• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Arsenal v Fulham - Sat. Dec. 4 - 15:00 | ATVO

ricky1985

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
"He was a bit too much attracted by the ball and we wanted him to do more once off the ball, go in behind without the ball, because we have many players who can keep the ball."

So true. The guy is an exceptional finisher but wasn't putting himself in positions to show that. Not the case anymore.
Huge credit has to be given to Nasri. His game without the ball is unrecognisable to when he arrived, or even as recent as last season. He must have worked his socks off over the summer, and overall in the last 2 years.

That said, Wenger and his staff deserve credit, too. They've taken a talented kid from Marseilles, and turned him into one of the best players in Europe. Sure the intelligence, work ethic and ability have to be there in order for them to work their magic, but they've still done a fabulous job with him. And he's yet another success story on a very long list.

When you look at Samir's progress, you can see why a player like Eden Hazard, who will probably have his pick of clubs at the end of the season, says he would like to come and join us in ahead of anyone else. Wenger sees what most others do not.

mistaT

Established Member
Herbas said:
Both Nasri goals were achieved by being able to play with both feet very well. Has Nasri improved his weaker foot lately or was Nasri always comfortable with both feet?

His dribbling was always strong with both feet but he looks more composed and ready to shoot with his left now.

Great goals, I love the pause/long stride on the second that blows him past their last defender.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Think the world cup disappointment is the best thing to happen to Samir and Arsenal. He looked sharp from the word go - right from the first preseason game. He would have put the work in before preseason because he looked quicker and stronger from the word go. Allied with that natural technical ability, well, we see the results.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
I am not really happy about how we let them in after totally destroying them for twenty odd minutes. In the end, individual brilliance saw us through even though we are easily the better side than them.

We just can not put tackles in when players run at our defense. Song was especially bad today, he will have to do better than that for us to have any hope. Chamakh and Rosicky were also below par today.

And Squillaci has never convinced me and I don't think he ever will. In the absence of Verminator, Djourou and Kos is the way to go about and Squillaci can replace one of them when we rotate.

Hopefully, this will be the match which will be remembered for the arrival of Samir Nasri. What a scary player is he turning into!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
patrick42uk said:
Think the world cup disappointment is the best thing to happen to Samir and Arsenal. He looked sharp from the word go - right from the first preseason game. He would have put the work in before preseason because he looked quicker and stronger from the word go. Allied with that natural technical ability, well, we see the results.
during the broadcast, the commentators were saying that Nasri himself said that the best thing to happen was a full summer of rest.. seems to have done him absolute wonders.. he's come out this season like gangbusters.. really has been our most improved player, and one of the most consistent players at the club..

ricky1985

Established Member
Pleasant reading in the Nasri thread over at Red Cafe, which was created to slag him off might I add. That Boss is a funny guy, some of the reactions to first seeing Samir's goal had me laughing. :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/nasri-what-earth-312227/index7.html#post8998391" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/nasri-what-ea ... ost8998391</a>

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
So happy to have Shava and Nasri on our wings. 2 absolutely 2footed players who forces the play.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
I've always said Nasri is the most comfortable player with the ball at his feet at the club. It's like he was born with a ball at his feet. He's always had amazing dribbling skills and the ability to beat defenders.

Look at today's goals - in both situations he went past defenders with such ease. He barely has to think about it. Incredibly talented footballer who now has the know-how and confidence to maximise his ability.

Kain

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Pleasant reading in the Nasri thread over at Red Cafe, which was created to slag him off might I add. That Boss is a funny guy, some of the reactions to first seeing Samir's goal had me laughing. :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/nasri-what-earth-312227/index7.html#post8998391" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/nasri-what-ea ... ost8998391</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lol

Remember making this thread in pre season ricky...

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102481</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure about Dula's prediction there :p

ricky1985

Established Member
:lol:

Even though I said in that thread that I thought he'd step up a level, not sure I expected this. He's just so good right now.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Is Nasri the best player in the league atm? I think so. What a player he has turned into.. great day overall with us winning and chelsea and Sp**s dropping points!

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Just seen the highlights and my word... Those two goals are out of this world. French player of the year indeed.

mo50

Established Member
ricky1985 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/nasri-what-earth-312227/index7.html#post8998391" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/nasri-what-ea ... ost8998391</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They were urging him to delete the thread and stop embarrassing himself, and looks like he finally did. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom