• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Aston Villa - 15/5/16, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast

Established Member
Since this game is as close to a guaranteed win as you'll ever see, maybe Chambers can finally get a start?

Aevi

Hale End FC
We need to play Chambers, Campbell, Willock, Wilshere, and Iwobi. It's Aston Villa and our last game ffs, it's time we play around with some fun options. I can't be damned with the result anyways, just want to be entertained.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
First Wednesday Everton have to get a result away Sunderland, otherwise Toon will be relegated. Don't expect anything from Toon, but we should win our match nevertheless.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We need to play Chambers, Campbell, Willock, Wilshere, and Iwobi. It's Aston Villa and our last game ffs, it's time we play around with some fun options. I can't be damned with the result anyways, just want to be entertained.
You do realise that if results do not go our way and we stuff it up then we have a chance to finish 5th behind United and City. We will be royally Effed then!

Aevi

Hale End FC
You do realise that if results do not go our way and we stuff it up then we have a chance to finish 5th behind United and City. We will be royally Effed then!
Those players aren't much of downgrades, if Wenger can't win a game with them then he really is a **** tactician.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Those players aren't much of downgrades, if Wenger can't win a game with them then he really is a **** tactician.
Regardless, are you willing to take that chance? I am not and I highly doubt AW is either. For all his flaws etc he isn't that much of an idiot. We failed to win the league, failing to qualify for UCL would have a devastating effect on our club, both fans and staff. Sanchez and Özil already look like they want to jump ship for a lack of trophies. We're already at least two players short going into the summer. Lose this game and we are asking for trouble. Full strength team to grab a solid 3-0 win and send them all on summer with a stern message "stay fit or f**"* off". And we go again.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Regardless, are you willing to take that chance? I am not and I highly doubt AW is either. For all his flaws etc he isn't that much of an idiot. We failed to win the league, failing to qualify for UCL would have a devastating effect on our club, both fans and staff. Sanchez and Özil already look like they want to jump ship for a lack of trophies. We're already at least two players short going into the summer. Lose this game and we are asking for trouble. Full strength team to grab a solid 3-0 win and send them all on summer with a stern message "stay fit or f**"* off". And we go again.
Well of course, being in a very tough spot with the fans, he's going to put everything into this. Losing would mean some heavy criticism is coming his way. I'd personally prefer to see something new though, I'm tired of seeing the same old players with the same old mediocre performance.

OG J0E

Newcastle-Sp**s is a much more important game than this one tbh. Any TV channels do around-the-grounds type coverage? Where they flick between games as goals go in.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Sky does for the important games.

It depends if everything is wrapped up in mid-week. If Everton and Man United get a win then you'd have to believe that Man United/Bournemouth, Newcastle/Tottenham, Watford/Sunderland would all get preference.

But if WestHam and Sunderland win in the midweek we're basically going to the most final day in recent years.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Well of course, being in a very tough spot with the fans, he's going to put everything into this. Losing would mean some heavy criticism is coming his way. I'd personally prefer to see something new though, I'm tired of seeing the same old players with the same old mediocre performance.
Fair enough, that is what you'd like. I just think that Willock, Chambers and some of the other young guns will get their chance when and if they are good enough. I can't and won't justify potentially leaving our UCL chances in the balance just for a little entertainment. I too am bored to death with out players and style of play but I think you deeply under estimate the step up needed from youth level to the first team. Villa are rubbish but make no mistake our kids will get slaughtered.

Keep in mind, Iwobi, who has been awesome so far and a real positive for the season, struggles after the 60 minute mark. Granted all players will have different engines but I think the manager has done well to limit the number of young guns being baptised in fire 'just for entertainment'.

Kyleb5000

Hey all,

I'm organising a bus crawl to Emirates Stadium for Sunday's match. I'm hoping to get a solid group of fans together that are interested in meeting, having a few pints and watching the game. Tickets are just £15 and there are 70 spots available. Any proceeds are going towards drinks for the ride (The bus is 700, so 10 a person plus 5 per person for bus beers). Link below.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bus-to-emirates-arsenal-v-aston-villa-tickets-25317894504

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
This is a must win game for us and I expect the boys to be up for it along with the crowd. Sp**s to F it up against Newcastle with them doing us the favor and doing themselves the favor of staying up.

Team I want to see:

Cech
Bellerin Kosc Gab Monreal
Coquelin Wilshere
Özil
Campbell Theo Alexis​

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Praying for...
-----------Ospina
Flamini-Per- Gabriel-Gibbs
------Arteta-Ramsey
---------Rosicky
Theo--------------Campbell
-----------Giroud

With the Emirates faithful seeing the last of everyone in this starting XI in an Arsenal shirt.

One big farewell to the lot of them complete with a post match team selfie.

hungtrumno

Just need a draw and we will secure 3rd place. But, really, 69 points this season is an absolute failure. Last season we finished 3rd with 75 points and we considered it already a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom