• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

For the moment we've falleb well behind. Only United have a had a worse window.

Not sure if Aouar alone is even enough to put us in the top 3 tbh let alone top 2.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

For the moment we've falleb well behind. Only United have a had a worse window.

Not sure if Aouar alone is even enough to put us in the top 3 tbh let alone top 2.

I don’t think signing Aouar is going to guarantee us a top 4 spot judging by what the other clubs are doing. The club need to invest in both Aouar and Partey or another midfielder imo to have a chance come May.

Utd will 100% strengthen especially with all the pressure they’re getting. It might not be Jadon Sancho but even if they get Telles and Perisic they’ve still addressed two areas of weakness and added two quality players plus VDB.

Teams will be buying players in the last week of the window whilst we’re still trying to offload our trash ffs.

say yes

forum master baiter
Updated to include Jota's transfer. Liverpool smashing it and their net spend is still only about a third of Chelsea's.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Liverpool's signings are easily better than Chelsea's.

Let's play Aubamawang

I can't see Bale having anywhere near the same direct impact for Sp**s as he used to, given his age, injury history, preference for golf, etc. But his return will lift the players around him. 6/10.

Liverpool may be late to the party but they have made some cracking signings. Although it will be sad to see a player of Jota's calibre riding the bench. 10/10.

We already know Chelsea have gone a bit BL crazy with their signings. Not a bad idea if they adapt well to this league. 9/10.

Man City have quietly gone about their non-Messi related business, giving them better depth. 7/10.

Manure signed vdBeek, which made me sad as a Bergkamp protege should really be doing a job for us. And their foolhardy insistence that Dortmund should bow down to them regarding Sancho has been my highlight of the window. Pandemic or not, with his age and talent, Dortmund have every right to hold out for £100m. United can only blame themselves since their massive transfer fees over the years have helped inflate the market. And they still haven't addressed their CB issues. 5/10.

Given the above, we really need to shift some players so we can get both Partey and Auoar. If last night has highlighted anything, it's that our chance creation since Arteta took over has been shocking and there may be plenty of hard work, but there's not enough guile and creativity with Xhaka-Ceballos in the centre. Ceballos-Auoar-Partey would be a serious upgrade. Gabriel looks good, Willian can do a job and improve our youngsters. Keeping Leno was a mistake since he's back to flapping at things again. He may have lacked experience, but Martinez knows how to keep hold of the ball. So far we upgraded the defence, downgraded the gk, have done nothing to improve in midfield and added depth on the wing. So we addressed one flaw only to create a new one. Right now I would say it's a 6/10 at best.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
United will panic and pay the money for Sancho. Tbh they need a fast CB and good offensive LB more, but cant see who they'd get.

Liverpool have done the best buisness so far imo. They've strengthened all the areas they had to: back up to the front 3, creative midfielder and a back up left back.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
United badly need a CB and CDM. But it doesnt matter who they get. They've spent 250M under Ole and there's absolutely no change no matter who the personel.

J hope he stays a long time because the manager is whack.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Liverpool are doing an excellent job of strengthening while in a position of power. It wasn't so long ago I looked at them and saw a fantastic first XI but very weak backup. Now they are one central defender away from having 2 strong XI's

Allison
TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Thiago
Salah Firminho Mane

Adrian
Williams Matip ? Tsimikas
Wijnaldum Keita Milner
Jota Origi Minamino

That is without a few good youngsters and older pros like Jones, Elliot, Brewster, Woodburn, Wilson, Ox, Shaqiri and Karius.

say yes

forum master baiter
Updated to include Sp**s' moves.

Arsenal's net spend this summer could be doubled and we'd still have the lowest @Makingtrax. Worrying times.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Updated to include Sp**s' moves.

Arsenal's net spend this summer could be doubled and we'd still have the lowest @Makingtrax. Worrying times.
Yesterday showed us how limited our squad is. Tierney out, clogger in.

We may have finally got the CB area covered after getting 8 of them :rolleyes: if Saliba and Gabriel come good, but midfield is still woeful and needs investment. Ceballos and Xhaka can't carry us all season. And Torreira needs to be sold. Willock and Elneny are just stop gaps.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Everything in this clip is amazing, hearing the crowd roar because we've brought in a world class player who's making his debut. Just want that again. Give me fans back, give me a top signing.

The club was in such a great place at the time, shame they only signed Cech the following summer. That was the time to push on. :(

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom