• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaza

Read the article on the Athletic and I'm surprised Marsh doesn't see the similarities between Szoboszlai and Hakan Calhanoglu. The Beckham comparison was interesting to say the least.
Anyways id take him if we're getting another creative midfielder(i.e Eriksen or Isco). We'll have to sell either one of Xhaka or Elneny for that to happen.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Right, and all of that is completely irrelevant because I'm talking about the development of young players, especially ones coming from a foreign league.

We have given many a player patience. I think where we have the problem is when we see how other players in similar circumstances develop at other clubs compared to ours.

Weve watched Saliba come in and play under 23 while his team mate starts for Leciester. We have had to wait 18 months with Pepe and to this day we cant say hes adapted and started performing yet. We dont expect a foreign purchase to start banging in hat tricks from the get go but we do expect something.

Because of our position if Szoboszlai was to sign we would need him to improve the team or squad relatively quickly. We arent in a position to wait 2 or 3 years. Not while we are mid table.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We have given many a player patience. I think where we have the problem is when we see how other players in similar circumstances develop at other clubs compared to ours.

Weve watched Saliba come in and play under 23 while his team mate starts for Leciester. We have had to wait 18 months with Pepe and to this day we cant say hes adapted and started performing yet. We dont expect a foreign purchase to start banging in hat tricks from the get go but we do expect something.

Because of our position if Szoboszlai was to sign we would need him to improve the team or squad relatively quickly. We arent in a position to wait 2 or 3 years. Not while we are mid table.

This is why I wouldn't be against maybe getting Eriksen on a short-term deal if Szoboszlai wasn't ready to hit the ground running immediately, but there's no doubting he's a top top talent who'd be worth it in the long run.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This is why I wouldn't be against maybe getting Eriksen on a short-term deal if Szoboszlai wasn't ready to hit the ground running immediately, but there's no doubting he's a top top talent who'd be worth it in the long run.

That's where I agree with you. There was talk that Inter would be willing to sell Eriksen for 10-12m. That for a 28 year old proven in the league is a no brainer. He wont be on huge wages either.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This guys miles in front of Smith Rowe that's why.
We dont know that.......and even if he is, he is not the profile we need. This would be like burnley buying a big strong player who is good in the air. More of the same. Just because a player is good doesnt meen he will improve you. Well run teams buy players based on profile we need. Its so obvious our flaws as a team and we should focus on looking for players who fit the profile we are missing. Not more of the same.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We dont know that.......and even if he is, he is not the profile we need. This would be like burnley buying a big strong player who is good in the air. More of the same. Just because a player is good doesnt meen he will improve you. Well run teams buy players based on profile we need. Its so obvious our flaws as a team and we should focus on looking for players who fit the profile we are missing. Not more of the same.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Doesn't even warrant a serious response.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm torn on this guy. I've watched all of his champions league games this season, and I have no idea where I would play him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Doesn't even warrant a serious response.

He does have a point tbh. We should be buying players to fit our system rather than just loading up the team with players similar to what Utd are doing. They signed VDB when they already had similar profiles to him in the squad. Liverpool signed Jota and he slotted in perfectly, I’m sure he was identified by their scouts as a like for like replacement for either Salah or Mane as he’s a very similar profile.

If we’re using the fee that would have been spent on Ceballos for Szoboszlai then I’m all for it as Ceballos isn’t really a game changer and I’d much rather gamble on Szoboszlai.

Zaza

I'm torn on this guy. I've watched all of his champions league games this season, and I have no idea where I would play him.
Someone on Twitter says he's a Pires type wide playmaker and I dunno...I mostly get the Hakan Calhanoglu vibes from him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

**** ball retention, we're in dire need of a player who offers something different, maybe a bit of chaos and variety. Someone who'll play that risky pass or who'll have a shot at the edge of the box. We're so predictable and lack real penetration.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Someone on Twitter says he's a Pires type wide playmaker and I dunno...I mostly get the Hakan Calhanoglu vibes from him.

I’d take a young Calhanoglu for 25M. There’s good resale value.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Are you using that to justify whether he’ll be the right profile for us? Pepe was getting similar numbers tbf in a better league.

Like I said I’m not against this deal as long as we address the position properly in the summer as I’m sure we won’t do so in January. If we’re getting Szoboszlai + another signing then I’m all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom