• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

Chancellor

the gap it's getting bigger as warned by Arteta.

Right now i can only see us battling with Everton, Leicester and Wolves for the 6th/7th/8th positions.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
the gap it's getting bigger as warned by Arteta.

Right now i can only see us battling with Everton, Leicester and Wolves for the 6th/7th/8th positions.

Man United finished on 66 points last season and haven't improved their starting 11.

We're currently in a huge dog fight for 4th with 3 or 4 clubs. Need additions to help us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we sign a midfielder, Utd are massively in danger of losing that 4th spot to us. I just think Arteta vs Ole is a big mismatch.

Lampard will get that 3rd spot, his signings and squad power will get him over the line.

Chancellor

I think that we are better now compared to last season overall but on the most import area for me we are in the same situation as last season.

And for me other teams are stronger too (not just the big 6 teams).

I gave a 3/10 to last summer window and i said that we were closer to 7th that the 4th.

I hope this year i'm wrong because it doesn't give me any pleasure to see Arsenal doing bad.

say yes

forum master baiter
If we sign a midfielder, Utd are massively in danger of losing that 4th spot to us. I just think Arteta vs Ole is a big mismatch.

Lampard will get that 3rd spot, his signings and squad power will get him over the line.
You not backing your boy Mourinho?

Sp**s making some good signings.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Hojbjerg is bang average, Doherty is a good player in a 343 but will leave huge gaps in defence in a 4231 which is what Maureen is playing. Toby hasn't got the pace to deal with that as seen against Everton. Reguilon is an attacking left back, not sure he can actually defend. Bale will be touch and go, could be incredible but could also be terrible/injured.

GDeep™

League is very weak

You just want an excuse to post those 30 fake Mourinho posts you’ve saved up, don’t you?

They’ll be there or there abouts with us and Utd in the chase for 4th. Got a feeling we have the best manager though.

say yes

forum master baiter
Updated to include Thiago’s transfer.

Arsenal now have the lowest net spend. Second lowest is Sp**s, and they’re going to announce Bale and Reguilon imminently.

OSBK

Established Member
On paper its chelsea, some outstanding talent but can they gel and compete is the question. They without a doubt are far stronger than last season.

City next, i do expect them to sign a winger/forward but right now the strongest squad in the prem.

Arsenal, DC back, auba contract, 2 cb's, a rb and willian. Another prime signing and we can secure top 4.

Pool, i dont think they have had a great window. On paper a 11 that can win the league but the squad is not strong or good enough to take on and win multiple comps. Jota signing will be good but after a great start at wolves he has regressed, traore wouldve been a great signing.

Man utd, not a great window. DVB adds quality but at what cost to a already fragile defense. Ole gone by christmas.

Spuds- very poor window. Even with bale incoming it doesnt really improve them. Under poch a good back 5, now they are very average. Holberg very poor signing, he is like a crap version of xhaka.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You have to look at it in terms of what sort of upgrade teams have made on the positions they've purchased players in. In comparison to what they actually needed of course.

Liverpool needed creativity in midfield to take the burden off of TAA/Robbo. Signed Thiago. They also needed depth in attack and defence. Signing Jota and potentially Kabak. For Liverpool this is a 10/10 window.

Man United on the other hand needed a right winger, CB and CDM to really improve their starting 11. Telles is probably an improvement on Shaw, but I like Shaw hes like their Monreal. VDB is not an improvement on Pogba or Bruno, so is just depth. United's window so far is a 4/10.

What did Chelsea need? A keeper, top left back, top CB, better striker. They got the striker, left back, upgraded their AM, in the long run upgraded RW with Ziyech but short term not sure hes a huge upgrade on Willian. Keeper Is a complete unknown they haven't signed an out and out top keeper. They haven't signed a top CB either. They now have a lot of firepower, but for me it's an 8/10 window for what they actually needed.

City have replaced Sane but with a bit of an unknown player. They've added CB depth but they really needed a better left back and a starter right centre back to partner Laporte. So far for what they need its a 5/10 window for City.

Sp**s needed a right back, CB, LB, CDM, right wing and striker depth. They've fixed most problems but i don't think they've fixed them to the level needed for anything above 5th or 4th. 7/10 window from Sp**s so far.

Onto us... we desperately needed a CB who was dominant in the air amongst other things. Think we've found that in Gabriel. We were also severely lacking creativity, so making the extremely astute signing of Willian was top business. On paper you could say we've fixed our two main issues and anything else is a bonus. But in terms of starting 11 the midfield needs more quality. 6/10 window so far from Arsenal. 8/10 with one of A or P. 9/10 for both and 10/10 if we magically upgrade Lacazette.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool pretty much following the blue print for what a title winning side should do.

One world class player in their ‘weakest‘ area, fullback cover and what now looks like a decent forward who can cover the entire front line.

Not as easy as it sounds to maintain a title winning team. You can’t sign high potential youngsters to keep your team going because they know they won’t get playing time over your first eleven so you have to sign ready made world class players which is extremely expensive.

Thiago is a nice exception as he was on a free but they’re going to find it very expensive to try upgrade on anyone else in that side now. A good problem to have I guess.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
At the moment I’d say:

1. Chelsea
2/3. Liverpool and Sp**s
4/5. Arsenal and City
6. United
Basically, this. United need 3 high quality players to catch up-CB, LB and Sancho. We need two midfielders to be on the same level as Spuds.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Liverpool and Chelsea win. In fact Liverpool win. Chelsea have bought in plenty of quality, but haven't added the needed ingredients to their weakest area - defence.

Sp**s have done well on paper, but it remains to be seen whether it works for them or not. United's business has been odd.

Content with what we've been. Bolstered the defence with a mix of older players with Premier League experience (not lots with Mari) and then two, highly-rated cbs from the French league. Ceballos back is great, but we need at least 1 more.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool easily win the window and they probably aren't down. Thiago takes their midfield up levels with technical quality to find runners. On top of that Jota has immense potential and is already adapted to the Premier League. No way he is only worth 45 million. It's a bargain and will allow them to sell Mane for massive money next summer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool easily win the window and they probably aren't down. Thiago takes their midfield up levels with technical quality to find runners. On top of that Jota has immense potential and is already adapted to the Premier League. No way he is only worth 45 million. It's a bargain and will allow them to sell Mane for massive money next summer.
Why would they sell Mané?

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom