• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Swansea - 2/3/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Ighalo missed 750 chances against Utd, but if he was playing against us, he'd had scored a hat trick against us. I hate these useless bastards who only seem to become clinical against us. F*ck football

jazzyman1965

I don't think booing helps much either. If anybody watched the leicester game last night, their fans got ten times louder once they went behind.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ighalo missed 750 chances against Utd, but if he was playing against us, he'd had scored a hat trick against us. I hate these useless bastards who only seem to become clinical against us. F*ck football
mate we letting everyone score against us these day, Routhledge hasn't scored for 1 year! somehow we let him to score against us.

Stoneh

60,000 fans paid to watch Wengoid and his clueless goons get beaten by Swansea B team.

Owners, players and Wengoid arent botherd about the hard earned cash the supporters spend.

It went downhill at Anfield, i was there. Last min goal and after that its been shambolic and guttless displays.

Arsenal FC is a huge money making scam.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
it will take so much time i don't think our fans will take another 5 years of failures even if with new manager. without CL means you are not in position to buy top players to improve you. you just buy decent players and hope them to be world class.

We don't buy top players now! This club has an ethos of mediocrity around it, of acceptance of failure in the name of history, consistency, organisation. Top 4 or top 6 should make feck-all of a difference to the fans. We're not the ones benefiting from CL moneys. And we're certainly not benefiting fro CL cache by making stellar signings every year.
This board is poison. Kronke and Gazidis are poison. We have a football club being run by money men who have very little interest in football and a manager who is happy to accommodate them. Let's see how they react to loss of revenue for once, a loss of brand name. Let's see if they wake up to the fact that money stems from success in FOOTBALL. That the fans they take for granted are essential to profits. Let's see what happens then. It's either that or another 10 years of this sh*te from Wenger or someone of his ilk.

Croney17

I've said it already. We can still win the treble.
TV broken since the end of last yr bro?? In every respect, this team is struggling in every dept. Wenger relies on individual brilliance & pure luck to get his results and he's been found out yet again today. Even having walcott on the bench is an insult to us fans. Just mindlessly throwing on a bunch of attacking players without proper structure, well-drilled combinations and patience ain't coaching!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Given the huge increases in revenue from Premier League TV rights in recent times, i wonder whether the Champions League money is increasingly becoming insignificant in comparison?

I haven't looked at the finances in detail, but i have a feeling that the revenue generated directly from participating in the Champions League money isn't as important now as it once used to be to for English clubs in general.

If so, could we potentially be facing a situation where a strategic decision is taken to the effect that it is actually more profitable to invest less in the team, and accept finishing outside of the top 4?

Of course, that doesn't take in to account the longer term effect of having the Arsenal brand being promoted internationally through being in the Champions League, its hard to place a monetary value on that.
Your final caveat saves you.

Of course it's more profitable to have Barcelona batter us. Real Madrid and Barcelona negotiate their individual deals and receive an extraordinary amount for it. So yes it pays to compete with these teams because brands that sponsor us want that global audience, that's why we receive a lot more than Everton and Southampton etc,and that won't change when La Liga collective deals come into play. Because the premier teams have been established and sponsors want global teams for a global audience.

For all the stick we give City the royals love it because th Emirates mad Adu Dubai are advertised to the world the same if either meet PSG or Real and even with Barca a nice image of the Middle East.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Your final caveat saves you.

Of course it's more profitable to have Barcelona batter us. Real Madrid and Barcelona negotiate their individual deals and receive an extraordinary amount for it. So yes it pays to compete with these teams because brands that sponsor us want that global audience, that's why we receive a lot more than Everton and Southampton etc,and that won't change when La Liga collective deals come into play. Because the premier teams have been established and sponsors want global teams for a global audience.

For all the stick we give City the royals love it because th Emirates mad Adu Dubai are advertised to the world the same if either meet PSG or Real and even with Barca a nice image of the Middle East.

I agree with your post but the bolded part :lol: It's Abu Dhabi.

I'm lost for words after that performance, we won't win the title this year we won't win it for another ten years.

City's current squad + additions + guardiola
Utd + additions + Mourinho
Chelsea current squad + additions + conte
Sp**s current squad + additions
Liverpool + Klopp squad overhaul

I can genuinely see us not finishing in the top four next season, Wenger will stay add bargain basement signings and not pushing the boat out to get the players we critically need. We will do a Liverpool of the past few years and get left behind.

Can also see guardiola making moves on sanchez/Özil....

Sorry for the doom and gloom but this teams put me in a dark place with a bottle of jamesons

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Well, that's it - I had a great lunch that lasted 5 hours & for the 1st time this season didn't watch this game........Was really hoping that we'd win but it's obvious that the team & manager have serious shortcomings.

But the writing has been on the wall for some time.

Can't say I'm surprised as Swansea have beaten us many times in recent years AT HOME.

This is the end game - I hope. It's all over for Arsène.

Jackopeng

Ashley Williams is the type of player this team needs, A Real leader, a player who will die for the cause and a ****ing beast of a defender.

GunnerShy

Over the course of a season, how many points is a decent home atmosphere worth? Its deplorable at the moment, in comparison to Leicester. If we won tonight there was 3 points in it, somehow against all odds, we are STILL in the race. Its the Steven Bradbury Premier League.

Yes fans are paying large sums of money to watch Arsenal play, but, I've never thought support is conditional in that sense. Yes you're entitled to an opinion, but when you're at a game you're trying to be the 12th man, if not, you are actually part of the issue.

All this anti Wenger sentiment, I get it, but it's like there's an element of supporters that also enjoy losing so they can bleat and say "I told you so" I'll cal lthem the Piers Morgan fans. The mood seems toxic and it MUST be impacting on home matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom