• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal v Southampton | 10th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Outcome of Match?

• Win

Votes: 112 86.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Loss

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakySami

People talking through their arseholes again.

Overall game was okay. We had the better chances first half and second half but we lacked a bit of sharpness in our finishing (Sanchez, Özil, cazorla, bellerin to name but a few). They had I think 2, maximum 3 chances all game. (one was shane long where monreal let him run past him without following him, another was the weak shot from a double save by the keeper).

I don't care if we had 2 shots on target, we still created the more dangerous chances, hence we had the better chances to score goals, etc. We were solid defensively and their goal should have been stopped by Cech if he positioned himself properly. He was way too advanced for a freekick from that distance and he gambled by being too on the left and we paid for it.

That said, was our general play amazingly breathtaking ? Of course not. You can tell there was a few things here and there that were off, specially from the first 20 minutes and specifically The Ox.

I actually like the Ox, the kid is good with the ball but his whole problem is not when he is dribbling, running or shooting (his shots are pretty decent to be honest).

His BIGGEST problem is that after winning that 1-2 yards on a opposition player, he keeps the same momentum in what he does after (pass, shot, dribble, run, etc), loses concentration and overhits, over runs and is left in trouble. Most of the time, if you look at him in that specific situation, he has his head down and he doesn't take the time to lift his head before making his next move causing the bad play. He seems to not have his markers on the field as in where is his position with respect to the opposition net, the 18-yard box, the far post, close post and so on. if he had this, he wouldn't even need to lift his head, he would just know where to put the ball every time. I think improving that would allow him to get the confidence needed and allow others to anticipate his passes/crosses and so on.

Enough about the Ox, let's talk about our 3 areas of the pitch:

Attacking : I thought some of our play first and second half was good but we lacked that zip in our passing and we couldn't finish our chances. I think if xhaka was in the lineup, he would have provided those direct passes to walcott/perez that might have unlocked their defense earlier but at what price ? Like I said many times, I think Xhaka is not FIT (athletic) enough to provide both an offensive and defensive output specially vs a team with fast attacking options (hence why le coq seemed used here). Other than that, our chances created will improve come next game I'm 100% sure.

Midfield: I think the partnership of coquelin and cazorla was decent defensively and helped the newly formed defensive partnership. Going forward they relied on spreading it to Özil ox ,walcott and defensive partners. I thought they did a great job. Both had great games and don't think xhaka instead of Coquelin would have done better (vs fast attackers).

Defense: I thought mustafi was good with koscielny. They were both aggressive when needed and although mustafi had some wayward passes at the beginning he settled and did very well after. I loved his aggressiveness. Bellerin was good again. Monreal was good except on the play where shane long went in one on one with cech.

Overall, the game was hard, they had all their players back defending all game and tried to hit us on the counter. They got 2-3 chances all game while we made many throughout (except first 20 minutes). So I don't understand how we didn't deserve to win? Also the ref was ****, wtf did Cazorla get a yellow and any English player doing the same thing doesn't get anything? Refereeing Rubbish!

Edit: We don't need ibra if we have Koscielny! GO Capitaine!

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Nice performances from Bellerin, Coq and Iwobi, just to name first 3. We alwats looked like we can score, and we did at the end, from a clear penalty, but a dramatic way. You gotta win those also...
Surprised more than few are not happy with the game

Impact

Established Member
I didn't realise how good van Dijk is. Good enough to compete for a starting place at any team in the League.

BobP

Memri Fan
If you guys have noticed our performances so far this season have simply been a continuation of the second half of last season.

Can't really see us making top 4, would be pleasantly surprised if we did.

STYLEZ

If you guys have noticed our performances so far this season have simply been a continuation of the second half of last season.

Can't really see us making top 4, would be pleasantly surprised if we did.

If we don't I reckon Wenger would walk without hesitation no way he'd sign another contract.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I didn't realise how good van Dijk is. Good enough to compete for a starting place at any team in the League.
Did have his usual brain dead moment, like most Dutch defenders. That moment when Cazorla should have scored and Giroud slipped instead of tapping in began with a horrible pass from Virgin that went to Alexis.

Axel_Gunner

walk up to the club like what up i got a big coq,
im so pumped i bought some **** from özils shop
ice on caz its so damn frosty
people like damn thats a cold ass kosci.

im celebrating that luckyy win too haard :lol:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Nice performances from Bellerin, Coq and Iwobi, just to name first 3. We alwats looked like we can score, and we did at the end, from a clear penalty, but a dramatic way. You gotta win those also...
Surprised more than few are not happy with the game
They won't be happy until we win da league or the CL & in style. No satisfying some

Saikung

win is a win....give me 38 games of that and everyone will be happy in the end(we might end up in the hospital by then though) .

maybe some are over reacting and forgetting Arsenal plays really poorly esp after international break.

coq breaks play really well but with him on the side it slows play down too much....shows how important the buying of xhaka is

Saikung

i remember the commentator saying Arsenal were slow and they usually play fast slick football.....wasnt that 10years ago?????

with xhaka, i think the fast football will come back more often

FreakySami

Defence looked flimsy as hell, again. What the **** was the wall doing for the goal?

What do you want them to do??? Jump?? And then he hits the ball under? No I'm sorry this is cechs problem. He needs to be not so far away to the left side. It's his fault that goal. His reaction says it

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
What do you want them to do??? Jump?? And then he hits the ball under? No I'm sorry this is cechs problem. He needs to be not so far away to the left side. It's his fault that goal. His reaction says it
Yes, jump. It's their job. If it goes under it goes under, but 9/10 the kicker will go high. So you jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom