• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL -Arsenal v Everton - Tues 1st Feb - 7:45pm | ATVO

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Thanks to the ridiculous scheduling of our match fixtures, we will only have one whole day of rest before we prepare for Everton at home on Tuesday.

The good news for us is that the majority of the first team were rested whilst watching our other players just get past Huddersfield. They should be fresh and ready to go, but the bad news is we have to enter this match certainly without Nasri who's been vital to our attack.

I expect a better game for us and our other big guns to help us do the job and keep the pressure on Man Utd.

Bossa

Established Member
Re: EPL -Arsenal v Everton - Tues 1st Feb - 7:45pm

This games comes so quick, but thank god that we have a good amount of the players rested. I think that the team picks for itself.

Szscsesny
Sagna Djourou Koscielny Clichy
Fabregas Song Wilshere
Walcott RVP Arshavin

Fabianski Eboué Gibbs Denilson Rosicky Bendtner Chamakh

squallkid

Established Member

---Chesney----

Sagna-Djourou-Koscielny-Clichy-

-------Song-Wilshere-----

---------Fabregas---

--Walcott-Chamakh-Van Persie

Only team I can think of since Arshavin will be a liability and Nasri is out

Herbas

We are really testing Koscielny's endurance. Everton would be 7th game for him in 20 days.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Everton usually put it up to us at the Emirates aswell.

I expect alot better with our top players back in.

Y va marquer

Established Member

It's reassuring to know that no matter what happens Squillaci won't be playing.

outlaw_member

Established Member

I doubt Arshavin could recover in two days, without being a liability against Everton. I've generally been against the idea, but I'd be inclined to start Chamakh out wide against them.

TheCMT

Established Member

I hope Nasri injury isnt bad. We should go with our standard lineup if Nasri is out replace him with Arshavin and hope he improves on the foundation he laid today.

arsmile

Established Member

assuming nasri cant play- bendtner certainly should. he's our only squad player in any kind of form

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Arshavin plays IMO. Or play Chamakh up front and RVP wide right and Walcott on the left. Rosicky can play out on the left also if Arshavin is fatigued.

yuvken

Established Member

outlaw_member said:
I doubt Arshavin could recover in two days, without being a liability against Everton. I've generally been against the idea, but I'd be inclined to start Chamakh out wide against them.
Yeah, can't see AA for more than a 20 min. sub. But Chamakh? I just don't know. He really looks completely out of it. Arsène has a real headache this time, and quite frankly, I don't know what I would advise him here :| .

I actually think it would be a rare appearance for Vela in such circumstances... how strange.

outlaw_member

Established Member

Not much else we could do. Bendtner is more likely to produce something, but I don't trust him at the moment. Chamakh is decent in possession, even if he isn't doing anything noteworthy.

Speaking of Chamakh, I don't know what to think of his future. When we beat Ipswich the other day, he looked gloomy and desolate on the bench, and was apathetic after the final whistle when everyone was celebrating. It's very likely that he is disappointed after being displaced, and why wouldn't he be? The fact that Wenger trusts Bendtner over him would add insult to injury from his POV. It's been widely suggested that he needed a rest after a grueling first half of a season, but he's had plenty since the Chelsea game. There's every chance that he'll be better next season, but with van Persie and Bendtner producing the goods, his future is already up in the air.

There is light

Tough fixture, clearly remember what happened the last time everton came to the emirates.

Kain

Established Member

We have an excellent record against Everton, they have only kept a handfull of clean sheets this season, only four or so, one of the lowest tallys in the league, where as we have had that many in a row during the January fixture congestion.

Majority of the first team have had a week to rest, Febuary is another busy month that will really test the metal of our team. Hopefully Sagna has recovered from his Concussion injury.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Everton are usually in good form at this time of the season, remember last year when we had to come from behind.

Id play Bendtner wide, he has shown good form for us over the last two games, which would give him a starting place.

I too have a concern over Koscielny, hopefully he is able to handle the frequent games he has to play.

Chesney
Sagna Djourou Koscielny Clichy
Song Wilshere
Fabregas
Walcott Van Persie Bendtner

Shue

Established Member

Would go with SA's lineup probably. Arshavin looked a bit better today though, so I'd play him if he's fit enough. Could also do worse than play Gibbs in front of Clichy.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I'm going to this one. Normal super six except Bendtner instead of Nasri I guess.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

There are few positives before this match.

Everton played a full strength team vs. Chelsea yesterday and will probably be a bit tired going for the whole 90 minutes. Cahill might be back for them, but he had to play all the way to the finals against Japan and the flight back to Merseyside will do its effect on him.

Although Baines is a good fullback to go forward, he is a liability when opposition fullbacks make forward runs with wingers in tandem, so with Walcott rested I am sure Wenger will be targeting that flank.

Nasri is a huge miss and shame that Squid was stupid enough to get a red. Otherwise Wenger would've started Djorou Squid to give Kos some breathing

I'm going for a 3-1 win from us.
RvP, Walcott(2)

mo50

Established Member

I don't see Bendtner starting, not after playing a full 90 on Wednesday and today. Chamakh was taken off for Song so I guess he'll be the one starting. He hasn't played with a strong team in a long time so I hope he bags a goal. He needs a confidence boost.

Shue

Established Member

Chamakh would probably be ok out wide, he likes linking play.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom