• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Southampton - Tuesday 02/02/16 - 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bould14

Wenger's strength and weaknesses are the same. His faith in players can be a strength but can also let players who aren't kicking on to not be removed and we end up having average quality on the pitch.

Wenger's lack of tactical instructions allows players to make decisions on the pitch for themselves (like seeing Alexis/Özil drop deeper to get the ball because Flam/Ramsey couldn't conduct the player. Afterwards,we started dominating the game with chances. But this also allows guys like Ramsey to bolt forward all the time, and Flamini to sit like he was the 3rd CB.

In the modern PL Wenger needs a core of 5-6 WC players to win the league. Leicester is proving you might just need 2 to really compete at the top level.

General

Established Member
Every team has their fare share of good to average players. You just don't play them in the positions that will hurt you the most. Wenger prioritises personality over quality and doesn't mind persisting with average players for an extended period even if it hurts the team. After Mason blew his whistle prematurely on Tursday Flamini was the first to jump up from the bench complaining and I'm sure he thoroughly endeared himself to Wenger there. He will almost certainly start on Sunday.

Dave

Two hours until midnight. The spurstroll Rocky will show up with some "toldyouso bullshit".

What do you expect someone to say if they believe that a certain team looks like they have the best attributes to win the league, a team which then go on a run of 6 wins in 8, making them the league's form team, and also lead the league in goal difference and defensive stats and are only 2 behind City in goals scored? Lost 3 games all season?

Do you expect them to say "I've change my mind again. I think I was wrong. It's between City and Arsenal."

Last edited:

Jaywood Mac

Just cause Rocky is saying what people don't want to hear does not make him a Sp**s troll. He's speaking the truth, theyre a good team who are doing very well this season and unless something changes ie/ they collapse or we rediscover our form they will finish ahead of arsenal cause right now and for most of the season they've been the better team. The church and establishment didn't like it when Galileo said the earth revolved around the sun but it didn't make it any less true.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I should've elaborated more on what I meant by 'Safe'. Bould is an Arsenal legend, but he doesn't seem like someone who would rock the boat by telling Arsène what he needs to hear. For example playing highline with Per against fast attackers has Arsène ideology written all over it. Persisting with Flamini has Arsène written all over it, and last but not least playing Gibbs as an attacker has absolutely Arsène written all over it. Also anybody could win the league as #2 at Chelsea or City as proved by a certain Steve Maclaren winning it under Fergie. My point is, Arsène needs help, and he needs it NOW.

When was Gibbs ever started as an attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom