• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL- Arsenal vs Man Utd, May 1st 2011, 14:05

Spork

Established Member
Reading over this thread while watching a replay of the game is hilarious. Especially the stuff about Foy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

'Didn't I ask that idiot for 5 minutes?'

dyeruz

Established Member
I want to thank Cesc and his influence on Jack and Aaron but more importantly it shows what intelligent players they are, ready to use little elements to add to their game.
The Cescconstantheadswivelscopethefield technique

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Shadow Moses said:
Very impressed with Jack and Aaron. Why couldn't the team play this way when it mattered most?

We didn't play any different from the norm except that we won and didn't concede.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Fergie nay happy with the ref.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alex-Ferguson-hints-at-conspiracy-as-Manchester-United-are-denied-penalty-at-Arsenal-article730787.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Al ... 30787.html</a>

Y va marquer

Established Member
I was about to say United would not win the CL and then I remembered we'd also beaten Barca :)
It seems so long ago now.

Spork

Established Member
Sir Lolerguson. What was wrong with the game against United? Seriously? It was not a penalty against whom ever, but it was a penalty against Vidic.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Y va marquer said:
Fergie nay happy with the ref.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alex-Ferguson-hints-at-conspiracy-as-Manchester-United-are-denied-penalty-at-Arsenal-article730787.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Al ... 30787.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh dear lord :lol:

Fergie is just a ridiculous man - far more "moany" than Wenger when things don't go his way.

outlaw_member

Established Member
The article which Bossa posted up echoed many of my own thoughts on the game. I think it was Celestis who raised concerns about our lack of a final ball, and that was indeed true when we failed to apply the right weight on numerous counter-attacks which fizzled out into nothing. However, our lack of a killer pass in Cesc's absence, meant that we stretched the play more than usual, due to the fact that both Wilshere and Ramsey attempted most passes out wide on to the fullback or wide forwards, as opposed to the the straight-angled passes we've become accustomed to through Cesc. This 'deficiency' may affect us more in games against deep defences, though, so both will have to work incredibly hard on their passing execution.

On another note, we seriously need to address the Nasri conundrum, as we simply cannot continue wasting such an important player. He has been way below par on the left side, and it's clear that is a consequence of the position in which he's now playing. Given that he is right footed and is naturally a central player, he ALWAYS cuts inside from the left. There was a moment yesterday inside our own half where he received the ball, passed it to Clichy and then made a movement towards the center of the pitch and then sat, almost as if he were a CM. This resulted in us having no outball on the left side.

On the right, his preferred right foot causes him to move away from goal, but he's also got the ability to shift inside if need be. As prolific as Theo has shown to be this season, Nasri is better on the right side, and we either need move Walcott elsewhere, or park him on the bench. Wasting Nasri isn't good for himself, nor for us as a team.

outlaw_member

Established Member
The game also displayed the difference between a midfield goalscorer who arrives late in the box, ala Ramsey, or a more prominent example of Scholes, and a driving runner from deep such as Fabregas or Gerrard. The former style shows greater discipline and ensures that if the ball doesn't arrive, they are still well positioned to offer defensively. The latter is more risky as the player can be caught out of the game if the ball breaks loose. That's something which we've always suffered from, as Fabregas, and even Wilshere to an extent have a tendency to want to attack the box with the ball. Ramsey generally does it without the ball, and it was also refreshing to see him stay back when another similar opportunity had arised. That for me was the crowning moment of the game, rather than the goal, because he showed more intelligence than Fabregas who you can bet would have bust a gut to get in the box.

General

Established Member
celestis said:
General said:
Vidic is one of the worse rule benders in this league. No doubt a quality defender but a really dirty cynical fouler.

There is a lot of talk of our defenders losing their heads ie Eboue , but this bloke has done it so many times for bothe Manu and Serbia , that flying handball - I have seen him do it three times only difference is it goes unpunished .

He does it with such artistry that it often goes unnoticed. I can't remember the last time I saw a defender stretch the rules to such a limit. Frank Leboeuf springs to mind but Vidic makes him look tame in comparison.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We really need to get back to counter attacking football or at least improve that aspect of our game.

We've beaten Barcelona and United through counter attacks this season.

Herbas

I may be wrong, but didn't yesterday game have LOADS of flying tackles from our own players? Usually we rarely jump into tackles from far away, but yesterday our players were doing that time and time again. Even Arshavin looked more like an enforcer-destroyer than a wing forward.

ebouenolike

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
The game also displayed the difference between a midfield goalscorer who arrives late in the box, ala Ramsey, or a more prominent example of Scholes, and a driving runner from deep such as Fabregas or Gerrard. The former style shows greater discipline and ensures that if the ball doesn't arrive, they are still well positioned to offer defensively. The latter is more risky as the player can be caught out of the game if the ball breaks loose. That's something which we've always suffered from, as Fabregas, and even Wilshere to an extent have a tendency to want to attack the box with the ball. Ramsey generally does it without the ball, and it was also refreshing to see him stay back when another similar opportunity had arised. That for me was the crowning moment of the game, rather than the goal, because he showed more intelligence than Fabregas who you can bet would have bust a gut to get in the box.

I loved that moment too, it was fantastic to see him hold back and think of the team and the defense. And all this on his first start at the Emirates in like 15 months :shock:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People are really getting carried away with this. United were crap.

est

Your point being?

Crap as they are, they're still winning the league. Tells you all you need to know about us.

sammy89

DanDare said:
People are really getting carried away with this. United were crap.
Are we still going on with this myth even as they have one hand on the league trophy and are strolling casually towards a CL Final?

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom