• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL| Arsenal v Blackburn Rovers (H), 2/4, 17.30, ESPN

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
qs said:
Our tactics and formation didn't cost us the game today, our mentality and lack of a proper goal scorer did.

I agree but i feel all the teams are now understand the way we playing we must change the formation at some games

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
qs said:
Our tactics and formation didn't cost us the game today, our mentality and lack of a proper goal scorer did.

This.

To see Clichy, Wilshere and even Van Persie get the ball with opposition forward and STOP was so heartbreaking to see.

No urgency or desire to take charge at all. I was explaining to a fellow supporter I was watching the game with how direct and better Blackburn were with their attacks. Decisive movement on and off the ball, as opposed to us and our dynamic decision making.

Emma Lusa

This was a match against the team with the worst away goals conceded in the PL with 39 in 15 games, we made them look like quality defenders. AW is now being found out tactically every week. We have such limited options in the final third that even the WORST team in the premier league keeps a clean sheet. Forget the title, if we don't start winning soon we will be looking over our shoulders.

Goonereagle

I love RVP like a chocolate, but I do think we need an explosive striker upfront. Someone who can go past a player or two and go for goal. With RVP things have to be right, the right pass and movement.

It's what has made Wenger's sides great. We need pace and power again; a real threat. RVP is top quality, but he's in-between a striker and a creater type. Not a pure greedy goalscorin' s.o.b.

Invincible

Established Member
I agree we need a striker look at Man United with their options: Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez. Sorry but their strike force pisses all over ours.

Chelsea as well with Drogba, Torres and Anelka.

For me Chamakh has been very disappointing. It's actually dawned on me today that he's very very average, perhaps even below average. Terrible striker.

mo50

Established Member
Go 4-4-2 when teams park the bus like Blackburn. Can anyone tell me what Song offers when a team doesn't even attack us?

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Invincible said:
For me Chamakh has been very disappointing. It's actually dawned on me today that he's very very average, perhaps even below average. Terrible striker.
I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a "terrible' striker, but it's certainly occurred to me lately that he's way off the pace. I don't remember him looking this bad at the start of the season. In fact, I was quite impressed with him. Maybe he really is exhausted like Arsène says. Or maybe he's struggling for momentum now that he plays more rarely.

Either way, the form he's shown since December simply isn't good enough.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ron Burgundy said:
Invincible said:
I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a "terrible' striker, but it's certainly occurred to me lately that he's way off the pace. I don't remember him looking this bad at the start of the season. In fact, I was quite impressed with him. Maybe he really is exhausted like Arsène says. Or maybe he's struggling for momentum now that he plays more rarely.

Either way, the form he's shown since December simply isn't good enough.

One thing I have seen alter in Chamakh's game is insistence on taking less responsibility in the box, looking back to his Bordeaux days. His desire to want to pass or lay off balls in the box is just astounding, and Im not sure if this is a case of his low self belief as a result of playing time, or whether he has been changed to play this role at Arsenal.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
One thing I have seen alter in Chamakh's game is insistence on taking less responsibility in the box, looking back to his Bordeaux days. His desire to want to pass or lay off balls in the box is just astounding, and Im not sure if this is a case of his low self belief as a result of playing time, or whether he has been changed to play this role at Arsenal.
He's like the opposite of Javier Hernandez. :?

Humble Rex

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
qs said:

That also contributed to our draw, but the failure to break down a stubborn defence is nothing new. We've lacked a proper plan against it for ages, and the only solution we ever offer is to stick every striker in the box and hope they can nick a goal.

Why on earth did the manager take off Arshavin then? He looked the liveliest player out there by a country mile, apart from some flashes from Theo. Arshavin is one of our best, if not THE best, at beating his man and create something. And Wenger takes him off when we need a goal?! Absolutely clueless.

I semi agree with qs. We have lost 6 of 9 possible points in the league mostly due to a poor mentality. In each of those games we have by far fielded a better line up than the other side. There are no excuses for performing so poorly three games in a row when winning is essential. This is ALL on the manager. He really needs to go.

Emma Lusa

You get what you pay for. Chamakh was always a 'second-tier' striker. It was only when AW's interest became known that he was linked to other clubs, even then NOT ONE OTHER CLUB made a serious attempt to sign him. Was that because we knew something everyone else didn't? or was that because he wasn't good enough for a top club? Make up your own mind ......

Kain

Established Member
Either my Maths is ****, or we join the group of other teams that have failed to convince this year. Arsenal has fewer points at this stage this season (59) after 30 games than last season (61). Depressing :(

Emma Lusa

Kain said:
Either my Maths is ****, or we join the group of other teams that have failed to convince this year. Arsenal has fewer points at this stage this season (59) after 30 games than last season (61). Depressing :(

True and last season was hardly a good one anyway

-vapour-

Was anyone at the game? Apparently there were a lot of fights between Arsenal supporters. Lot's of split views it seems.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
Why on earth did the manager take off Arshavin then? He looked the liveliest player out there by a country mile, apart from some flashes from Theo. Arshavin is one of our best, if not THE best, at beating his man and create something. And Wenger takes him off when we need a goal?! Absolutely clueless.
I was also surprised he took Shava off when we needed a goal. Not saying we would've won with him on the pitch, but I thought Jack or Song should've come off for Cesc instead. Nasri could've played deeper than Cesc like he's done in the past when we've chased games.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
outlaw_member said:
qs said:

That also contributed to our draw, but the failure to break down a stubborn defence is nothing new. We've lacked a proper plan against it for ages, and the only solution we ever offer is to stick every striker in the box and hope they can nick a goal.

...because he's clueless?

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
6 trophyless season has really damaged our winning mentality. We had a full attacking squad out there today, yet we failed to salvage a crucial win against a lowly ranked team at home. You look at the Man Utd game earlier today, just shows the big difference in terms of mentality between them and us. This all comes down to the lack of real winners in the team. It really has affected us. Can't believe I had to witness my beloved Arsenal side endure this type of rubbish for the past 5 years. We couldn't even get pass an awful Birmingham side in the CC final, and now 3 dissapointing and coward performances in the past 3 games, when it mattered most. Whats the point of playing good early ann mid season, only to c*ck it up during the latter stages? Year after year. Sickening. Really sickening.

MAK 14

Established Member
Arshavin was taken off because he did nothing of note in the second half and was giving the ball away a lot. And on top of that, he was looking tired. Wenger had to take a gamble, unfortunately it didn't really work out.

mo50

Established Member
Why not take Song off? He was of no use when we had the opposition pinned in their final third, and they were down to 10 too.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom