• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Oh so he shot at the goal three times when he could have been retaining possession? Useless. **** him, pass!

I wouldn’t be surprised that Austrian league is full of bums.

Just checked and he scored two penalties.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

18 assists and 12 goals last year, 8 goals and 9 assists already this year.

How is that not the profile we need?
mainly in the austrian league to the team dominating the league. You talking about stats and Im talking about player profile and how he will fit in to our team and how he is gonna improve our weakness. the creativity and technical deficiencies in our midfield. Also where will he play for us?

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
This guy and Eriksen would transfer the team into creative attacking unit. Let’s see if the club tries to get both deals across the line.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Are you using that to justify whether he’ll be the right profile for us? Pepe was getting similar numbers tbf in a better league.

Like I said I’m not against this deal as long as we address the position properly in the summer as I’m sure we won’t do so in January. If we’re getting Szoboszlai + another signing then I’m all for it.

Yeah but Pepe was absolutely everything we needed in a transfer then as well, we needed a pacey winger who can beat his man and provide goals and assists, he did all that.

We now need a creative midfielder who can score and assist, Szoboszlai does all that.

Being the right player doesn't mean they'll work out tho and based of what we know he's the right kind of profile.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

mainly in the austrian league to the team dominating the league. You talking about stats and Im talking about player profile and how he will fit in to our team and how he is gonna improve our weakness. the creativity and technical deficiencies in our midfield. Also where will he play for us?

We need creativity and from what we know of the player he does that, second behind Messi in chances created or something? I don't get why you think he's the wrong profile?

Also look at Bruno for example, was doing it in a rubbish league and came and did it in the Prem as well.

LG10

This guy is not just a goal scorer, he has a fantastic range of pass. Being underrated as well physically. Looks like an absolute world beater to me, we'll regret not going for him. Think I even take him over Aouar who I desperately wanted us to sign.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We need creativity and from what we know of the player he does that, second behind Messi in chances created or something? I don't get why you think he's the wrong profile?

Also look at Bruno for example, was doing it in a rubbish league and came and did it in the Prem as well.
Bruno did well in seria a before he went to sporting and that league is still way better than the farmer league this slow boy shines in

Zaza

**** ball retention, we're in dire need of a player who offers something different, maybe a bit of chaos and variety. Someone who'll play that risky pass or who'll have a shot at the edge of the box. We're so predictable and lack real penetration.
We have Pepe, Willian, Willock...all "chaotic" players. We need a bit of your Isco, Aouars, etc. Wenger was so great at getting this balance right attacking wise.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Someone on Twitter says he's a Pires type wide playmaker and I dunno...I mostly get the Hakan Calhanoglu vibes from him.

Not really sure why "similar to Hakan Çalhanoğlu" is raised as an argument to suggest he's no good. Çalhanoğlu was an end product machine for Milan last season.

Szoboszlai and Çalhanoğlu do have things in common, both in terms of strengths and weaknesses, but what Szoboszlai offers that Çalhanoğlu does not is his range of passing - and that right there is the reason why he makes sense as a purchase.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We have Pepe, Willian, Willock...all "chaotic" players. We need a bit of your Isco, Aouars, etc. Wenger was so great at getting this balance right attacking wise.

I dunno, Willian seems fairly predictable, Pepe you know what you're gonna get with him he looks to cut in and shoot. Willock I agree with but doesn't have the same qualities the Szoboszlai has. And it's with his movement as well, he also tries things, gets into central areas, gets into goal scoring positions. I guess he'd offer a lot of what we lost when Ramsey left, but Szoboszlai is a much more refined players technically and isn't really a B2B like Ramsey was. But it's more he offers a bit of variety and in key central areas. I think Willian, Saka, Nelson and Pepe are all more of your ball carrier types anyways, Szoboszlai offers more with his movement and with clever passes, he'll take risks which is what i mean by being chaotic. He's the type of player opposition find it extremely difficult to deal with.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I'm keen on Dominic, but this is an incredibly basic way of looking at it.

Much more to a player's profile than their raw goal / assist tallies.

well throw in all the stats you like everything points to what we need from a creative player.

say yes

forum master baiter
Stealing these images from different pieces the Athletic have done recently. They used slightly different variables in each graph (as they come from different articles), but I think these still say a lot about the respective players.

pizza_dominik_szoboszlai_LM_2019-20.png

pizza_houssem_aouar_2019-20-1.png

Neither is great defensively, although Dominic's height means he is useful aerially. Aouar is clearly the better player when it comes to possession, dribbling and build-up. Dominik is better at bursting into the box and has more end product.

For me the answer is simple. Sign both.

Dominic - Aouar
----- Partey -----

:drool:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not really sure why "similar to Hakan Çalhanoğlu" is raised as an argument to suggest he's no good. Çalhanoğlu was an end product machine for Milan last season.

Szoboszlai and Çalhanoğlu do have things in common, both in terms of strengths and weaknesses, but what Szoboszlai offers that Çalhanoğlu does not is his range of passing - and that right there is the reason why he makes sense as a purchase.
Hakan actually has a very good long ball

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Stealing these images from different pieces the Athletic have done recently. They used slightly different variables in each graph (as they come from different articles), but I think these still say a lot about the respective players.

pizza_dominik_szoboszlai_LM_2019-20.png

pizza_houssem_aouar_2019-20-1.png

Neither is great defensively, although Dominic's height means he is useful aerially. Aouar is clearly the better player when it comes to possession, dribbling and build-up. Dominik is better at bursting into the box and has more end product.

For me the answer is simple. Sign both.

Dominic - Aouar
----- Partey -----

:drool:
Neither is great defensively and it would be the biggest waste to make partey is for two players he is actually better player. But hey it’s always the big black guy who has to defend for the inferior white guys. This is why yaya escaped Spain and partey left atletico despite being their best midfielder

say yes

forum master baiter
well throw in all the stats you like everything points to what we need from a creative player.
It doesn't though? He's not a particularly progressive passer and a poor dribbler. Also legitimate question marks about his adaption given his age and the league he is coming from.

I still think it's a no-brainer at £25m given what he offers in and around the opposition box, but he's hardly Kevin de Bruyne.

Genuinely think our issue is as much the struggle to progress the ball and dominate possession, as it is the lack of end-product. So Aouar probably the better fit for me, particularly as he can excel deeper. As I've said though, a smart club signs both. Can't have too much attacking talent.

say yes

forum master baiter
Neither is great defensively and it would be the biggest waste to make partey is for two players he is actually better player. But hey it’s always the big black guy who has to defend for the inferior white guys. This is why yaya escaped Spain and partey left atletico despite being their best midfielder
What? :lol:

Partey is elite, but he hardly compares to these guys when it comes to creating chances and attacking output does he?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It doesn't though? He's not a particularly progressive passer and a poor dribbler. Also legitimate question marks about his adaption given his age and the league he is coming from.

I still think it's a no-brainer at £25m given what he offers in and around the opposition box, but he's hardly Kevin de Bruyne.

Genuinely think our issue is as much the struggle to progress the ball and dominate possession, as it is the lack of end-product. So Aouar probably the better fit for me, particularly as he can excel deeper. As I've said though, a smart club signs both. Can't have too much attacking talent.

Cba reading this sorry bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom