• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

GoonerBoy19

He loves Arsenal, he bleeds red and white zzzzzzzzz

Imagine believing and eating up these buzzwords they put out in some meaningless PR video. Bet you thought the same **** for Ashley and RvP. If he doesn't get what he wants, he'll be gone in a flash.

True, After Cesc and Van Persie's saga I have thrown loyalty viewpoint in the dustbin. Its all business and
numbers for both club and the players.

Zaza

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. Either he comes out and squashes these rumors or we sell. Palace are about to snatch Olise for 8m. Olise probably has the same ceiling or even higher. He's definitely not irreplaceable. I have a feeling Villa are pushing for him as Grealish's replacement.

neimad

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. Either he comes out and squashes these rumors or we sell. Palace are about to snatch Olise for 8m. Olise probably has the same ceiling or even higher. He's definitely not irreplaceable. I have a feeling Villa are pushing for him as Grealish's replacement.

He won't squash any rumours while he's negotiating a new contract. Villa are being encouraged by his team to keep bidding. They want to see what will come of it. Probably hoping that Arsenal raise his terms to what they'd feel is adequate/more than adequate or the Villa offer might prove too good to turn down to them.

I do agree with you that I think he's Grealish's replacement in the main. They won't sell Jack unless they have a replacement sorted first. Southgate seems to be doing his best to put any potential suitor off Jack if last night is anything to go by:lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

The Olise case is odd in any way.
All big clubs should look to get him in, 8m is peanuts and even if he was to turn out badly for 1-2 seasons, at least one English club would still assume he's still getting there and pay that 8m to have him develop.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
All big clubs should look to get him in, 8m is peanuts and even if he was to turn out badly for 1-2 seasons, at least one English club would still assume he's still getting there and pay that 8m to have him develop.
Youd think a bigger club would sign him, loan him out for 1 or 2 years. Doesn't make sense to miss this opportunity when there's a good chance he will go for 30-40m in 3 years time.

Eze was brilliant for Palace last season and that was a horrible Palace side.

I don't see what the big clubs have to lose.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Thing is most bigger clubs don't really "need" him. City is stacked with offensive players so much that some are apparently looking to leave. Chelsea got Mount, Havertz and Ziyech. United got Fernandes who's playing every game and just extended Mata. Liverpool don't use 10s. The only clubs I can see in for him are Leicester and Arsenal - and the former just spent 50m already while Arsenal weren't interested cause there's ESR, Willian and apparent interest in Ødegaard.

I reckon it's a good move for him, he's only 19 and will get plenty of game time. Not sure about Vieira as their coach - Favre would've been a far more interesting appointment - but with him, Mateta, Zaha and Eze they've got a rather exciting frontline.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Thing is most bigger clubs don't really "need" him. City is stacked with offensive players so much that some are apparently looking to leave. Chelsea got Mount, Havertz and Ziyech. United got Fernandes who's playing every game and just extended Mata. Liverpool don't use 10s. The only clubs I can see in for him are Leicester and Arsenal - and the former just spent 50m already while Arsenal weren't interested cause there's ESR, Willian and apparent interest in Ødegaard.

I reckon it's a good move for him, he's only 19 and will get plenty of game time. Not sure about Vieira as their coach - Favre would've been a far more interesting appointment - but with him, Mateta, Zaha and Eze they've got a rather exciting frontline.

Would love to see Vieira do well with Palace. He comes across really well whenever he's doing TV work and is building up some good experience across different leagues now as well. His exec role at City, then a successful stint in the MLS, a mixed time in France and then the Premier League.

LG10

If he leaves I’m done with football. Our kids are the only good thing about the club. Can’t be true though

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Good point, but I'd say there's always room for worldclass talent and Willian should be kicked out the door.
Ødegaard is off.

Agree for the other clubs, it's mostly us and Sp**s.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I don't think there is anything in this but this is the risk you take when you introduce young players to first team football. The hungry ones don't want to be replaced the following summer.

Jack badmon

Tbf I was certain Balogun was gone. Maybe there’s something about this pain which is soothing but there’s nothing to worry about. No major news outlets are even bothering with the story which says a lot.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Olise has the benefit of experience as well as talent but ultimately we are pretty stacked in those positions for young talent coming through. I would have loved Olise but I'm quite happy to see him at Palace where he can build his stock at a decent club, while we stick with ESR and perhaps put some time into another up-and-comer (i.e. Taylor-Hart signing a new deal, Hutchinson maybe?).

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Can't believe that we might lose him to Villa but it is what it is. If he doesnt sign a new contract then he has to be sold. Enough of this sh1t with players entering the last year of their contract and us getting peanuts for it. If he want to go then lets get the most we can. I still believe his agent is having a blinder working up the best possible contract he can for his client.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can't believe that we might lose him to Villa but it is what it is. If he doesnt sign a new contract then he has to be sold. Enough of this sh1t with players entering the last year of their contract and us getting peanuts for it. If he want to go then lets get the most we can. I still believe his agent is having a blinder working up the best possible contract he can for his client.
He’s a good prospect but he’s not exactly Mbappe. This is all posturing but if he does go then you sign Olise for less money and I don’t think you’re any worse off tbh.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He’s a good prospect but he’s not exactly Mbappe. This is all posturing but if he does go then you sign Olise for less money and I don’t think you’re any worse off tbh.
I have no idea who Olise is but I'm happy to accept your view. Its not just about losing a player here. If he does go what would really hurt is the fact that an academy player who has broken into the first team and done well feels that Villa is a better choice for him. I mean losing players to Barca and Utd is one thing but losing a player to Villa? How is that possible?

The other annoying bit is that for the first time in a very long while we have a group of youngsters who are genuinely talented and capable of turning into top class players. Martinelli, Saka and ESR are incredible young talents and then we have Kierney, Saliba (if Arteta doesnt cancel him), Willock and maybe Balogun. That is a core you can build your team around like Fergie did with the class of 92. You can't do that when you are losing your young talents to Villa.

Pyres7

I know we're not in our best period, but why would any Arsenal player want to join Villa? It's a huge downgrade.
I don't think he will join them, but I can think of a few reasons why he would:
  • If they're offering significantly higher wages than us
  • If they're promising him playing time as a #10. Arteta obviously has no intention of playing him there - last season we played a loaned Ødegaard there instead of him, and we've gone for Buendia, Maddison, Ødegaard this window
  • He doesn't feel valued by Arteta because of the above, and has fallen for Villa's sweet talk about how they're gonna make him the main man and build the team around him (after Grealish goes).
Pretty sure both ESR and his agent are just trying to push us for more money though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think he will join them, but I can think of a few reasons why he would:
  • If they're offering significantly higher wages than us
  • If they're promising him playing time as a #10. Arteta obviously has no intention of playing him there - last season we played a loaned Ødegaard there instead of him, and we've gone for Buendia, Maddison, Ødegaard this window
  • He doesn't feel valued by Arteta because of the above, and has fallen for Villa's sweet talk about how they're gonna make him the main man and build the team around him (after Grealish goes).
Pretty sure both ESR and his agent are just trying to push us for more money though.
Plus, Villa have owners who are investing heavily. They're very much on the up.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom