• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers– 1:00pm - 04/02/12

Freagle

What a result. Superb performance by the lads. Only let down was that we conceded a great goal and that Arsène did not put Arshavin in. I love Henry, but he is not here for the long term and Arshavin will be the one who will stay (at least until the end of the season). So I see no point in putting in Henry, Arshavin could have used this match to lift his confidence.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Freagle said:
What a result. Superb performance by the lads. Only let down was that we conceded a great goal and that Arsène did not put Arshavin in. I love Henry, but he is not here for the long term and Arshavin will be the one who will stay (at least until the end of the season). So I see no point in putting in Henry, Arshavin could have used this match to lift his confidence.

Not necessarily. The Russian window closes Feb 24th.

eye4goal

Established Member
kalleTheMan said:
The second goal was quality from start to finish. Chesny played it out from the back like he should do more often, Arteta recived the ball under pressure but found a great pass to release Coqulin into acres of space. Really enjoyed that goal.

It was a wonderful move indeed. Every player is involved apart from Oxlade on the far side. Koscielny, Szczesney, Mertesacker, Arteta one touch pass to Coquelin, Song, Rosicky, Vermaelen, back to Song in space, Walcott, RVP. Rosicky's one touch play in midfield gives our game a really nice flow

Herbas

Freagle said:
Aaah, thanks for that info DJ, but would you expect Arshavin to move?

I think Arshavin would really fancy the move as he seems to care a lot about Russian NT and he would really need some real game time before the Euro2012.

The problem is that Wenger might not want to sell him now as it would mean less squad "strength" in attacking areas. However, Arshavin is barely used lately at all, so I suppose that maybe Wenger is really ready to sell him soon.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Freagle said:
Aaah, thanks for that info DJ, but would you expect Arshavin to move?

Well, he's eating up 100k a week in wages and isn't playing...so that's like £2.6m between now and the end of the season if he doesn't leave.

I reckon the board will be working on it :lol:

eye4goal

Established Member
fabo said:
Thought Arteta was our best midfielder again, he does so much of the dirty stuff that goes unnoticed, reads the game so well from a defensive viewpoint. Comfortable when pressed, moves the ball around brilliantly, highly intelligent and technically strong footballer. 4 PL goals now aswell which is a decent return considering his role.

I really hope a compilation is available soon for his performance. I don't think we've had a midfielder that reads the game this well since Gilberto. 94% passing accuracy and 6 out of 7 tackles won(3 Aerial!).

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom