• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

COC: Tottenham vs. Arsenal- 23/09/15 - 7:45pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

CPnZcoEUYAAIIW3.jpg

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I was impressed how the whole team were pressing, tracking back, overall defensively we looked more organised and you could you visibly see them communicating to each a lot more than usual. The only exception to this was Debcuhy who let the side down and had a complete night mare getting caught out of position time after time. We had the better of the first half and deserved to go in at half time in the lead. In the second half Sp**s came out with more desire and with us coming out forgetting how to pass therefore putting more pressure on ourselves it was only a matter of time before they equalised. The Alexis substitution swung the momentum back in our favor who instantly looked lively and had the better of their full back.

Chambers (My MOTM pick), Mertesacker, Gibbs, Ospina and Flamini all had good games. Campbell had a impressive first half in terms of pressing, tracking back, holding the wing well, good movement into space and basically working his ass off to point he was shattered in the second half.

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Well, good thing Tottenumb mnaged to outshit us tonight. More questions than answers.

In the utter crap stakes, this lot shone through:

1. DeBoosh

2. Aeteta

3. Joel

4. Rambo

5. The Ox.

OH and GIROUD-he was dogshite tonight. He's in the doldrums I guess.

Couldn't believe the mare that was going on over on the right with DeBoosh & Joel. WTF were they playing at.

If Arteta's the solution to our midfield injury issues, we're in for a long few weeks until Le Coq gets back. He's effing crap. Like the guy but WTF was Wenger thinking that he can do a job in the CDM role.

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

Yeah Arteta seems truly past it I'm afraid. I guess Wenger had faith he could still do a job but it seems like its asking too much. Having him play in games like this is fine, but if he has to play in the league we're in trouble.

I really hope we go in seriously for a CDM in January. More important than a forward right now.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Come on mate - Ramsey was far better than that lot you mentioned - whilst he was poor, he still made things happen.

He shouldn't be played in an attacking midfield. His best form came from where Santi plays alongside Arteta. Love Santi, but he's been out of form for a long time. Time for a change.

I don't like watching Arsenal when they're dull and predictable.

Token Yank

You don't know what you got until it's gone (Özil). Ramsey is horrifying at the 10 spot. Arteta is so useless. People just run by him all game. He seems like a drunk person 10 seconds late with every reaction and just kinda wandering around. I didn't think Debuchy was that bad. Chambers was awful, he needs some loans. Flamini made us all eat crow tonight, he looked like freaking Paul Pogba.

Stoneh

Is it just me or some of you guys also may have noticed that Giroud actually played well. He got in good positions numerous times but Ox, Ramsey, Walcott, Sanchez didnt pass to him. Probably becaus they also now believe he will miss. Looks like Wenger is now only one who still has faith in him.o_O

Seriously though, he was in good positions and may have scored one or two goals if the above passed rather than shoot and miss themselves.

Token Yank

I agree Stoneh. I thought he actually looked...gasp....kinda fast and light on his feet. He did make some great runs and the keeper made a good save on one. A couple others Ramsey's head was in his ass.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Didn't watch the game this morning, woke up groggy at around the 89th minute and had a look at the Guardians live commentary of the game, saw Flamini scored, twice. I thought "Nah, I'm still dreaming" and went back to sleep.

Yeah came down and passed out on the couch , came back to conciousness as the ball was about to be hit and thought " smash it Rambo !" Then commentator shouts Flamini ! I thought huh ? oh that'll do .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom