• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Stoke City - 12/09/15, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
At the Stoke game...;)

t
PAY-Arsenal-v-Stoke.jpg

Butland in action

Arsenal-v-Stoke.jpg

Lord Irvin

Mostly good to come out of the match. Özil proved that he is the best playmaker in the league again, Le Coq dominated it, our dfence is looking strong and theo and giroud each scored despite theo missing a bunch.

That said Stoke were more bad than we were good, Should not get too carried away by this.

Still lets hope they take this form into champions league and the chelsea match.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Mostly good to come out of the match. Özil proved that he is the best playmaker in the league again, Le Coq dominated it, our dfence is looking strong and theo and giroud each scored despite theo missing a bunch.

That said Stoke were more bad than we were good, Should not get too carried away by this.

Still lets hope they take this form into champions league and the chelsea match.

I hate statements like this. No offence to yourself but you could apply that logic to almost any game we win - "oh the opposition were more bad than we were good, so we can't take much out of it"...what constitutes a good performance then?

Marmaduke

Todays performance was great, only finishing let us down. We had a bad run of homes games recently and looked disjointed. Today we tried going for the throat at the start of the game and brought a great intensity (bar a period in the 2nd half).

You can only play whats in front of you and in comparison how literally every team (bar city and kudos to Leiscter) is performing average we should be a little more optimistic overall.

My greatest concern was not the lack of signings or current squad but rather that we looked impotent with the ball with no real intention. Here we attempted chances, transitioned quicker, and took shots. If only 2 shots out of 30 become goals its still 2 goals.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
On our day we would have won by a lot more. We create a lot of chances. Too many chances to be missing. If we increased our goal scoring by just 10% we'd be beyond brilliant.

Anyhoo, a win is a win, thinking of skipping the Chelsea match. We seem to play a lot better when I can't watch.

Really happy we signed Gabriel. His future seems bright. He's pinpoint accurate with his tackles, which is a necessity when you want to play a provoking game. Too early to tell yet if he can be calm. He seems the type that could be potentially volatile (in a good way) but could also lead to red cards. Hopefully he continues to show a level head. Don't see him benching Mertesacker though, only because Mert is as good as our captain.

Love Mert, but I want to see more of Gabbo.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really happy we signed Gabriel. His future seems bright. He's pinpoint accurate with his tackles, which is a necessity when you want to play a provoking game. Too early to tell yet if he can be calm. He seems the type that could be potentially volatile (in a good way) but could also lead to red cards. Hopefully he continues to show a level head. Don't see him benching Mertesacker though, only because Mert is as good as our captain.

Love Mert, but I want to see more of Gabbo.

I am a bit unhappy, both Gab and Kos is a stopper type and a bit lacking in communication and leading the people around.

To be honest, Stoke could have dealt a serious blow in the beginning of the 2nd half... but we have Cech now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom