• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
The only good thing is that we can still use him and bin Lack-of-threat!

I want Nketiah to do well and he still has time to have a very successful career but right now he has an awful long way to go before he nails down a regular starting spot for a PL team. Let alone establishes himself as a fixture in our team.

While there are other facts involved, at the end of the day he was unable to displace Bamford. A bang average forward yet you think it is a good idea for him to replace our starting CF.

Your hatred for Lacazette really clouds your logic and judgement.

I want Nketiah to do well and he still has time to have a very successful career but right now he has an awful long way to go before he nails down a regular starting spot for a PL team. Let alone establishes himself as a fixture in our team.

While there are other facts involved, at the end of the day he was unable to displace Bamford. A bang average forward yet you think it is a good idea for him to replace our starting CF.

Your hatred for Lacazette really clouds your logic and judgement.

I don't hate Laca. One of my favorite player. Just think he should be playing for other team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nketiah should be going to Germany or Italy where poachers are thriving, he is just going to stumble his development by choosing another Championship team. He has some decent qualities but still needs a long way to develop into a EPL striker...

Championship is literally the worst place to be a young, fragile striker. Down there its all about brute strength, work-rate etc... Technique goes out the window, its all about the grind.

That’s such a misrepresentation of the Championship, there are plodder teams in every league but as shown by Norwich and Sheffield Utd last year, a lot of teams who play the right way will get rewarded.

Leeds was always a poor move, Bielsa is a very stubborn manager and Sp**s have found the same problems with Clarke on loan there who hasn’t featured. If you’re not going to be there long term he doesn’t seem to be bothered. Rumour was we sent him there because one of Vinai’s mates works there.

Got to be Brentford now, they play attacking football and need a striker desperately. Their depth there is very shallow.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That’s such a misrepresentation of the Championship, there are plodder teams in every league but as shown by Norwich and Sheffield Utd last year, a lot of teams who play the right way will get rewarded.

Leeds was always a poor move, Bielsa is a very stubborn manager and Sp**s have found the same problems with Clarke on loan there who hasn’t featured. If you’re not going to be there long term he doesn’t seem to be bothered. Rumour was we sent him there because one of Vinai’s mates works there.

Got to be Brentford now, they play attacking football and need a striker desperately. Their depth there is very shallow.
What about Bristol City?

I think we need to send him somewhere he is 100 percent gonna start almost all the time. Brentford doing really well, not sure they need him?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

You are right about Bielsa being a stubborn fella. Not sure about the bolded bit though. Helder Costa is on loan from Wolves. He too started on the bench but gradually through his performances forced his way into the starting 11. Now he starts every game and is vital player for them.

I think Bielsa is very specific from what he wants from his players. He can be hard to please in that sense. If you follow his instructions and produce the goods, like any other manager he will select you.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What about Bristol City?

I think we need to send him somewhere he is 100 percent gonna start almost all the time. Brentford doing really well, not sure they need him?
We need to loan him to a team that plays attacking football.
He needs to learn teamwork (drop deep to help outnumbering the midfield, and play one two passes, one touch pass, killer through ball)
He also needs to work on individual skills (to beat defenders using different techniques eg. step overs, and have better dribble and control of the ball)
If he wanted success here, he can’t be just a tap in merchant, doing nothing else.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We need to loan him to a team that plays attacking football.
He needs to learn teamwork (drop deep to help outnumbering the midfield, and play one two passes, one touch pass, killer through ball)
He also needs to work on individual skills (to beat defenders using different techniques eg. step overs, and have better dribble and control of the ball)
If he wanted success here, he can’t be just a tap in merchant, doing nothing else.
He cant learn all those things well enough if he is not playing. He needs to play. And often.

Too many times we loan players to teams that not only do not play attacking football but dont even play them. The first thing we need to be wary of is will they play. That's the first bit. Then we can worry about style. Not saying you're wrong, but he must start matches. If the point is for him to get experienced enough to play for us, he cant go out and not play.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What about Bristol City?

Brentford is an interesting one because while they are indeed flying, they could still in need of a striker.

After they sold Maupay on the deadline, they picked up Karelis on a free but he’s f*cked his knee and is out until around the end of the season.

Ollie Watkins has moved to centre forward and has been banging the goals in at a ridiculous rate, their supposed BMW of Benrahma, Mbuemo and Watkins has shredded the Championship in recent months so yeah at the minute I think it’s unlikely he gets a lot more game time than at Leeds although if Brentford want to go up they need depth badly although don’t rule out Benrahma moving centrally and Watkins going back on the left with Eddie as the 9. Still though it’s a tad unlikely.

The reason I’m backing Brentford is a bit of a long shot but recently there have been a fair few rumours that have been saying West Ham and Palace are going after Watkins, which would leave a giant vacuum in a team chasing promotion.

Eddie’s a similar type of player to Watkins, just not as well built or as tall so the prospect of him linking up with the creativity of Mbeumo and Benrahma is mouthwatering.

As things stand right now you’re probably right in that Brentford won’t give him a lot more game time but watch this space.

As for the others I’d actually give Wednesday a shot as well as Bristol City, they play two up top most games, have a decent Championship level playmaker in Barry Bannan and I think Nketiah would fit well if he does get partnered with Steven Fletcher. They also look to play possession football under Garry Monk.

Bristol City when I’ve seen them lately have looked very, very ropey. Constantly giving up big chances and seem to always be on the back foot. My fear would be that he goes there and struggles for service.

You are right about Bielsa being a stubborn fella. Not sure about the bolded bit though. Helder Costa is on loan from Wolves. He too started on the bench but gradually through his performances forced his way into the starting 11. Now he starts every game and is vital player for them.

I think Bielsa is very specific from what he wants from his players. He can be hard to please in that sense. If you follow his instructions and produce the goods, like any other manager he will select you.

Costa is moving permanently at the end of the season, think he’s already signed his contract. I think Sp**s have recalled Clarke for the same reasons we have with Nketiah.

nick gould

Does Nketiah score goals from outside the 18 area? I know his hold up play is pretty decent and that he is a tap in king. But I don't blame for struggling to be a regular in that team. That's a pretty decent team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I was about to come in here and say something like “if he can’t get minutes at a championship club then he definitely won’t make it here” but having seen Leeds play and knowing how important promotion is I’ll allow him an unsuccessful loan spell there.

I do think we need to be realistic with the next loan if it doesn’t work out though. I remember people thinking Wilshere could still make it here when he was getting benched for Bournemouth.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I was about to come in here and say something like “if he can’t get minutes at a championship club then he definitely won’t make it here” but having seen Leeds play and knowing how important promotion is I’ll allow him an unsuccessful loan spell there.

I do think we need to be realistic with the next loan if it doesn’t work out though. I remember people thinking Wilshere could still make it here when he was getting benched for Bournemouth.
In fairness to Nketiah, he really wasnt bad there at all but Bamford does everything Bielsa needs him to do and he has actually been performing quite well over the season. Nketiah just needs games. Lots of games.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

In fairness to Nketiah, he really wasnt bad there at all but Bamford does everything Bielsa needs him to do and he has actually been performing quite well over the season. Nketiah just needs games. Lots of games.
Yeah that’s why I’m giving a pass. Leeds looked fair value for a mid table PL team there and Nketiah just wouldn’t have the all around game of an experienced striker like Bamford.

Couple that with a high stakes promotion race and I can understand why he’s not getting minutes.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Does Nketiah score goals from outside the 18 area? I know his hold up play is pretty decent and that he is a tap in king. But I don't blame for struggling to be a regular in that team. That's a pretty decent team.
Nketiah is nothing more than a tap in merchant. A top tap in merchant at best.
Why do you think his hold up play is good?

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Nketiah is nothing more than a tap in merchant. A top tap in merchant at best.
Why do you think his hold up play is good?

Lol what a ridiculous post. Even if true, goals win games. I like him the most out of all our youngsters in his age bracket.

Besides let's give man a chance before slating him at age 20. Ian Wright was playing for Greenwich Borough until 22.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He's only made 7 first team appearances in over two years, that's all I know about him.
International youth appearances was more than that.

But regardless of how many senior games he played, a talent is a talent.

Messi before making his first senior game is a better player than many players who already played hundreds of games at their club.

Messi at 23 is the best player in football, who have the skills to dribble past 4 players at a time.
Messi at 27, won more trophies, more awards, played more games, more international caps, is the best player in football, who can dribble past 4 players at a time.

Same ability at 23 and at 27 but people value him higher at 27 because he played more games.

When you analyse a player, what important is to identify his talent, not how many games he has played.

Now back to the video, can Nketiah become that good?

Last edited:

Santi's Left Foot

But regardless of how many senior games he has played, a talent is a talent.

Messi before making his first senior game is a better player than many players who played hundreds of games at their club.

Not sure what this all has to do with Nketiah but ok. To say he is just a tap in merchant and not therefore not a talent is baffling. I haven't seen anything in his hold up/general play that suggests it looks worrying.

Fans of clubs literally begging us to give him out on loan.

Last edited:

Santi's Left Foot

But regardless of how many senior games he played, a talent is a talent.

Messi before making his first senior game is a better player than many players who already played hundreds of games at their club.

Messi at 23 is the best player in football, who have the skills to dribble past 4 players at a time.
Messi at 27, won more trophies, more awards, played more games, more international caps, is the best player in football, who can dribble past 4 players at a time.

Same ability at 23 and at 27 but people value him higher at 27 because he played more games.

When you analyse a player, what important is to identify his talent, not how many games he has played.

Now back to the video, can Nketiah become that good?

Become as good as Messi?? Let's hope so :lol::lol::lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Become as good as Messi?? Let's hope so :lol::lol::lol:
What I was trying to say is the number of game played doesn’t matter when judging a young player. We should judge from their ability. If he has the ability, he is a good player.

I did say back to the video, of course I am referring to when can Nketiah can become as good as Gouiri, who is the one in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom