• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Swansea - 2/3/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey always seems to play well against the Welsh counterparts. Hoping for him to start showing some form and cap it off with goal. Don't want Theo anywhere near the starting 11.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
It''ll be interesting to see who starts. One thing for sure is Theo will be getting splinters in his arse on the bench.

IchirotoV2

I kind of don't wanna see this. Not finding any joy watching us play atm. I'm still fuming since this weekend. But I don't think I can help myself either.

I feel like Shelly from Twin Peaks. Just keep coming back.

Might see the first half. If the performance is not convincing I'll turn in. Or just download the game after if we win.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
This will be a dire game to watch. 0-0 written all over this.

Swansea will come and put 11 men behind the ball and defend for 90 minutes. We'll struggle to create and with the very few chances we get, Giroud and Ramsey will both miss sitters.

It's got past the point of hoping a certain line up will save us now, because nothing seems to work atm. Everyone just looks completely out of form and not like they're at the business end of a title chase.

It's criminal what we're witnessing atm. It really is. After all the pain of the last 12 years, we finally looked like doing something great again and our players turn into championship level plodders who look like they couldn't give a ****, knowing they're probably going to get 4th place anyway.

Iceko

Yeah the lack of passion/effort was the worst thing about that ManU game. I just still can't wrap my head around losing that game. I mean how the ****. Man it's going to be terrible going into Swansea with that Old Trafford game still in my head. It'll be remembered as the game that killed our title challenge.

EDIT: Anyone watching Leicester tonight?

General

Established Member
Ramsey can't start this game. He's played too many games and is simply coasting at the moment. Wenger has this misplaced faith in his stamina and inevitably he will get injured. The midfield needs a creative spark and I'm not against pairing Iwobi or Elneny with Coquelin. Mentally the entire teams looks exhausted and it's always like this at this time of the year. No new thinking, now new tactics, same old organisational approach and predictable substitutions and Wenger magically expects a different result. I'd love to see a radical 4-4-2 and see how Swansea handle it.

Typically Wenger took too long to make the necessary changes when we were stuck in a rut, wasn't ruthless enough and kept fielding the same underperforming players for fear of ruining team morale. He's now benched Flamini but it's too little too late. Can't see us beating City or Everton away and second place is our best shot now.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I think we have to show mental strength and make a statement in the next two games and not play with a handbrake on. We definitely need to bounce back and show we're up for the fight. There is a togetherness and spirit in this team and now we have to show it on the pitch!

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The most annoying thing is that we have to hear Wenger say our boys gave it all, 100% fighting spirit and character - and still got turned over by United's C team. Says a lot doesn't it Wenger? The players you continually show faith in and refuse to improve upon, aren't good enough. What a surprise.

I want to see a massive improvement tomorrow. Show that we look capable of lifting this trophy come May. I haven't seen us look anywhere near the required consistent level since October.

Chanberry

From today's press conference -

Wenger : "We gave a lot against Barcelona and that certainly had an impact on our belief against Manchester United."

Wenger : "We're not happy with the result. We had two lapses of focus that we paid for."

Excuses, excuses and more excuses

Wenger : "We are not dwelling on results and we are focused on #AFCvSCFC. Every home game is very important."

Really? Because I thought he said Barcelona had an impact on our belief?

Wenger : "We want to transform negatives into positives to create more solidarity. We play to fight for the title."

How many more negatives do we need before we start turning them?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger said he may have to cautious with Welbeck, he doesn't normally stick to that but it would be a blow if we lost Welbeck for tomorrow.

emilursin

if we don't win this, it is officially over for us, I think Leicester will win tonight, leaving us 8 points behind, we will NEVER catch those 8 points....

If we loose this, the only way we will win is by winning ALL our remaining matches, which I find highly unlikely seeing as the team spirit and belief is at an all time low.

gunnercelt35

First and foremost just effing win.

What I want to see is players standing up and being counted. I want to see everyone looking for the ball and driving at a fragile Swansea. I want it to be obvious they are putting 100% into the game and if they do we will play well and send out a message to S***s that they are in for a game on Saturday.

Another edgy performance and I think we will lose on Saturday and that really doesn't bear thinking about :mad:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Cech
Bellerin - Per - Kos - Monreal
Elneny - Coq
Campbell - Özil - Alexis
Giroud
Reluctantly would put in Elneny even though he looks below the level we need, but Ramsey isn't working in the middle - he leaves epic space around him and doesn't track as well as he once did.

It would almost be tempting to rest Monreal but I'm sure he can manage it. Play Gibbs against Barca, **** it.

Campbell back in, let him try and prove he should play the run in.

Have Alexis swap flanks more often.

Giroud needs to snap out of his poor form.

Walcott to be demoted to the U21.

If we drop points here and I'm officially done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom