• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Raya: King David

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

People are going way over the top, he's not put a foot wrong since the turn of the year. He like the rest of the team got sloppy at 3-0. He more than made up for it with his claiming for crosses.
What? You remember bayern at home? What now?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Annoying timing but every ball playing keeper makes a mistake like that a few times a season.

Thought his claiming of crosses was really good, also had some really good kicks that got us up the pitch and asked questions of defenders, one even led to what should have been a big chance if Nelli had his head screwed on.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Playing out from the back is fine but if you're 3-0 up and your opponents pretty much all but given up keep it simple instead of trying to be cute and invite them back in it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Earlier in the season I would have been absolutely livid right now (and he’s been very fortunate his errors haven’t actually cost us many points).

However, Raya has come leaps and bounds the last 2-3 months. Also, he relieved incredible amounts of pressure catching crosses which many keepers don’t do.

I’m disappointed in that mistake but I have more patience for him than I used to.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Vs Sp**s - **** up today. Awful positioning for a cross prior that thankfully White saves his bushes.

vs Villa - were he displayed horrid positioning and should have done better.

vs Hammer - awful positioning against Mavropanos goal.

vs Porto- Bosnich ripped into Raya for his awful positioning for this goal and that shouldn't be beaten from that distance.

vs Fulham - one soft goal, one goal he should never of let in and another goal where he flapped at a t set price causing the goal.

Far too many soft goals and Raya doesn't make the top quality saves that Ramsdale has the ability to do so and often.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Man tried a weak foot chip over 3 Sp**s players, ffs 🤣

I have come to terms with this just being what keepers are asked to do now, I don't like it but it is what it is...all them make errors like that.

Reaction is most important and he was perfect after it, claimed every cross superbly.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What? You remember bayern at home? What now?
That like today was a result of the instructions he’s having to follow.

I’m not saying he’s the best but he’s playing as a ball playing sweeper for the first time in his career. Let’s see if he learns from the Bayern mistake, also Gabriel could have played a more accurate pass or simply cleared it.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Stupid way to try and chip it with weaker foot when two players press you. He was good up to that point, good decision making on when to hoof it forward and when to play along. The brain fart was something else, tho.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Vs Sp**s - **** today

vs Villa - were he displayed horrid positioning and should have done better.

vs Hammer - awful positioning against Mavropanos goal.

vs Porto- Bosnich ripped into Raya for his awful positioning for this goal and that shouldn't be beaten from that distance.

vs Fulham - one soft goal, one goal he should never of let in and another goal where he flapped at a t set price causing the goal.

Far too many soft goals and Raya doesn't make the top quality saves that Ramsdale has the ability to do so and often.

Ramsdale is gone, mate. Arteta hates blondes.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We'll look back at that moment and be so grateful, what he's done may just win us the league.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That like today was a result of the instructions he’s having to follow.

I’m not saying he’s the best but he’s playing as a ball playing sweeper for the first time in his career. Let’s see if he learns from the Bayern mistake, also Gabriel could have played a more accurate pass or simply cleared it.
Gabriel panicked because his gk was standing next to him instead of behind him lol

Maybe im overreacting I just never liked him

His flaws are too glaring, a normal gk would do way better, defense is rock solid (tbf we’re playing 4 centrebacks and 2 CDM’s and very hardworking attack)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Raya and Arteta were all over each other at FT.

Obviously, Arteta wants him making risky passes like that, he's said it plenty of times. Arteta takes as much as the brunt if it doesn't come off. he even said so earlier in the season.

Thought this specific incident was too risky tho even for Raya, left foot basically trying to lob it to Partey (I assume that was his intended target)

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Overall a decent game marred by a horrendous mistake. Has these from time to time as well. Upgradable but he is Arteta's choice so only hope is that he gets better

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom