• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I stand corrected. Grealish’s stats are really fantastic too. Didn’t realise he’s had such a fantastic season.

Still, Buendía and Alberto are clearly the more viable plays for us money-wise.

But just to say apologies to Grealish I see why the figures quoted for him are so high.

Problem with Grealish like all English players is hype. Grealish will realsictally go for between 50-60m. We could get Buendia and Partey for about 70m. I know where I would be spending my money.

What about City getting Torres so cheap. I know Valencia need money at the moment but 21m/€25m plus a few add ons is cheap in my opinion.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
AS reports it as 12 in variables, but I agree, it's cheap, and it sets the stage for what should be a pretty cheap market, especially when buying off Spanish, Italian, or French clubs.

re: Buendía if Liverpool doesn't snatch him up we absolutely have to.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Thing is Buendia is literally a deal we could do now.

The club should have already sent feelers out to clubs about the availability of players and interest from agents.

Nowadays everyone is "tapping up". You get the interest from the player first before even making an offer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

The club should have already sent feelers out to clubs about the availability of players and interest from agents.

Nowadays everyone is "tapping up". You get the interest from the player first before even making an offer.

We were always going to be waiting for this cup final before knowing our targets. Arteta has already mentioned that.

I think Beundia is a good player but I dont think he has much of a ceiling. To just get him in for the sake of it shouldn't be the play.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We were always going to be waiting for this cup final before knowing our targets. Arteta has already mentioned that.

I think Beundia is a good player but I dont think he has much of a ceiling. To just get him in for the sake of it shouldn't be the play.

Stop with the "ceiling". Is this the latest fashion trend or something.

His stats prove he is a creator. And those stats are good in a terrible team. Put him in a team with decent attacking players and watch it rise.

We are crying out for an attacking threat from a central area. We have very little money to go for a Havertz type player. We dont want to keep signing obscure players who will need to adapt. We also dont want a player on high wages and we need a player who would actually see us as a step up in their career and a chance to take themselves to the next level.

All of that makes Buendia the ideal signing. 20m ish, probably wages of 70/80k,hes 23, PL proven. Who is a better fit?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah even if this is his ceiling he's better than all our midfielders

Jae

Hardly anyone mentioned Buendia until a someone posted a few stats now the whole of AM are sucking him off, shows no one on here watches football. Losers.

Aarons and Cantwell are the ones who are always mentioned in that squad.

Plus, who in their right mind would want to watch Norwich given the choice? :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I have a bad feeling we will look down on this deal and just pursue Kias buddies. The only thing that gives me hope is Arteta's comments about Liverpool being smart buying from relegated teams.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I swear tapping up used to be this big taboo thing that was the worst thing you could possibly do in football, now people openly talk about it. Didn't Werner say something like he was convinced to go to Chelsea by telephone conversations with Lampard a few months ago? Like what is that if not tapping up.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
These are the last 10 signings from within the Premiership according to this list,

https://arseblog.news/2015/10/full-list-of-arsenal-players-under-Arsène-wenger/

Holding
Cech
Welbeck
Chambers
Benayoun
Arteta
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Jenkinson
Silvestre
Gallas

I'm not 100% on Holding, I'm not sure if we signed him from Bolton when they went down or when they were in the Championship.

Ox, Jenks and Holding all signed from the lower leagues. I think Bolton got relegated to league one the summer we signed him.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Yeah I swear tapping up used to be this big taboo thing that was the worst thing you could possibly do in football, now people openly talk about it. Didn't Werner say something like he was convinced to go to Chelsea by telephone conversations with Lampard a few months ago? Like what is that if not tapping up.

It's not tapping up if the club asks permission.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

I have a bad feeling we will look down on this deal and just pursue Kias buddies. The only thing that gives me hope is Arteta's comments about Liverpool being smart buying from relegated teams.

Think this is a massive issue. We're kidding ourselves that we're a CL big boy that can afford anyone and have lost our roots as finding bargains.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hardly anyone mentioned Buendia until a someone posted a few stats now the whole of AM are sucking him off, shows no one on here watches football. Losers.
I keep an eye on stats a lot due to FPL and while I never touched Norwich attackers I always noticed Buendia at the top of chance created lists and this was consistently throughout the season.

Didn’t read too much into it, I just assumed he was some 30 year old Spanish journeyman having a weird statistical season because Norwich were doing really ****. For me the turning point was seeing his stats compared to the rest of Europe and then finding out he was only 23.

Watched one YouTube video and combined with the stats and the age for me, he looks a good pickup.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

To be fair, you just gotta watch a youtube of him once and you see the gem he is.

Many players have good youtube videos, but everyone who's played football himself to a basic level knows this guy's pretty legit

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I keep an eye on stats a lot due to FPL and while I never touched Norwich attackers I always noticed Buendia at the top of chance created lists and this was consistently throughout the season.

Didn’t read too much into it, I just assumed he was some 30 year old Spanish journeyman having a weird statistical season because Norwich were doing really ****. For me the turning point was seeing his stats compared to the rest of Europe and then finding out he was only 23.

Watched one YouTube video and combined with the stats and the age for me, he looks a good pickup.

He's evolved to my number 1 choice for that role we need, particularly, of course, because he's also rather cheap.

We basically get a PL proven, young creative midfielder for cheap that is even good under pressure, good defensively etc - it's too good to be true, won't happen.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

To be fair, you just gotta watch a youtube of him once and you see the gem he is.

Many players have good youtube videos, but everyone who's played football himself to a basic level knows this guy's pretty legit
YouTube + stats is actually a very decent way to evaluate a player. You just have to know what to look for.

it's too good to be true, won't happen.

at least you know. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom