• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

zilfy

I agree it doesn't feel creative enough, but I think Ceballos can be more creative than he's shown. Maybe he's just being asked by the coach to play this role deeper on the pitch, if he was asked to play higher he could do that and perhaps create more.

Ideally I think you'd have Ceballos as one of the 8's in a 3 man midfield with a 6 and another really technical 8, like Fabian Ruiz who he plays with for Spain. If Ruiz isn't an option, someone like Aouar seems like the right fit.

Partey-Xhaka-Ceballos could work, but I wouldn't call it perfectly balanced. And who'd be the back-ups? Seeing as we're looking to sell Guendouzi and Torreira.
Dani can be creative but it would be unwise to depend on him as the creative force if the team.
He also seems to play better from deep- he was ****e earlier in the season when unai had him high up the pitch

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Dani can be creative but it would be unwise to depend on him as the creative force if the team.
He also seems to play better from deep- he was ****e earlier in the season when unai had him high up the pitch

I'd love Fabian Ruiz, they seem to operate so well together. I can't imagine Napoli would even entertain offers this summer though, you'd have to offer crazy money.

I wonder if Luis Alberto is an option. He's 27 with 2 years left on his contract, Santi came to us at a similar age. He's been in incredible form for about 3 years now, and he's just a pure baller, all about technique and creativity.

Fabian Ruiz, Luis Alberto, Aouar, even Buendia, I just don't know why there aren't more links to guys like this when they're exactly what we need.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I'd love Fabian Ruiz, they seem to operate so well together. I can't imagine Napoli would even entertain offers this summer though, you'd have to offer crazy money.

I wonder if Luis Alberto is an option. He's 27 with 2 years left on his contract, Santi came to us at a similar age. He's been in incredible form for about 3 years now, and he's just a pure baller, all about technique and creativity.

Fabian Ruiz, Luis Alberto, Aouar, even Buendia, I just don't know why there aren't more links to guys like this when they're exactly what we need.
Exactly!! A midfield of Xhaka - Ceballos - and all you said (a Thiago Alcantara like player) is what you need to add creativity on the mid. If you want to improve that midfield with more physical power replace Xhaka with a Partey or similar player and you are done.

I am very happy with Ceballos, some are forgetting he is 22 and first year at PL. Look at Pepe, he did so much worse than Ceballos. He is growing and improved a lot defensively. And what I like from him is he can actually play with the ball. He is not Santi but he is not bad either.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Man, Luis Alberto is a great shout that I hadn't thought of, and seems like he would be a brilliant signing. So agree with the bolded, we absolutely should be signing one of Alberto, Buendía, or Auoar. Alberto and Buendía especially because they seem rather gettable and affordable.

Fabián and Dani I think are slightly redundant (both fantastic players) and yeah, Fabián is way out of our price range, he's also a big favourite of Madrid and Barça's directives and scouts.

yorch44

Man, Luis Alberto is a great shout that I hadn't thought of, and seems like he would be a brilliant signing. So agree with the bolded, we absolutely should be signing one of Alberto, Buendía, or Auoar. Alberto and Buendía especially because they seem rather gettable and affordable.

Fabián and Dani I think are slightly redundant (both fantastic players) and yeah, Fabián is way out of our price range, he's also a big favourite of Madrid and Barça's directives and scouts.
Buendia should be done ASAP, Northwich relegated, he is from Argentina so the buy has balls to defend, he is not week and use his body pretty well. He has PL experience which is even harder to find. He is exactly what we need. He can even play in CM if needed.

You can see in him he plays with brain... Juega con huevos, garra y colmillo. He remembers me Riquelme and that's a big thing. He is like Lautaro, he has future.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Buendia should be done ASAP, Northwich relegated, he is from Argentina so the buy has balls to defend, he is not week and use his body pretty well. He has PL experience which is even harder to find. He is exactly what we need. He can even play in CM if needed.

You can see in him he plays with brain... Juega con huevos, garra y colmillo. He remembers me Riquelme and that's a big thing. He is like Lautaro, he has future.
Buendia makes too much sense. We'll probably get someone from Argentina's second division.

yorch44

Buendia makes too much sense. We'll probably get someone from Argentina's second division.
It would be very sad, man Buendia is very underrated but it's the perfect target. He is exactly what we need. Not Freakish, we can do it with him even without Partey. In an ideal world I would bring both but I don't think it's possible. My ideal midfield for Arsenal at this moment would be Partey - Ceballos - Buendía.

And I promise you that midfield can compete with any European team.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ceballos falls into the smart signing category. Lazy comparison, but think he could have a Monreal style impact as a consistent performer, who came in for relative peanuts.

Ceballos is a kid in cm terms and I'm confident he'd grow here. It seems clear that Madrid and Zidane don't see him in their plans.

Probably one for the transfer rumours area, but wonder if Madrid would be willing to let Isco or Assensio go? That would sort our creativity issue and Arteta gets a new Spaniard to salsa with.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We are waiting till the cup final to start our business, but with or without europe Buendia should be a priority target. He is in the top bracket of performers under 24, playing in the hardest league for the bottom team. Come on. He's creating almost 80 chances in a team that cant score. What could he do with better players around him.

Can someone please tell me. Who were the last 10 players we signed from the Premiership or a team that had just been relegated?

Tomb Bombadil

Ceballos falls into the smart signing category. Lazy comparison, but think he could have a Monreal style impact as a consistent performer, who came in for relative peanuts.
For me it's more of "another signing that not gonna bring us back to top". Smart if you want to challenge for EL but nothing more. He made his contribution but his not gonna lift us to another level. For the price we have to pay for him I would rather give his place to Willock/AMN/Other youngster.

In my opinion we should just buy players that really improve our team or that have the potential to become world class. Otherwise we have to go the developing our young players path. No other way back to top with our budget.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
We are waiting till the cup final to start our business, but with or without europe Buendia should be a priority target. He is in the top bracket of performers under 24, playing in the hardest league for the bottom team. Come on. He's creating almost 80 chances in a team that cant score. What could he do with better players around him.

Can someone please tell me. Who were the last 10 players we signed from the Premiership or a team that had just been relegated?

Yeah, Buendía's stats are really brilliant.

Can someone explain to me why Jack Grealish is the man who people talk about for the big clubs, for a big transfer, and not Buendía? I certainly wouldn't take Grealish over Buendía much less think about paying some of the figures quoted for him.

For the price we have to pay for him I would rather give his place to Willock/AMN/Other youngster.

Willock and AMN in a pipe dream scenario don't even have the potential to be as good as Dani is now. At Willock's age Dani had dominated every Spain youth level, been Betis' best player, and had got a transfer to Real Madrid for 30m.

People really need to wake up comparing Willock and AMN to Dani. We're not really talking about the same league of talents.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Luis Alberto is such a baller. Wonder what Lazio would want for him or even if he’d want to come here right now but honestly he’s a dream signing. Incredible player.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Luis Alberto is such a baller. Wonder what Lazio would want for him or even if he’d want to come here right now but honestly he’s a dream signing. Incredible player.

Think he'll probably extend with Lazio, looks like he's got a good thing going on there. But maybe 50m would do it. He's an interesting player though, he's a bit like Özil in that he doesn't at all look like a modern footballer. Like he has no physicality whatsoever, just pure technique and intelligence.

Also he hasn't played a huge amount of football for his age, which perhaps means he can carry on playing for longer than someone who was playing 50 games a season very young. Could totally be another Santi.

yorch44

I prefer Buendia, we know players comming from Italy takes his time to adapt

yorch44

Can someone explain to me why Jack Grealish is the man who people talk about for the big clubs, for a big transfer, and not Buendía? I certainly wouldn't take Grealish over Buendía much less think about paying some of the figures quoted for him.

Willock and AMN in a pipe dream scenario don't even have the potential to be as good as Dani is now. At Willock's age Dani had dominated every Spain youth level, been Betis' best player, and had got a transfer to Real Madrid for 30m.

People really need to wake up comparing Willock and AMN to Dani. We're not really talking about the same league of talents.
Because Grealish is Englishman, Buendia is underrated instead.... And that's exactly. The kind of business we should be making... Like Dortmund or Atlético always do

yorch44

You got it perfectly! He is about to explode as a player. If we don't get this kind of business we will never get back to CL.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
For me it's more of "another signing that not gonna bring us back to top". Smart if you want to challenge for EL but nothing more. He made his contribution but his not gonna lift us to another level. For the price we have to pay for him I would rather give his place to Willock/AMN/Other youngster.

In my opinion we should just buy players that really improve our team or that have the potential to become world class. Otherwise we have to go the developing our young players path. No other way back to top with our budget.

Think we just rate Ceballos differently. He's not shown it, but I think he can be a top cm. Not elite but one of the best in the league. He's two or three levels above Willock and a much better footballer than AMN.

He isn't going to lift us to another level, Aubameyang hasn't and he's one of the worlds best forwards. Ceballos does make our midfield better though and I feel him, plus Xhaka plus one more could give us a top 4 level midfield.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

I stand corrected. Grealish’s stats are really fantastic too. Didn’t realise he’s had such a fantastic season.

Still, Buendía and Alberto are clearly the more viable plays for us money-wise.

But just to say apologies to Grealish I see why the figures quoted for him are so high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom