• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Cup: Arsenal vs Napoli | 03/08/13 | 16:20, BT Sport

Cruisio

Established Member
Chappers...c'mon :D

Firstly, the 11 men behind the ball thing needs to stop as a reason as to why we didn't play well. It's the best tactic to use against us and Napoli didn't play defensively, they played on the counter, a tactic pretty much every top side plays against us now because it's easy, the fact that this tactic hasn't been addressed and that it was easy for Napoli to walk through our midfield in the first half IS worrying, anyone that doesn't think so has their head in the sand

It's the same story we've seen for far too long. We only get our finger out when the chips are down and that isn't going to be enough to ever push us forward. That's a managerial issue and one that should have been rectified quite some time ago

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is good that we have shown the fighting spirit and claw ourselves back in the match, but we clearly need improvements.

Right now we are completely dependent on the defense for just about everything. We need them to have clean sheets and to score from set pieces.

Our attack looks completely inept, and Ramsey and Wilshere look to be an awful partnership in midfield. Neither one sits back in front of the defense, and we are left completely exposed far too often because of this.

We really need Suarez and hopefully we sign someone like Ginter or Luiz Gustavo to add depth to the midfield and defense.

Kos is such a boss. He could easily be the best defender in the EPL.

mo50

Established Member
Podolski just gets worse and worse. The guy seems to have no life in him at all. What the **** happened to him.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Chappers said:
outlaw_member said:
We can only score from set pieces.

Plz stop posting your miserable bs.

Good fight-back and response. Wilshere-Ramsey midfield is a disaster and I'm worried about Wilshere if he can't improve his defensive game.

Napoli didn't create anything really but the story of the first half was individual mistakes and poor organisation. Another example of Arteta's importance and the need for another signing in central midfield.

Kos was boss and well deserved the equaliser. A good reminder for AW about the problems of this team but overall a decent match.

We only managed to score from set pieces, whilst offering nada from open play.

You said it yourself, today was a reminder of the problems this team has. Which is exactly the ****ing issue. That our problems are still evident going into the new season, and they look far from being rectified. Nothing has changed from last season.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Some ott criticism imo. Overall we didn't play badly but we do need a DM badly. My takings:

- Wilshere, Ramsey didn't work, we need a DM, had we had one sit on Hamsik they'd have struggled to make anything in that game.

- Our finishing was poor, Podolski should have scored from one of three chances then disappeared in the second half, Giroud didn't look good and didn't look like getting on the end of any of a few good crosses.

- Koscielny is a monster.

- The first half setup wasn't good, too many passers in the side, Gnabry coming inside, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky all lacking end product. Podolski and Giroud were hardly going to be the cutting edge.

- Fabianski's still liable to a brain fart once in a while.

- Second half setup was better, Sagna could offer something this year, we need pace in at least one position when we line up.

So overall it was what we knew. We need a DM and striker and we've got a really solid side. Don't see why people are so surprised by that. Suarez would solve our lack of incision without Santi and Giroud's wastefulness, a DM would fix our issues without Arteta. Get it done Wenger!

Buhry

Established Member

I seriously hope we are looking at another left winger. Podolski should be backup, he goes completely missing every time we play a good team.

Both Podolski and Giroud should be backup, their all round play is not good enough. Whenever we come up against teams with decent defences it's painful to watch, our forwards don't have enough skill or creativity to get past good defences.

Podolski is a poacher with a decent cross that's being played on the wing, kinda like Theo but not as dangerous. Those 2 at the same time plus Giroud in the middle is a recipe for not creating many chances from open play.

We need someone else that can do something ala what Cazorla does, having another player with ala him with some creativity and flair on the left would give our attack a huge boost imo. Obviously Suarez in the middle over Giroud would be another big improvement but the left is another problem area as well assuming Cazorla plays in the centre.

Cazorla on the left with Rosicky in the middle is obviously an option but the problem with Rosciky is he doesn't score goals and he doesn't really get many assists either.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Am afraid if Arteta got injured and Wenger refuse to spend money on midfield we will struggle if you see the first half our midfield was so open cuz Ramsey and Wilshere can't work together both players go forward and leave or our midfield open while if Arteta play there he will stay behind and defend.

Midfielder Striker and Defender must buy wenger don't be stubborn please.

Chappers

musicmonkey said:
Some ott criticism imo. Overall we didn't play badly but we do need a DM badly. My takings:

- Wilshere, Ramsey didn't work, we need a DM, had we had one sit on Hamsik they'd have struggled to make anything in that game.

- Our finishing was poor, Podolski should have scored from one of three chances then disappeared in the second half, Giroud didn't look good and didn't look like getting on the end of any of a few good crosses.

- Koscielny is a monster.

- The first half setup wasn't good, too many passers in the side, Gnabry coming inside, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky all lacking end product. Podolski and Giroud were hardly going to be the cutting edge.

- Fabianski's still liable to a brain fart once in a while.

- Second half setup was better, Sagna could offer something this year, we need pace in at least one position when we line up.

So overall it was what we knew. We need a DM and striker and we've got a really solid side. Don't see why people are so surprised by that. Suarez would solve our lack of incision without Santi and Giroud's wastefulness, a DM would fix our issues without Arteta. Get it done Wenger!

Great post, mate!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sydney Gooner said:
Koscielny may very well be our best player or at leat our most in form.

Him and Kompany in the same team could be really scary partnership, I'm still hoping Verms back to his best but sadly looks like he will not.

Mobb Starr

The better Kos gets the more likely he will draw the attention of a Bayern or Barca bid. Then we will get another summer where we will lose our best player without a credible replacement

blaze_of_glory

FFS why lament what could maybe happen?

"oh no our player is too good, can't have that."

****ing stupid. Sorry, but its a ridiculous attitude to have.

baccy_man

Established Member
I didn't see all of the game but what i did see we were getting tight in the midfield and could have done with more width to our play and that would have given us more room around the box,
from being 2-0 down we did well to get the draw and we had some of the youngsters playing aswell good experience for them.

Giroud

Established Member
Our forwards are just not good enough and static as hell. Watching a player with Giroud's technical ability fight it out with three or four Napoli defenders was never going to end well. A threat out wide who didn't constantly look for the ball inside would really open the pitch up because we really made it easy for them to pack the middle of the park.

arshy9

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6psU8Fp7c6g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6psU8Fp7c6g</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The post match interview.

Arsène looks confident when asked about Suarez & transfers overall.
Sanogo will play tomorrow .

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom