• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't think Chelsea have improved that much for the money spent, if I'm honest.

Changing this tp Liverpool after Thiago, that should see them win the league.

After Pierre today, I am happy with our business...though still hoping for Partey before the window closes.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
How can you say Arsenal have had a better summer than City when none of us know anything about Gabriel? On paper, Ake is an established PL defender.

With Gabriel we’re learning about him by watching him now.

I'd argue because City has an almost perfect squad which makes it very hard to actually improve upon.
True, Ake could be a massive coup, but there's a chance the players who are already there retain a certain form and keep their spot. It's just way harder to add players that guarantee a massive improvement.

On the contrary, it's quite easy to improve us massively just by adding certain types of players that add traits we are solely lacking, because our squad is imbalanced.

Gabriel, Saliba and Willian fix almost every issue we have except a midfielder. That's us going up 2 levels whilst City is maybe improving a bit or not at all.

We are closing the gap so to speak, because it's just obviously easier to do so with less effort.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We know Gabriel is not going to have a great season, no? There will be times this season where him and Saliba get murdered, France to England is a massive jump. Hopefully they’ll improve and by next season be more accomplished.

Ake, at worst, he’ll be 7/10 this season. Knows English football, knows the league, has pace etc. His City side will have the ball for 80% of most games.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
We know Gabriel is not going to have a great season, no? There will be times this season where him and Saliba get murdered, France to England is a massive jump. Hopefully they’ll improve and by next season be more accomplished.

Ake, at worst, he’ll be 7/10 this season. Knows English football, knows the league, has pace etc. His City side will have the ball for 80% of most games.

Stick to Cricket mate.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Is it such a jump to come to england, really? not like saly and gabs played for weak teams, the latter played in CL last season.
ancelotti said today that he thougth that the jump to pl that english pundits love to milk to death is a bit of a myth

GDeep™

League is very weak
Is it such a jump to come to england, really? not like saly and gabs played for weak teams, the latter played in CL last season.
ancelotti said today that he thougth that the jump to pl that english pundits love to milk to death is a bit of a myth
Look at Pepe? Poor all season in terms of performances. All our French players have needed time to adapt.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Look at Pepe? Poor all season in terms of performances. All our French players have needed time to adapt.

The whole team was poor and suffered from lack of plan and structure though. Its not the same team under the same manager that Gabs and Saly comes into

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea win with the Werner and Havertz signings. Not convinced by the others they've signed.
City or us next. Ake and Willian both established players, remains to be seen how likes of Torres or Gabriel will do but potentially great signings. We obviously need a big midfield signing though.
Liverpool need more depth but I think Tsimikas could be a great back up to Robertson.
This could all be ranked differently by the time the transfer window shuts.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Don't think Chelsea have improved that much for the money spent, if I'm honest.

City have had the best window if they get Koulibaly in, as they will win the league then.

After Pierre today, I am happy with our business...though still hoping for Partey before the window closes.

On what basis, from that first game of the season ?!?

They have trained with the squad partly for 4 days and will need to adjust to the league, get match-fit and have some time playing together before you can do such analysis to begin with.

Ziyech hasn't even played yet and is probably the most exciting for now, since he's already in his prime.
They got 5 massive massive additions and will challenge for the very top at some point, next season the latest.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I like Utd’s business tbh. Van de Beek lets Pogba play in his natural position further up the field like he did in the WC 2018.

Think they’re going to upgrade massively from that alone. A CB is probably still needed as well as an LB but I really like their squad now.

City have gone and upgraded with Ferran coming in and now Ake as a reliable bench option.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

On what basis, from that first game of the season ?!?

They have trained with the squad partly for 4 days and will need to adjust to the league, get match-fit and have some time playing together before you can do such analysis to begin with.

Ziyech hasn't even played yet and is probably the most exciting for now, since he's already in his prime.
They got 5 massive massive additions and will challenge for the very top at some point, next season the latest.

My opinion will either be visionary or completely terrible, I like having that big difference being on the line...I will patiently await the verdict as the season unfolds...

thinking.jpg

Breezy

How can you say Arsenal have had a better summer than City when none of us know anything about Gabriel? On paper, Ake is an established PL defender.

With Gabriel we’re learning about him by watching him now.

Established relegation fighting PL defender.

Breezy

I like Utd’s business tbh. Van de Beek lets Pogba play in his natural position further up the field like he did in the WC 2018.

Think they’re going to upgrade massively from that alone. A CB is probably still needed as well as an LB but I really like their squad now.

City have gone and upgraded with Ferran coming in and now Ake as a reliable bench option.

I heard Utd are planning to play Pogba deeper to accommodate VDB.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom