Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by krengon, Jul 25, 2019.

1. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

You are right, he is an exciting talent and always ready to get the ball in most spaces. He has been misplacing passes at a higher rate compared to his earlier games. Maybe it’s a new league and always tries hard to make things happen. I believe once he gets used to the league and adjusts accordingly, he can be an excellent player.

tap-in likes this.
  2. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

To think we are only 10 games in and he's only 22, so much room for improvement and at £30m (if true) it would be a good deal. Some on AM have already decided he's not good enough, yes he's gone off a bit but the whole team isn't exactly lighting up the league.

Artisan and m-due like this.
  3. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

he has always misplaced passes.

He's worse than Xhaka, though he makes it up in other aspects of the game.

m-due likes this.
  4. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

I'm off to Liverpool.

22 hours of flight and all, for the sake of unadulterated masochism.

5. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Wasn't convinced by him at Real, still not convinced. Bad signing.

krackpot and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  6. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Pool is a nice city, enjoy it!

7. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

He’s more style than substance, this lad. Beautiful touch and turn but doesn’t have the eye of a needle pass to compliment it in the way a Thiago or an Isco does.

I’d still take him here permanently. He’s clearly a talented player who would be ideal in a possession orientated team.

Artisan and m-due like this.
  8. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy at this stage. Not enough about him and too many wrong pieces around him.

9. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Agree with this unfortunately, which is a shame as he is a good footballer...would probably cost a lot too.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  10. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Great dribbling, shooting and composure. Not afraid to put a tackle in. I do think that he tries to do too much at times though. He needs to realise that this isn't la liga and add a bit more intensity to his game.

I would love him here on a permanent basis though. Ceballos, Torreria, Willock and Smith-Rowe is an amazing batch of young midfielders. They'd just need Torreria or a Xhaka replacement to supplement them.

EmeryCouldnt likes this.
  11. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Average player not worth signing on a permanent deal.

12. Manberg

Manberg Well-Known Member

He's purposely playing bad to lower his cost.

Taylor Gang Gunners likes this.
  13. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

He's shown me absolutely nothing to suggest that he's a top quality player. At this moment you'd have Willock ahead of him which'd make the possibility of signing him utterly pointless. Torreira and Guendouzi are also better for the deeper roles and Özil is light-years ahead as a number 10.

14. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Said he would be the player to miss one when he was walking up, cant believe emery rates this guy over Özil

Taylor Gang Gunners and albakos like this.
  15. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

He is quality and with the Xhaka situation in front of us Ceballos is going to play every game from now on.
    I can see Unai playing him Torreira and Matteo till the end of the season rotating Matteo with willock from time to time.

truth_hurts likes this.
  16. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

17. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

That pass at the end when Joe had the whole half to run into :mad:

Pepes blue pill and albakos like this.
  18. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

it's hilarious how after one great decent sub performance we were all offering up the 30mil to real and he was out there saying he can do better than us

but he's been a sack of **** of late...he's got no ball playing ability- he can wriggle and turn and chase and close down- but he cannot pass the ball in a straight line

it's made as hell that he is rated over Özil

19. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

That was criminal, I stopped playing football after the 1st time I played after being diagnosed with ms because I found I did everything super slow, I woulda still been able to make that pass ffs, it was so bloody easy

Riou likes this.
  20. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

For someone so technically good there are so many times where he messes up the most basic of things. No pace on a pass, poor first touch, wayward passes etc. It's so weird, he's giving me Arshavin vibes.