• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers– 1:00pm - 04/02/12

Airknight

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
yousif_persie said:
Not sure about the Ox dance. lol

It was a cool dance- very well executed.

Wonder how much rvps reaction at ox's substitution against united plays in the fact that he's started the 3 games since. Good players want to play with good players.

I thought it was awkward :|

What i wonder is if Wenger lost faith in Arshavin, commentators here noted how he should have been given a chance to redeem himself (regardless of him and Park i thought the subs were good, fans want to see Henry so his time was guaranteed)

Anzac

Established Member
Top result although not entirely happy with a number of aspects of the performance on & off the pitch.
Having said that a definate long tall glass after the recent performances.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Anzac said:
Top result although not entirely happy with a number of aspects of the performance on & off the pitch.
Anzac, I'm shocked. Off the pitch? Bin-bags not to your liking? Should've gone for the xtra tall 30-gallon I reckon. It's probably what inspired our team though. Oh wait, all talk ...

Anzac

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Anzac said:
Anzac, I'm shocked. Off the pitch? Bin-bags not to your liking? Should've gone for the xtra tall 30-gallon I reckon. It's probably what inspired our team though. Oh wait, all talk ...

Lol - nothing to do with any protest or lack thereof = not impressed with AW's substitutions yet again (Ox on a hat-trick, risking RVP, no time for Park).

I thought we were in control but lacked any edge to our play until the response to their goal.
And ultimately I fail to get impressed by us caning a below strength relegation bound team that is down to 10 men Away from Home,
after we've had 3 losses & a draw in previous results.
If we're REALLY as good as we seem v Rovers then WTF re the previous results = the usual jeyckle & hyde.

I disagree with some of the praise that some players are being given - thought Walcott was the usual hit & miss but he ended up with 3 assists despite being quite wasteful & indecisive.
Song had a great 1st half re the through balls,
but I thought he got sloppy/lazy re his field positioning in the 2nd half & played more B2B & often left Arteta to play the deepest role. Granted Rovers weren't really threatening but in those circumstances I'd have pulled Song earlier & increased the creative element.

Sill - a red letter day to enjoy our moment in the sun. :)

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I agree he could've/should've pulled Robin. I don't care at all that Ox was on a hat-trick, it's the right thing to do to keep his minutes down. Park's situation is just plain bizarre.

As for the rest: *slowly backs away from the water-cooler* :wink:

RUS arsenal

Established Member
It is funny how on some days even the one-timers off the right foot go in the top corner while others Robin can't put away several good left-footed chances, oh well, nature of the game I suppose...

Anyways, great game, exactly what the doctor ordered, we've even closed the gap to Chelsea in goal difference. Looking at the table, it would be nice if it stayed like that for Liverpool, New Castle and Chelsea, we are actually in a decent position if it wasn't for the game in hand...

PS. Yeah, I don't understand why we didn't see Park either and with Chamakh back it looks like we won't this season. :roll:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What a pass from Song there for the 2nd ,one of the best I have seen this season.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yeah, it really was a quality pass. Looked even better when I watched it on MOTD last night without the emotion you have mid-game.

These forward passes are still a hit and miss part of his game I think. We can all remember the ones which came off(Santos assist at Chelsea, RVP assist vs Dortmund, RVP vs Everton etc) but he does try them too often for my liking, especially when they're not on and his execution is lacking at times.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I think when our passing tempo is slow he tends to make mistakes as he doesn't have the time , when our tempo is quick and he has the split second more he tends to be more accuate .

kalleTheMan

Established Member
The second goal was quality from start to finish. Chesny played it out from the back like he should do more often, Arteta recived the ball under pressure but found a great pass to release Coqulin into acres of space. Really enjoyed that goal.

AliBabaBrewer

Does anyone know where I can watch the whole game?
I was stuck at work for the game, and now I'm stuck at home for the snow.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Fact: Alex Song completed more through-balls in the first half vs Blackburn than any Arsenal player has in any other 90 minutes this season.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Good win yesterday. Glad to finally watch an Arsenal rout, however lowly the opposition.
Chamberlain looks the real deal doesn't he? Not bothered that he was on a hat trick when subbed. He needs protection, and at his young age, should be enthused enough to be starting and bagging goals.

As others mention, not taking RVP off to give Park some minutes baffles me!

Other than that, a good morale boosting game.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
AliBabaBrewer said:
Does anyone know where I can watch the whole game?
I was stuck at work for the game, and now I'm stuck at home for the snow.

Get Arsenal Player on Arsenal.com

£3.99 a month, and you can watch loads of matches as many times as you like. Worth it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Anzac said:
Having said that a definate long tall glass after the recent performances.

To be honest , you can never be in this game , or you start going backward .

Gunner_JT

celestis said:
Fact: Alex Song completed more through-balls in the first half vs Blackburn than any Arsenal player has in any other 90 minutes this season.

Not surprising, I saw a statistic recently which saw Song as the 2nd ranked player in the PL with most completed passes in a forward direction, behind Modric I think.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
celestis said:

Well he can keep that up then, can't he ;D

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom