• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL- Arsenal v Man Utd, April 28th, 16:00 SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gibbs as an example is a poor one btw, cause I was one of those critics who berate him for being a WF ahead of Podolski early this season.

I see your point, but I don't think you can complain about Wenger's tactic against Manure. Had Ramsey played Walcott i/o Poldi or Sagna had a better game, the thing we would regret is the substitution of Rosicky and Ramsey.

But you do brought up a good discussion. Midfield dominance (4-2-2-2) or an extra man up front (4-2-3-1)

Enfield

Established Member
Playing Cazorla in big games is looking more like a liability, when the sh1t is flying about and the stakes are high he don't want to know about it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's disappointed in nearly every big game, Enfield, that's the only bad thing about him this season.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Enfield said:
Playing Cazorla in big games is looking more like a liability, when the sh1t is flying about and the stakes are high he don't want to know about it.

I've felt that about him - it was in the second half when we had a free kick to the side of the area in a really goodf position and he just wasted it and I thought then that he really needs to start producing in these big games and big moments.

Sp**s at the Emirates for me was all about them having a man sent off. Up until they had Adebayor sent off we were getting roasted and could have been two or three down had they of been more clinical, and lets not talk about what happened the last time we played them.

Gervais

Established Member
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Anyone else get pissed off with that ****** Jonny Evans? Why's he getting in Theo's face when HE made the challenge :lol:. Total bellend, sometimes I wish I was a footballer just to get into team scraps. I would have gone straight for Evra/Evans.
Yep, he's a right tit; Rafael annoys me too :lol:

Enfield

Established Member
Re Cazorla, does anyone else think that Fabregas or a fi Wilshere would have a better input when we desperately need it. the guy is supposed to be world class but rarely has shown it when we need someone to orchastrate our play or get us on the the front foot. Imo Rosicky is also above him in this regard.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Therapy Inc said:
He scored from that angle against Barcelona.

DanDare said:
Yeah Van Persie has scored from that angle quite a few times in his career and Sagna knows it. He's trained with him for years.

Silly tackle but Sagna must have felt he had to make it.

Nah, it was just idiotic. Against Barca he almost shot from the sideline, used the momentum of the pass and never looked up. Van Persie was never shaping to shoot against United, he actually looked up and I suspect he would have crossed it. Plus you can only score there if the keeper is utterly *, ala Victor Valdes, standing 5 feet off the line.....:lol:

I'd expect that error from Jenkinson, not Sagna. Couldn't believe it. Pressure the man but don't slide from behind - basic defending.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Enfield said:
Re Cazorla, does anyone else think that Fabregas or a fi Wilshere would have a better input when we desperately need it. the guy is supposed to be world class but rarely has shown it when we need someone to orchastrate our play or get us on the the front foot. Imo Rosicky is also above him in this regard.

Wilshere, no. Rosicky plays well for about 5 games a season. Cesc is, of course, a step above everyone in the squad but what can you do.

Bigger worry for me is how easily our attack can be nullified by a good defensive unit. We carved out very few chances vs Everton and United. The goal against United came from a counter, winning possession and breaking quick. Once United were able to set up properly in a defensive sense, we couldn't do much.

Glovegun

Established Member
Enfield said:

Which is exactly why I disputed the claim that he was the best midfielder in the league a few weeks ago.

I love Santi, he's class, but the best players impose themselves on every game, or even if they aren't particularly 'busy' will still do something decisive. Santi doesn't do that. In some of the big games this season he's been completely anonymous.

Thought he was pretty good against United to be fair but the point still stands.

Rafael is a little ****. I hate small, stumpy little bellends who think they're hard. He isn't. Scholes too. Cynical ginger dwarf bastard Northerner. If he wasn't a footballer he'd be working in a Hovis factory in Oldham with about four grandchildren by now.

evoh_1

Established Member
Point or not on any other day against united sagna's alck of attendence at on our right would ahve cost us at least 2 more goals, yes we could have been 2-0 up but united were so poor at finishing and never got going while we ran out of ideas past RvP's pen. Club needs to look at why were are at out best with quick transitions and get away from tip tapping it round the box in particular, release the ball and work the defenders out of space rather than trying to thread the eye of a needle with a pass.

outlaw_member

Established Member
fabo said:
Bigger worry for me is how easily our attack can be nullified by a good defensive unit. We carved out very few chances vs Everton and United. The goal against United came from a counter, winning possession and breaking quick. Once United were able to set up properly in a defensive sense, we couldn't do much.

It seemed that Wenger was starting to gear our side towards counter-attacking football, what with Gervinho or Podolski starting along with Walcott. However, it seems like he has reverted back to dominating possession with an additional creative playmaker on the flank.

WengerFaithful

Who else feels RVP was playing up to the camera with the whole walking into the wrong dressing room show ... didn't believe it for a second myself.

PR slut ...

goonerwarsh

Established Member
WengerFaithful said:
Who else feels RVP was playing up to the camera with the whole walking into the wrong dressing room show ... didn't believe it for a second myself.

PR slut ...

Yup, I thought the same.

In fact, I think he's secretly enjoying the whole thing. Him showing how right he was in leaving, scoring goals against us and us yet again having the indignity of a top 4 battle whilst he sits with his winners medal the smug bastard. I've got to be honest, I don't mind RVP. I just see the whole thing for what it was.

However I can't stand Evra. That arsehole has rubbed our faces in it for years - and got away with it too. We've never had anything to throw back at him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
goonerwarsh said:
However I can't stand Evra. That ******** has rubbed our faces in it for years - and got away with it too. We've never had anything to throw back at him.

Which is why I hoped somebody would give him a good ol' Scholes tackle from behind. Theo went and pressed him shortly before his yellow card, but if he's going to get booked he might as well try to do some damage while he's at it. Instead he was all smiles afterwards with that fat **** Phil Dowd.

Sometimes I really want us to sign someone like Gary Medel or some other hothead who doesn't take **** from nobody, too many good boys in our squad.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Enfield said:

:lol: That's a shocker. To arrive at that conclusion after a handful of 'big' games in his first season, in which he's performed to a high level in most of them, and almost god-like in a few, is astonishing. There's never usually anything in comments like these 99.9% of the time, and I've read them about practically every great player that's ever walked the earth.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Have to agree with Jury here, the whole team's been utter dogshit in all "big" games this season, bit cheap to make Cazorla responsible for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom