• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Arsenal v Fulham - Sat. Dec. 4 - 15:00 | ATVO

Y va marquer

Established Member
Useful contribution from Robin - clearance off the line from the Fulham corner just shortly after he came on plus the lay off to put Nasri through for his goal.

Had the usual heart sink moment when he failed to get up after being knocked down.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
outlaw_member said:
Midfield was a mess from the very start of the season. Wilshere, Rosicky and Cesc cannot defend. Which means that Song has to defend for all three, and he's not that great at it, himself. Plus, his role now is to press high up the pitch, and given his lack of pace and mobility, he is too easily beaten. We lose the defensive midfield battle by default.

Please point to me the games we have played so far this season and were were dominated in the middle. The midfield is one area where we have been very strong this season, even in games that we have lost (including Chelsea game). Its true our midfield is not very defensive..well it cant based on the type of players we have. But you dont have to have the fletchers to have an effective midfield. We have controlled most games in the middle..and thats the main role of the midfield ..to control the flow of the game. Just look at barca..who is defensive minded in that middle?

I think we are doing very well in the middle with various combination. Actually Denislon improves our passing/holding game better than Wilshere but its been very good to see all the different combinations (including when Diaby was around) still allowing us to have control in the middle.

Controlling the midfield is not about not conceding goals..its the overall game and movement of the team. Dont ever expect our midfield to be better defensively than the likes of Chelsea/Manure..just like their midfield will never be better than us offensively. Its the players you have and a choice you make as a manager. I agree with Wenger's choice of the type of midfield to have..i think it will win us most games and compliments our overall game.

We have been doing well, i still think we battered Tottenham that day..just f*ing..bad luck.... but overall we are playing quite well.

You misunderstood me. It's not about domination. The current setup enables us greater control as all three midfielders look to get forward and help facilitate our passing game, hence our ability to control has increased. The issue is when they are asked to defend, during periods when we haven't had control, that is when we are found wanting.

I have not missed your point. I understand and agree with your assessment. But my argument was its very difficult to have both! And if you look at various teams, they will tend to be stronger in one area but weaker in other.

mistaT

Established Member
Good win, we were unplayable in the first half for a while.
Faded with time but was very impressed by Nasri, Arshavin, Sagna and Clichy.

Djourou is a beast, can't wait till he's first choice 8))

outlaw_member

Established Member
This goes out to Nasri.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqmcEdi9j8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqmcEdi9j8</a>

Humble Rex

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
This goes out to Nasri.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqmcEdi9j8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqmcEdi9j8</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why would you want to embarrass super Samir with c.rap like that?!

fabo

6.51 / 10
Watching the goals back now, absolute top quality.

And on the Koscielny incident, terrible stuff from Squillaci. He should be giving Koscielny a passing option but chose to mow him down - WTF?

I'm guessing he was trying to atone for a pretty weak header but luckily it bounced nicely for Kos to get rid of it. Saying that, Kos absolutely has to stay up for the duration of the move until it goes out of play, no excuses.

fabo

6.51 / 10
What a weekend!!

My happiness level is higher when Sp**s screw up in addition to us winning. Hate to see them doing well.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
outlaw_member said:
This goes out to Nasri.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqmcEdi9j8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqmcEdi9j8</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only because it starts with na na na na, :lol: and it's Super Sam for your information.

est

fabo said:
My happiness level is higher when Sp**s screw up in addition to us winning. Hate to see them doing well.
You and me both. Last two months have been pretty miserable in that regard.

Shue

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Humble Rex said:
outlaw_member said:
This goes out to Nasri.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqmcEdi9j8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqmcEdi9j8</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only because it starts with na na na na, :lol: and it's Super Sam for your information.
wtf is Supercat doing involved with that dross?

Danni

I'm delighted with the three points, and the Chelsea draw against Everton makes the victory even better. We did miss a great deal of chances throughout the 90 minutes, but Samir produced two moments of utter brilliance to save our blushes. He is really turning out to be a consistent class performer, and it takes a lot of me to say this; but he can really enter the 'Cesc bracket' if he keeps this up.

tam1886

Established Member
fabo said:
Watching the goals back now, absolute top quality.

And on the Koscielny incident, terrible stuff from Squillaci. He should be giving Koscielny a passing option but chose to mow him down - WTF?

I'm guessing he was trying to atone for a pretty weak header but luckily it bounced nicely for Kos to get rid of it. Saying that, Kos absolutely has to stay up for the duration of the move until it goes out of play, no excuses.
Fault lies completely with Squillaci on that one. Wenger said Kos has concussion, it's pretty hard to level any criticism against him based on that. No doubt it may have cost us, but I actually think it's admirable that he attempted to play on and help out as opposed to dropping down.

Herbas

Both Nasri goals were achieved by being able to play with both feet very well. Has Nasri improved his weaker foot lately or was Nasri always comfortable with both feet?

patrick42uk

Established Member
Nasri has always been two footed.

Always felt he had goal scoring potential but never in a million years expected that it'd come this soon, and at this rate. Arguably the best player in the league right now as Jack said.

patrick42uk

Established Member
"He was a bit too much attracted by the ball and we wanted him to do more once off the ball, go in behind without the ball, because we have many players who can keep the ball."

So true. The guy is an exceptional finisher but wasn't putting himself in positions to show that. Not the case anymore.

ricky1985

Established Member
Herbas said:
Both Nasri goals were achieved by being able to play with both feet very well. Has Nasri improved his weaker foot lately or was Nasri always comfortable with both feet?
Always comfortable with both. His goal against Porto for example was nearly as much left foot as right.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom