• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL -Arsenal v Everton - Tues 1st Feb - 7:45pm | ATVO

Herbas

The same is said about almost every other manager. I don't think that Moyes is any worse than others.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
He just said what was on the lips of every Arsenal fan. I wonder how shouting this out is more "disgusting" than calling the ref a "blind ****" and asking him to "**** right off" which Moyes' protege Rooney does quite regularly.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
How the hell anyone can still deny that there isn't some kind of weird agenda against us in the media (fueled by a lot of muppet/puppet managers) I'll never know. :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8300925/Cesc-Fabregas-Arsenal-captains-roll-of-dishonour.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... onour.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cesc Fabregas: Arsenal captain's roll of dishonour

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has made plenty of enemies for his brash conduct on and off the pitch. Telegraph Sport looks at the ever-growing list of managers, former team-mates and current players who have hit out at the Spaniard.

When we shook hands at the end, the young man asked me a question which I thought was disrespectful. He asked me if I had played for Barcelona and when I said 'yes'. He shook his head as if in disbelief. Then he said, 'Well, that wasn't Barcelona football'.
-Then Blackburn manager Mark Hughes following a 0-0 draw at the Emirates in Feb 2007

Fabregas obviously has a broken jaw or he would not have rolled around like he did.
-Everton manager David Moyes on Spaniard's reaction to a Mikel Arteta challenge in Dec 2007

With scoring opportunities he is even more selfish than I am. Given the chance to shoot he always goes for it, unlike me.
-Alexander Hleb, then Fabregas's team-mate in July 2008

Their club captain spat at the feet of my assistant. Whichever way you want to look at it, [it was a] disgraceful act.
-Phil Brown, Hull manager on Fabregas 'spitting incident' in March 2009

In England that is cheating, in South America, Spain, Italy, it is being clever. There was contact, but it was soft.
-Wigan manager Roberto Martinez on Fabregas winning a penalty in Jan 2011

Fabregas is the captain but he is not a leader. We are lacking leadership and we need leadership to go forward. There isn't a leader. I don't see one player as a leader.
-Arsenal midfielder Denilson in Jan 2011

Two lads asked him for his shirt and he told them to f*ck off!! Slick player but what a t*t!
-Huddersfield midfielder Anthony Pilkington after their FA Cup fourth-round loss in Jan 2011

Cesc Fabregas should have been sent-off for his comments about the officials coming out of the tunnel. It was disgusting. I won't be repeating it but maybe someone will for you.
-Moyes after Fabregas questioned match officials during half-time in Feb 2011

When we shook hands at the end, the young man asked me a question which I thought was disrespectful. He asked me if I had played for Barcelona and when I said 'yes'. He shook his head as if in disbelief. Then he said, 'Well, that wasn't Barcelona football'.

:lol:

Look, we cannot deny that Cesc is a firery character and there is a good chance he is guilty in all the abovementioned transgressions.

But this is what is needed, to add to the belief and the desire to get across the line. Within reason of course.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member

With scoring opportunities he is even more selfish than I am. Given the chance to shoot he always goes for it, unlike me.

:lol: :lol:

They are really desperate for some material, are they not?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Rahul said:
To be honest I wondered the exact same thing. I was on an airplane when the game was played and only watched a recording of it later on, already knowing the result and what had been said about Lee Mason. I still wanted to kill him. It was the most pathetic performance I've ever seen from a referee. My first thought was: "He's been bought". I'm serious. He should be investigated. If I were Arsenal I'd raise hell about it to the point where the FA feel that they need to act. It's just not possible to be that bad. Some of the calls he made weren't just incompetent. They were more than that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You must be kidding Sa , Hleb meant that as a compliment to Cesc they are best of friends , against Wigan - how can that slimey snake Martinez argue that was not a penalty ?

The rest I don't give a **** about **** em - I like the way Fab carries on .

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
SA Gunner said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8300925/Cesc-Fabregas-Arsenal-captains-roll-of-dishonour.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has made plenty of enemies for his brash conduct on and off the pitch. Telegraph Sport looks at the ever-growing list of managers, former team-mates and current players who have hit out at the Spaniard.

Then Blackburn manager Mark Hughes following a 0-0 draw at the Emirates in Feb 2007

Fabregas obviously has a broken jaw or he would not have rolled around like he did.

Everton manager David Moyes on Spaniard's reaction to a Mikel Arteta challenge in Dec 2007

Alexander Hleb, then Fabregas's team-mate in July 2008

Their club captain spat at the feet of my assistant. Whichever way you want to look at it, [it was a] disgraceful act.

Phil Brown, Hull manager on Fabregas 'spitting incident' in March 2009

In England that is cheating, in South America, Spain, Italy, it is being clever. There was contact, but it was soft.
Wigan manager Roberto Martinez on Fabregas winning a penalty in Jan 2011

Fabregas is the captain but he is not a leader. We are lacking leadership and we need leadership to go forward. There isn't a leader. I don't see one player as a leader.
Arsenal midfielder Denilson in Jan 2011

Two lads asked him for his shirt and he told them to f*ck off!! Slick player but what a t*t!
Huddersfield midfielder Anthony Pilkington after their FA Cup fourth-round loss in Jan 2011

Cesc Fabregas should have been sent-off for his comments about the officials coming out of the tunnel. It was disgusting. I won't be repeating it but maybe someone will for you.

Moyes after Fabregas questioned match officials during half-time in Feb 2011

:lol:

Look, we cannot deny that Cesc is a firery character and there is a good chance he is guilty in all the abovementioned transgressions.

But this is what is needed, to add to the belief and the desire to get across the line. Within reason of course.

Yup Yup Yup! Stick it up 'em Cesc. No more bullying us around. Innocent until proven guilty-I guess unless you are a foreign player in the EPL?

I like to see his fire right now. And to Moyes, Hughes, Phil "effing Brown, F**K off! You neanderthal team have been kicking the ****e out of us for years. Trust me other teams, other players try all sorts of tricks to win games. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

However, I think he needs to be a bit more circumspect in what he says and to whom he mouthes off.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
SA Gunner said:

-Then Blackburn manager Mark Hughes following a 0-0 draw at the Emirates in Feb 2007

He was only 19, Mark, you ****ing ****. Moaning about the remarks of a teenager! Aww didums

-Everton manager David Moyes on Spaniard's reaction to a Mikel Arteta challenge in Dec 2007

yaaawn

Because he knew you had no spine, Alex, and so did you, which is why you usually ducked the issue. ******

-Phil Brown, Hull manager on Fabregas 'spitting incident' in March 2009

Lies!

-Wigan manager Roberto Martinez on Fabregas winning a penalty in Jan 2011

Is that even relevant?

-Arsenal midfielder Denilson in Jan 2011

How is this relevant to Cesc being dishonourable?

-Huddersfield midfielder Anthony Pilkington after their FA Cup fourth-round loss in Jan 2011

More lies, as the tweets later revealed

-Moyes after Fabregas questioned match officials during half-time in Feb 2011

Hearsay, lies/tales of the tunnel

I thought the Telegraph were better than that. Dear o dear.

caldeltatrojan

Klaus Daimler said:
Rahul said:
To be honest I wondered the exact same thing. I was on an airplane when the game was played and only watched a recording of it later on, already knowing the result and what had been said about Lee Mason. I still wanted to kill him. It was the most pathetic performance I've ever seen from a referee. My first thought was: "He's been bought". I'm serious. He should be investigated. If I were Arsenal I'd raise hell about it to the point where the FA feel that they need to act. It's just not possible to be that bad. Some of the calls he made weren't just incompetent. They were more than that.

+2 I was seeing blood.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I would like to see Van Persie in the Fabregas role and Fabregas from a deeper role, RVP looked quality in there

mo50

Established Member
****ing Legend. Let him keep winding up all these low lifes. All those things listed were either compliments or outright lies.

The Escaped Ape

I was away when the game was played, but recorded it to watch later. Just finished and I can't believe how incredibly lopsided Mason's refereeing was. Terrible all over, not just the offside goal.

In case of interest, this is what I posted to the Cesc-Mason thread.

The Escaped Ape said:
I don't know how many people would have seen the original piece, but Patrick Barclay wrote exactly the sort of article we're all complaining about in The Times on 2 February (it's behind the Times pay wall, so won't turn up on Google and I won't post it here for the same reason - anyway, it's kind of predictable in tone - the headline was "Halo over Fàbregas is in danger of slipping").

What's interesting is not the original article, but that PB (who is generally a very high quality writer IMO) almost immediately disowned the piece on Twitter.

Totally concur with those deriding today's piece about Cesc. Wish I'd written something else.

3:16 AM Feb 2nd via Twitter for iPad

“@Vinay_R: @pbarclaytimes what did you write?” PB: Oh, some knee-jerk cobblers about Fabregas being the devil incarnate. Cringemaking.

5:59 AM Feb 2nd via Twitter for iPad

“@Vinay_R: @pbarclaytimes so what made you change your mind?” PB: Knew it was crap even as was writing it.

6:02 AM Feb 2nd via Twitter for iPad

And unrelated to the Cesc incident, but Arsenal related:

Sometimes we lay too much stress on managers' quotes. By the way, Wenger didn't seem to me to be having much of a pop at Chelsea last night.

6:35 AM Feb 2nd via Twitter for iPad

I admire him for 'fessing up and admitting that he got it wrong. To my mind this does prove that there are journalists that see through this crap, even if they do initially get sucked into it themselves.

Generally The Times' coverage is excellent. Gabriele Marcotti is also good, as is Oliver Kay.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom