• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Southampton - Tuesday 02/02/16 - 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Arsenal vs Southampton

Arsenal-v-Southampton.png

Pep Talk
THIS **** ENDS NOW! 2 YEARS OF FACING HIS TEAM, SAYING THIS **** WILL GET BETTER, AND SOMEHOW THEY RUN OVER US AT A CONSISTENT BASIS! NO MORE! TIME TO SHOW KOEMAN AND HIS BAND OF **** ****S THAT WE AIN'T MESSIN, WE'RE A BIG CLUB THAT AIN'T TAKING THEIR **** NO MORE! @bingobob WILL CRY HIMSELF TO SLEEP ONCE WE ARE DONE WITH WANYAMA! THE **** WILL GET BOOTED INTO THE STANDS! CHARLE AUSTIN WILL LOOK LIKE A ****ING NOBODY FOOL! THE SAINTS ARE ABOUT TO LIVE UP TO THEIR NAME: DEAD. DEAD AFTER WE ****ING SMASH THEM WITH A SCORELINE WE HAVE CRAVED FOR ****ING AGES! THE CURSE IS TO BE BROKEN!

Previous Meetings
28 Jan 2014- Southampton v Arsenal D 2-2 Premier League
23 Sep 2014- Arsenal v Southampton
L 1-2 League Cup
03 Dec 2014- Arsenal v Southampton
W 1-0 Premier League
01 Jan 2015- Southampton v Arsenal
L 2-0 Premier League
26 Dec 2015- Southampton v Arsenal
L 4-0 Premier League

Team Selection
Team selection has been so obvious as of late because of all our injuries, but this is actually a challenge now! Thank goodness... only injuries to report now include Wilshere and Cazorla, with Welbeck fit but not ready. We want a strong team here, this is going to be by no means an easy game. I'm thinking:

Cech
Bellerin-Mertesacker-Gabriel-Monreal
Coquelin-Ramsey
Campbell-Özil-Alexis
Giroud
Koscielny has been out of form, and needs a rest anyways. The rest is rather standard, maybe a bit weak to Shane Long at the back but hopefully Wenger learned that we musn't play a high line if he makes an appearance.

Prediction
We need a win, and thus I'll predict one. I said in the pep talk we would smash them, but realistically a win would be close, maybe 2-1.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is very important game they getting into good form too thankfully we get coq Alexis back. A must win game this!

Cech
Bellerin kosh Mertesacker Don Nacho
Coq Ramsey
Joel Özil Alexis
Walcott

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd have Coq & Ramsey start. If Elneny found Burnley physical, he'd have problems up against Wanyama & co.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Not overly optimistic for this. They have our number and the psychological edge too after that 4-0 rout.

Alexis, save us.

nmn

How can you be nervous about this one? the 4-0 was a completely different story. This one is a home game with Sanchez and Coquelin back. Plus, there is that nanny bloke firing on all cylinders.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Iirc the Southampton game we won was with them down to ten in with a player of injured near the end of the game.

Koeman knows how to play against us time for us not to be predictable....

@Aevius lol as long as we win I won't be crying but we have a massive obstacle in my favourite CM.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Especially with Wanyama's propensity to make dangerous tackles and get away with repeated fouling.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Iirc the Southampton game we won was with them down to ten in with a player of injured near the end of the game.

Koeman knows how to play against us time for us not to be predictable....

@Aevius lol as long as we win I won't be crying but we have a massive obstacle in my favourite CM.
I know, just had to add that in :)

No offense intended.

nicky47

Established Member
Absolute must we win and get back on the horse for the Premier League race. Unfortunately we crumble against Southampton, but luckily our team is finally looking strong again, so should be an interesting game this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom