resembled an amatuer match. the referee and linesmen were definately amatuers.

ouch at the reyes comment but bar that you're right though i think reyes had a decent game

Legend#1 said:
1 Thing about Eboue.. Although I like him:

Eboue was class going forward.. but needs to work on his defensive duties.. There was 1 chance where he should be marking the bloke in the centre.. but he's just watching him.. and if there captain just squared it, it would have been an open goal for him.. He did this a few times, just watching a man in a dangerous position.. He also jogged back sometimes when he bombed forward and didn't show much urgency.

Going forward he's brilliant though.. His defensive ability will come in time.
Eboue had a good game but he's at that stage where he can only improve with first team football, fundamentally he was there defensively though their were a few slip ups, hopefully with a small run he'll fix up.

Legend#1

Established Member
At least Reyes tried to be fair to him..

Thierry was static all night.. Freddie was awful with the 1st touch of a donkey.

Wenger14

Established Member
Allyboy said:
Crap performance, good result.

Having had years where we have sometimes played well in the CL and not got the win, I am more than happy to live with us winning despite not playing well.

Henry can have a rest for the Ajax game now too.

Agree to the word. We are winning with seemingly mediocre perfomances, Would like to see Quincy play against Ajax for Henry

bank8

I concerned Why Reyes only passed ball all of the game.He passed,passed
and passed .I want to see him drib!! God damn!! :evil: :twisted: .
Actually, he had a good creative. but if he played in winger. He should showed
something more than passing. I dissapointed him. :( :(
Have Anyone think like me?? Tell me how you think about his attitude. :roll:

In contrast, Robin played very well. :p Pernalty kick was made from his technic.
Brilliant move!! Remember his through pass to henry that Titi shot very close.
It so fantastic !! like bergkamp :) :) . He will inherit the great from bergy.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom