• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal FC vs Man. City FC - Mon. Dec. 21st, 8:00pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's funny how confidence radiates both on his on and off field performances - no way he'd be speaking English in a live interview even last season.

What were Theo and Mesut mumbling to each other at the end there? Sounded unintelligible :lol:

General

Established Member
I hate when people say that. They are our only real rivals for the title at the moment and we should take them seriously.

As romantic as it is for them to be top of the league, it will take a miracle for Leicester to finish in the top 4. They are playing even ****tier than us and somehow nicking wins. Ranieri wants to get to 40points quick because he knows once they hit a bad patch it's game over. We've seen it with Swansea and Southampton how these teams can go on a horrible run of form for a several games and Leicester are no different. They are punching way above their weight.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Yeah, word!. Mertesacker was my MoM tonight (see ratings above ;)). Makes me sad to hear even lots of Arsenal supporters saying he's past it when he's clearly bossing it still. Ahead of every game they keep saying that Per is going to get exposed as a slow, ponderous, used-to-be-if-he-ever-was defender who's lost his Mojo. But that never ****ing happens does it?

Again i say: most ppl got no clue what they talking about. It reminds me of religion where billions of ppl are into it and talking like they invented it, but they don't even understand what is going on or why they do it.
They play football video games and watch stupid shows on the mass media and therefore become experts who think they can make better decisions as Wenger - oh my dear.

Just think about how often ppl on here look down on liverpool or ManU fans when some of them write ridiculous stuff on the internet - but then read the stuff posted on here and compare it to that -.-...

Aevi

Hale End FC
Not all the time mate. It's a good atmosphere when we play these big games but play a team like Norwich on a cold February day and it's dire you could hear people talking 4 rows in front of you.

Champions League nights, Forget it you can't even stand up without a steward shouting at you to sit down.
Sure, I can see that. Big games though, noone is sitting down. Not one person.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Carra talking pure bollocks. He clearly thinks we're playing to our potential when we're obviously not. If we were playing to our potential we'd be walking this league with the way everyone else has been playing.

And who are these teams that will strengthen significantly over one season and all of the sudden overtake us? Man United, Liverpool? Tottenham? :lol: Please...

Only City has a better squad than us and Chelsea has a better first XI when all firing - At worst we're still challenging for the title easily next season and the year after and the year after that.

General

Established Member
The atmosphere at the Emirates is shyte for the most part unless it's a big game. If you want to enjoy a bit of banter, find a seat near redaction (6). You get better atmosphere inside the Pins even during home games :lol:

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
Overall very pleasing. Özil is a legend playing like that when ill. Ramsey needs to be less sloppy, get the basics right first son, your fancy moves won't cover it.

Campbell is really cementing that spot. His work rate alone is enough right now. Bellerin was back to his best today, made a number of great interceptions.

Wenger made a great call to stick Flamini on Silva. Nerfed them proper with Aguero not sharp.

General

Established Member
Carra talking pure bollocks. He clearly thinks we're playing to our potential when we're obviously not. If we were playing to our potential we'd be walking this league with the way everyone else has been playing.

And who are these teams that will strengthen significantly over one season and all of the sudden overtake us? Man United, Liverpool? Tottenham? :lol: Please...

Only City has a better squad than us and Chelsea has a better first XI when all firing - At worst we're still challenging for the title easily next season and the year after and the year after that.

He needs electrocution lessons the fecking car thief.

TriniGunner

That game was just something else. Guys, if you haven't been to the Emirates, you need to. It is nothing like watching the game on TV, the atmosphere is vibrant, everyone chants, emotions run wild and you let your heart out. Magical.

Being there, it was clear. Nacho Monreal is criminally underrated even by us. Even by the most avid admirers on this forum. He was incredible.

We scraped by this game really, ironic how we scored to chances from nothing but had two clear-cut one-on-one moments that we threw away.

I like when folks underrate our players. It makes it easier for them to perform without the added pressure. That being said, Ramsey need to find his 13/14 scoring boots. I hate seeing is miss that many chances.

adpree

As romantic as it is for them to be top of the league, it will take a miracle for Leicester to finish in the top 4. They are playing even ****tier than us and somehow nicking wins. Ranieri wants to get to 40points quick because he knows once they hit a bad patch it's game over. We've seen it with Swansea and Southampton how these teams can go on a horrible run of form for a several games and Leicester are no different. They are punching way above their weight.

The are playing pool and city back to back within the fortnight, think thats where we can establish if they are genuine rivals or punching above their weight big time. I would not underestimate them, they have gone on a pretty amazing run since we clobbered them earlier.

We seem to be making a habit of winning when we need it the most. I like this new more pragmatic Wengerball.

I missed the game because I was travelling on ship with no internet or nothing, back to my hometown!

Glad to see we won! Glad to see Walcott score, if we are going to make an attempt for the league it is vital to keep Özil and Walcott on form.

GabeGooner

It's amazing how Arsenal can make it look easy for 80 minutes, let our fans fall into a state of relaxation, then suddenly throw it all out of the window for the last 10 minutes and have us suffer a nervous breakdown until the final whistle.

That said, apart from the last 10 minutes (+ 4 minutes stoppage time) of palpitations, it was a performance that showed we can go all the way to the title. I had massive reservations once we lost Coquelin, but fair play to the players who've stepped into the team, we've held on through the worst possible situation; and once we get everyone back we should be able to gain enough momentum to steam home as Champions.

You would hope, anyway...

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It's amazing how Arsenal can make it look easy for 80 minutes, let our fans fall into a state of relaxation, then suddenly throw it all out of the window for the last 10 minutes and have us suffer a nervous breakdown until the final whistle.

So true.
I screamed like crazy on that Giroud tackle. I thought that was a penalty and no way Yaya would miss.

GabeGooner

So true.
I screamed like crazy on that Giroud tackle. I thought that was a penalty and no way Yaya would miss.
They had a few chances at the end of the game, too. Before the goal I was thinking how easy it had been and what a transformation we've gone through as a team – flashbacks to how comfortable it used to feel when we had the Invincibles. In the end it was just sheer relief when the final whistle went. #sameoldarsenal

Malky

Established Member
Fair play to Flamini, did a job on Silva tonight and shut out City's biggest threat.
Pisses me off slightly but I found myself agreeing with Carra, what he said about Yaya was bang on the money! Bloody ridiculous the way the commentators were all over his " running the game for the past 20mins " "unplayable when hes in this mood".... besides a stunner of a goal he hardly done anything exceptional, a few passes and a couple runs at goal, but if that was Özil who done nothing, no effort or desire for 70 odd mins and decides to put in some effort when the teams 2-0 down, he would of been crucified by the commentators, pundits, media etc.
Pep takes over City in the summer and Yaya will be one of the first out the door.

FreeGlennHelder

That game was just something else. Guys, if you haven't been to the Emirates, you need to. It is nothing like watching the game on TV, the atmosphere is vibrant, everyone chants, emotions run wild and you let your heart out. Magical.

Being there, it was clear. Nacho Monreal is criminally underrated even by us. Even by the most avid admirers on this forum. He was incredible.

We scraped by this game really, ironic how we scored to chances from nothing but had two clear-cut one-on-one moments that we threw away.
Err....I'm fairly sure the atmosphere you have described is not the norm!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom