• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Chelsea – 12:45pm – 29/9/12 - SS2

Buhry

Established Member

fabo said:
La Sagna said:
That point in the 2nd half when Gervinho had the ball deep in the Chelsea half and did some pirouhettes and passed right when Cazorla, Gibbs and Arteta were COMPLETELY free on the left :lol:

He actually couldn't see what was happening on the other side, very average player. He's starting CF for Arsenal, facking hell......:lol:

Our attacking options are freaking despressing, Gervinho while wreaking the occasional havok does so much crap and loses the ball so much, giroud has yet to look like a professional fotballer, walcott looks disinterested and is inconsistent at best, ramsey is a midfielder and not even a good one at that.

Podolski is the only one who's good enough to start for me, sure he was not great today or against city but at least he doesn't give away the ball 10 times a game and you know he can finish if he gets a chance.

Invincible

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
is fabianski still out, if he is fit i need him to start at least he is better then this clown mannone.
Mannone or Fabianski?

Sh*t sandwich or vomit smoothie?

Cruisio

Established Member
I can understand peoples reactions (I don't look at them as overreactions at all) to the defeat because yes, Chelsea are no easy side to beat, but it's the manner we played which was so disappointing. We just didn't look like we showed up at all and played at a level far lower than we are capable of, we made that game so much easier for Chelsea than we should have had

I think that's all anybody asks for, we probably aren't good enough to win the league but to at least not let OURSELVES down

We were bad today, we had a ten minute spell after we scored where we actually looked like a proper team but that was it. I've never seen a Chelsea side get in on our defence and control the midfield as easily as they did today

Jenks can hold his head up high, as he looked like the only one that gave a f**k and was trying to push things forward. Koscielny starting was an awful idea right from the start because anybody involved in football will tell you that CB is one area of the team you DO NOT ROTATE (no matter what the circumstances)

Gervinho? Good goal but geez, get your head up once in a while. As much as people like to talk about Theo's tunnel vision this guy has got it even worse! Only difference being is that he looks like he might have a trick, that's all that's really separating him and Walcott right now and his lack of movement killed off so many of our attacks

Ramsey, makes perfect sense to play him out wide, because centrally he just does not move the ball fast enough, he cannot play there for us

It was a bad performance all round for me really and one that we give far too often

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't get the Mannone criticism. We lacked aerial aggression throughout and that was highlighted by Torres winning almost every aerial duel with our CBs.

Kanonier

I cannot believe that people are not blaming Koscielny for today's loss. He was absolutely **** and the culprit of both goals and almost caused another one when he failed to secure the ball against Torres. Now it should be more than clear that Per Mertesacker needs to always be in the starting lineup and that we missed his presence, height and defensive IQ in the field today. I don't understand why he was dropped from the starting lineup, if he had been a starter in every single game and was amazing!

I also don't blame Olivier Giroud for the missed opportunity, as he had to create some space between the keeper and defense and then had to shoot from a weird angle. I think he has lots of quality and he should've been a starter with Podolski and Gervinho on the wings.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I wouldn't criticise Mannone specifically for today, overall though he is a sack of **** tbh. Did you see the Torres offside goal which Mannone let in, what a joke even though it was rightly disallowed. He's making clangers regularly.

Our attitude stunk today, piss poor stuff. Wake-up call to people saying we would challenge for league titles - this squad doesn't have the quality or depth to make a big charge.

Buhry

Established Member

Kanonier said:
I cannot believe that people are not blaming Koscielny for today's loss. He was absolutely **** and the culprit of both goals and almost caused another one when he failed to secure the ball against Torres. Now it should be more than clear that Per Mertesacker needs to always be in the starting lineup and that we missed his presence, height and defensive IQ in the field today. I don't understand why he was dropped from the starting lineup, if he had been a starter in every single game and was amazing!

I also don't blame Olivier Giroud for the missed opportunity, as he had to create some space between the keeper and defense and then had to shoot from a weird angle. I think he has lots of quality and he should've been a starter with Podolski and Gervinho on the wings.

Several people have been blaming him actually, it was **** defending and he basically gifted them 2 goals.

if we had been playing better overall and had a good striker we could have gotten something out of this even with the 2 goals conceded though. The team performance overall was garbage and our lack of quality up front is infuriating. Chelsea were not good but we were worse.

dysphoria

Established Member
fabo said:
I wouldn't criticise Mannone specifically for today, overall though he is a sack of **** tbh. Did you see the Torres offside goal which Mannone let in, what a joke even though it was rightly disallowed. He's making clangers regularly.

Our attitude stunk today, piss poor stuff. Wake-up call to people saying we would challenge for league titles - this squad doesn't have the quality or depth to make a big charge.

yes, i noticed that myself, he tried to save it but the ball slipped through his hands even though the shot was not that powerful, he really doesn't fill me with confidence, good enough for no3, not quite to be starting games for us though.

When will wenger sort out this goal keeping farce once and for all, we've had a myriad of issues with our goal keepers ever since lehmann left, you can't have two or three relatively inexperienced goal keepers competing for the first spot when all of them have their fair share of going tits up. At the moment, Szczęsny is the closest thing we have to a solid GK but unless his direct competition is capable of putting pressure on him with solid performances, we're not going to be seeing the best of any of them.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If you are going to pick individual errors out, then Koscielny was at fault for the direct result of the first goal. However, the whole defensive set up for both goals was a shambles. I couldn't see Chelsea scoring unless it was a set piece or a penalty. What worries me more is the way they got both free kicks. The first was from a needless tackle from Vermaelen. It was totally rash and not what we needed. The second goal actually came from Vermaelen bombing forward and then us losing the ball, he then had to rush back and in doing so clattered into Torres. There was no need for him to go forward in the first place. We had every other player ahead of the ball. The team lacked discipline and if I'm honest we looked scared of Chelsea. We didn't impose our game at all. We picked a team to contain them, when what we should have done is watched a video of the Super Cup final. Seriously, they played their ball players today. Their midfield was not powerful and they had one out ball to Torres.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Missed the game, came home and was shocked when I saw we lost.. Did not expect that at all, guess I have way too much faith in this team. This has turned out to be a pretty poor season start, and we need to go on a run now not to fall too far behind..

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I dont think mannone can be blamed for anything today, he literally had no serious save to make.

this result, I believe will bring us back down to earth...this team isnt the most talented and so players need to realise that concentration,focus,hard work and determination are going to get them through games.

theres no RvP to pull us out of the **** when we **** up

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
krengon said:
Missed the game, came home and was shocked when I saw we lost.. Did not expect that at all, guess I have way too much faith in this team. This has turned out to be a pretty poor season start, and we need to go on a run now not to fall too far behind..

dont think its a poor start of the season we played stoke liverpool ****ty away we got 5 points, just mad we dropped points with sunderland and chelsea at emirates we should take at least 4 points from both games.

our next 3 games are a bit easy wesham norwich and qpr am expecting 7-9 points from these games.

Tranquil

2 wins from 6 games isnt impressive even if you play the 6 best teams in a row. Not as bad as last year. But still not good enough.

I dont like Gervinho up front. I want Podolski-Giroud-Gervinho. Gerv needs 5 touches to fnally get his head up. Its infuriating.

been

The Jury said:
Not of ten I do this, but I lay blame of todays defeat squarely at the feet of Wenger, for screwing up a settled defense by dropping our best performer in Merstacker.

Our great start to the season now looks really quite sh!t.

I thought about this very hard last night and I said to myself, if wenger keeps per and he has trouble dealing with Mr.Penalty Hazard and the little matas and oscars, then everyone will give him flak for not rotating based on the team we are playing.

Then I said if he drops per and we lose then he will get flak for unsettling the defense.

I can see why he did it but either way he was taking a big risk.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Tranquil said:
I dont like Gervinho up front. I want Podolski-Giroud-Gervinho. Gerv needs 5 touches to fnally get his head up. Its infuriating.

So you want a non scoring striker and a winger who runs himself into trouble and has a poor final ball ... who is also our highest scorer as a CF.

Ah well it could work lol.

evoh_1

Established Member
TakeChillPill said:
I dont think mannone can be blamed for anything today, he literally had no serious save to make.

this result, I believe will bring us back down to earth...this team isnt the most talented and so players need to realise that concentration,focus,hard work and determination are going to get them through games.

theres no RvP to pull us out of the **** when we **** up

so he just made no saves, the second goal was a joke it just bobbled straight past him he about as imposing as a 9 year old with asthma.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
LMFAO

Can't believe everyone's championing a non scoring CF to start who has one poxy goal to his record for the whole campaign.

I'm gonna say this now, I want Podolski up front, there you go.

We can have Santos as LW or Gerv whatever.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom