• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL- Arsenal v Man Utd, April 28th, 16:00 SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
"Real Man United side"?
What is that?

They've had worse games this season, performance-wise, and still won their games so it's difficult to say we've faced a different team. Ferguson still played the best possible side he could've put out, and the longer the game went the better they got, which was in direct relation to our decline, because of our pressing game in the first half.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Not aggressive enough if he was able to leave the pitch on his feet. He can go and eat a ****.

dyeruz

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
"Real Man United side"?
What is that?

They've had worse games this season, performance-wise, and still won their games so it's difficult to say we've faced a different team. Ferguson still played the best possible side he could've put out, and the longer the game went the better they got, which was in direct relation to our decline, because of our pressing game in the first half.
I do think it's a bit glib that no credit was given to the level of performance in the first half. We rattled them and quite rightly so, pity it was unsustainable but hope it's something to build on. With the quality we have we should beat most teams and make a real fist of competing in any competition

MaestroCesc

The hostility to RVP was much less than i thought it would be, many people didnt see that bothered and the atmosphere wasnt that hostile to him, some booing and the odd chant but that was it.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Rain Dance said:
Wenger : those subs as usual are baffling - took the best performers and leave the worst for 90 minutes -

Don't understand this criticism. The kind of pressing we did in the first half left those he subbed off noticeably tired and unable to contribute. He made like for like changes in an effort to freshen up the squad while keeping the same dynamics. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned.

Glovegun

Established Member
jones said:
Not aggressive enough if he was able to leave the pitch on his feet. He can go and eat a ****.

Amen.

Hope we carry on with it though. Ramsey, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta and Rosicky were flying into tackles. We need to keep doing that.

Therapy Inc

fabo said:
I'm still amazed by Sagna yesterday though. Absolutely ludicrous tackle to give away the pen - schoolboy stuff. Van Persie was never gonna score from that angle and you just can't slide in from behind in the box(or anywhere else). Couldn't believe it. He should have walked for the second foul on Evra too. I've always rated Sagna and felt the criticism of him a few months back was harsh, but I get the feeling that he's off this Summer. He's clearly declining.

He scored from that angle against Barcelona.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah Van Persie has scored from that angle quite a few times in his career and Sagna knows it. He's trained with him for years.

Silly tackle but Sagna must have felt he had to make it.

leo_ense

Established Member
Glovegun said:
jones said:

Amen.

Hope we carry on with it though. Ramsey, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta and Rosicky were flying into tackles. We need to keep doing that.

Within reason eh? :p

Last thing we want is red cards and suspensions now. Look at Giroud, for all his shenanigans in front of goal this season, he is still missed due to the option he gave the team. :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else get pissed off with that ****** Jonny Evans? Why's he getting in Theo's face when HE made the challenge :lol:. Total bellend, sometimes I wish I was a footballer just to get into team scraps. I would have gone straight for Evra/Evans.

On the performance, I was very pleased. In the first half an hour Yanited simply couldn't cope with us, as many have said, we needed the second goal. Then we win the game. Sagna's challenge on RVJ was unbelievable, for a defender of Bac's experience that was a really silly challenge. I think he tried to make up for his error and lost his cool for a minute. It's disappointing 'cause he never has bad games, but this season he's had a few. I reckon our Mr. Consistent may be on the decline :(

I was over the moon with Arteta and Ramsey tbh, they were brilliant and bar a few misplaced passes neither put a foot wrong. Ramsey's work ethic is so commendable, the guy always gives 101% on the pitch and once he gets his clinical passing back he'll be a starter here IMO. Arteta DLP and Ramsey B2B works.

Szczesny also made a few good saves, he was unlucky not to get his clean sheet, he even dived the right way for the penalty but tbf, no keeper was saving that. Rozza was brilliant, Theo did well and took his goal nicely, but I was a bit disappointed with Santi. He NEEDS to play in the middle. Every time the substitutes come on and he moves back to CAM, you just see the difference.

On a final note, **** you Robin van Judas. I hate you.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If Caz starts as AMF in that game, we win it. Simple as that.

Rozza's playing so well, he could probably get away with playing on a wing IF wenger is THAT ****ing hell bent on shoehorning him into the team at the expense of playing our best player in his best position. Makes no sense at all, and I make that 4 points dropped at the most critical point of the season because of it. Wengers ignorance to how better we perform with Caz in the center is infuriating. But then look how long he's persisted with other wrongs before he's realised.

say yes

forum master baiter
MaestroCesc said:
The hostility to RVP was much less than i thought it would be, many people didnt see that bothered and the atmosphere wasnt that hostile to him, some booing and the odd chant but that was it.

That's basically because there was no chant for everyone to sing.

All we had was 'Robin you're a c u next tuesday' and 'She said no'. Neither of which (particularly the second one) were ever going to catch on with any real venom given how loaded they are.

The whole stadium boo'd him quite loudly whenever he touched the ball, but thanks to Koscielny that didn't occur too much.

But yeah, he got off lightly.

Le Professeur

Established Member
fabo said:
I'm still amazed by Sagna yesterday though. Absolutely ludicrous tackle to give away the pen - schoolboy stuff. Van Persie was never gonna score from that angle and you just can't slide in from behind in the box(or anywhere else). Couldn't believe it. He should have walked for the second foul on Evra too. I've always rated Sagna and felt the criticism of him a few months back was harsh, but I get the feeling that he's off this Summer. He's clearly declining.

Feel much the same way. Bac's been a great servant to AFC and I really feel for him not having gotten anything for it in terms of prizes, but my lord, what was he thinking there? Terrible pass in the first place and then that challenge... Incredible stuff, considering his experience. Not to mention his absolute uselessness attacking-wise... Sorry to say so but Jenko's the way to go.

Other than that, I can't believe Ramsey didn't spot Walcott on that counterattack, he was in acres of space, would've been 2-0 surely.

Whilst 1-1 isn't a terrible result I'm once again left with a feeling of "what if". What if for once we made our domination and chances count, what if we didn't **** up in such hilarious manner defensively.

Ah well.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Evra's still a **** btw.

"I still don't understand why the fans boo him," he told reporters. "I am disappointed that the fans have quickly forgotten what he did for the club. I think he felt it as well.

"He hasn't made the wrong choice. It was a long time that he didn't win the league title [at Arsenal]. He has come to Manchester United and won it."

:roll:

Six seasons of injury and misery, just one and a half of actual football. How could we ever thank thy, oh holy khunt vader :worthy ****ing rat.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
RUS arsenal said:
Rain Dance said:
Wenger : those subs as usual are baffling - took the best performers and leave the worst for 90 minutes -

Don't understand this criticism. The kind of pressing we did in the first half left those he subbed off noticeably tired and unable to contribute. He made like for like changes in an effort to freshen up the squad while keeping the same dynamics. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned.

Rozza off in the 60th minute and AOC for Ramsey are not baffling enough for you?
How about Podolski for Gervinho ?
Still No ?

How about Manure gaining midfield control after Rozza and Ramsey off?

The Jury said:
If Caz starts as AMF in that game, we win it. Simple as that.

Rozza's playing so well, he could probably get away with playing on a wing IF wenger is THAT ******* hell bent on shoehorning him into the team at the expense of playing our best player in his best position. Makes no sense at all, and I make that 4 points dropped at the most critical point of the season because of it. Wengers ignorance to how better we perform with Caz in the center is infuriating. But then look how long he's persisted with other wrongs before he's realised.

Mate usually you are spot on but not today.
Cazorla and Rosicky interchanged position between them. both were playing AMC.

Did you see Cazorla goes to the byline and cross? I believe you can remember more times Cazorla at center poking shots at de Gea from Rosicky's pass

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sure, Caz was popping up centrally and having shots, but that wasn't his starting position, and you can bet he wasn't in those places he would have been had he started centrally, like slightly deeper helping to maintain possession and ghosting forward to provide, like he does when he plays there. We've all seen his best games for us, and his role is completely different from what it looked to be on Sunday. I saw Gibbs at inside left a few times too, and he's a LB! People will interchange, but that's all it is.

When moved back to the center against Everton, our game was transformed - that wasn't because he was patrolling the same areas as he was in the previous 70 minutes.... There IS a difference.

His role just looks over complicated from the left, and we lack cohesion as a result. We're a mess up top with everyone running everywhere and nowhere in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom