• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL- Arsenal v Man Utd, April 28th, 16:00 SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

squallkid

Established Member
arsenal.png

v

manchesterunited.png

Just beat them, I don't care who we play, what the formation is or who will score our goals.

Just beat them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We must get something, hopefully a win. If Manure win the title tonight you expect it to maybe have an affect against us - they'll be at 80% instead of 95%, I don't know.

GG8

I like it squallkid, no nonsense, say it like it is. 3 points please.....

kenkbc2

The probability of it all is that the high of wrapping up the title against Villa is going to make them lose focus against us and ultimately give us an advantage over them.

But, we all know that in any Arsenal - Man U match, things like that don't matter too much on the day.

So, I am going for a thumping 3-0 win for us. Eat that, Judas!

Floating

Established Member
GDeep said:
We must get something, hopefully a win. If Manure win the title tonight you expect it to maybe have an affect against us - they'll be at 80% instead of 95%, I don't know.

Yeah, I can't imagine them going all out against us if they clinch the title tonight. Could only be a good thing, although I bet RvP will score. :roll:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The closer we get to this, the more confident I'm getting, which isn't normal. Think this could be similar to the 1-0 win a few years ago, when Ramsey and Wilshere ran the game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The constant debate on Twitter about the guard of honour is getting a bit silly. If the league is wrapped we can probably get a win, but Fergie knows exactly how to beat us, I'd be happy with a point here, can still comfortably finish top four.

GG8

Word on the street is if they wrap up the title tonight, Judas wont play against us. Seems a plausible and sensible option on Manure's part.

squallkid

Established Member
I already said the team doesn't matter to me but we can't go into this playing the same way we've played throughout the season.

Man Utd know how to nullify us perfectly if we do that.

If I'm being honest this is what I would play in midfield and forward positions

--Ramsey-Wilshere--

-Walcott-Cazorla---Chamberlain

--------Podolski----

I leave out so that we can try Jack and Aaron in centre mid and allow Cazorla to play as the AM. Chambo, Walcott and Podolski to provide us with pace, then if we're winning we can bring on Arteta to shore things up in the second half.

Risky leaving out Arteta but if we play the exact same way we have all season and put Jack in midfield with Cazorla shunted out onto the left then we don't have a prayer IMO.

We need to do something different and switch up our style of play to suit the opposition. We can't just go out and play our game the exact same way in all 38 games.

This isn't a slight on Arteta, as I think he's a great player, he just isn't the player we need for this game.

United play with 2 in midfield so I'm thinking that the three of Ramsey, Wilshere and Cazorla can inject some pace in the game and play around those two United midfielders whereas Arteta just slows our game down at times and Rooney just completely nullified him at Old Trafford this season. The last time we beat them is when we had Ramsey and Wilshere running the show in midfield and that is what I think we need again.

I want both Chambo and Walcott on the wings (have we played them together this season?) to give United's fullbacks something to think about. When we play a midfielder on the wing it sometimes gives us more defensive shape but it takes away from out attacking impetus.

Man Utd can be got at if we go at them fast and hard and that is what I want us to do.

With all that said, just go out there and beat them.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
------- Szczesny
Sagna - Mert - Kos - Monreal
Arteta -- Wilshere -- Ramsey
Walcott - Podolski -- Cazorla

this is the lineup I think Wenger will go for, I would have wanted to see Rosicky and OX start in place of Wilshere, Walcott

I am going for 1-0 win to us

kenkbc2

Keep him on the bench, otherwise he'll really find out how much we 'love' him for donning the ****'s jersey..

But on a serious note, wonder if those grey hair popping up on his head is the result of stress or some inner guilty feeling of abandoning us.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I felt that even before the Norwich game last week that we'll probably have to win all of our remaining games other than the United game to get into the top four.

We of course struggled and slipped up against Everton and you just knew that Sp**s with Gareth Bale were going to beat a City team with nothing to play for at White Hart Lane. So we now have to beat United without our only recognised striker and I can't even remember the last time we beat them. Our one saving grace may be that they will have the title sewn up.

This is do or die for Arsenal now. Pretty much every crunch game we've played this season against a half decent team apart from beating a ten man Sp**s at the Emirates we've not performed and either lost or drawn. If we don't win this then I think it's going to be very very difficult for us to get top four.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Guard of honour is down to the discretion of the opposing manager, and Wenger is pretty classy so I expect we'll give them one. Minor compared to Manure clinching the title at our place.

A club and manager of our class will show the due respect to Manure, they'll get a guard of honour.

Ferguson is talking about getting a record points total now - keeping his team hungry for points till the end of the season.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
GG8 said:
Word on the street is if they wrap up the title tonight, Judas wont play against us. Seems a plausible and sensible option on Manure's part.

As long as he makes the bench, I want him to suffer

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hopefully RvP plays and decides to have an off day to help his old mates out, you know what I'm saying people.

He'll play, Ferguson and RvP will want that guard of honour treatment when he comes back.

Honestly though, a part of me for some reason feels RvP might not give it his all if he play's, but I'm a fan and footballers are too cut throat and professional to think like that.

evoh_1

Established Member
Hopefully seeing van pee come out to a tunnel of claps mught make wenger think about what the **** he is doing with all that ****ing cash and we go out and build a squad for the title next season rather than this squad player dross team we have at the moment.

Nothing but a win here to A) get some pride and have beaten a top teir team this season B) get points to put back against tottenham in particular for our coverted top 4 birth.

Hopefully the squad comes with fire to the game especially in the first half and 20 mins as usually we are out of the running by that point in the big games and recently we haven't got going before the 60 minute mark.

3-1 to the arsenal with a cauldren atmosphere of rage bearing down on the smug fake nothern monkeys from essex and hertfordshire.

Gervais

Established Member
- - - - - - - Szczesny
Sagna - Mert - Kos - Gibbs
- - - -- Ramsey - Arteta
Walcott - Wilshere - Cazorla
- - - - - - - Podolski

2-1 win or 2-2.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I don't have that good a feeling regarding this, don't know why. We shouldn't expect a victory if they win tonight and secure the title. I'm sure SAF will do his best to spoil our hunt for a CL place and motivate his team to clinch a new total-points record this season. I think they'll absolutely go out to beat us.

As long as the dutch **** doesn't score, I'll be happy with a draw and delighted with a win. Our defending will have to be up for it, hopefully we continue to look solid at the back. Not having Giroud out there could possibly be a good thing, Gervinho's movement could open up spaces for Poldi or Theo, with Santi to find them.

mo50 said:
I wonder if we'll give them a guard of honour.

:lol:
Guard of honor, my ass. They've had one already from us, at OT earlier this season, for 90 ****ing minutes.
This lot can go and do one for all I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom