• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Aston Villa vs Arsenal – 7:45pm - 21/12/11

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
People still criticizing Merte after his recent improved peformances need to get their heads read. He was good last night, and made several crucial headers at 1-1 when we were under the cosh.

fabo

6.51 / 10
tumblr_lwlkdluOOH1qhaz39o13_r2_250.gif

tumblr_lwlm674I7Z1qhaz39o1_250.gif

tumblr_lwlm674I7Z1qhaz39o3_250.gif

tumblr_lwlm674I7Z1qhaz39o2_250.gif

tumblr_lwlm674I7Z1qhaz39o4_250.gif

tumblr_lwljigpPvN1qhaz39o4_250.gif

tumblr_lwlmh2C3ZT1qhaz39o3_250.gif

tumblr_lwlkdluOOH1qhaz39o12_r2_250.gif

Get in, great win!.......:worthy:

bazza_afc

arsenallegends said:
Covering distance is no excuse for Ramsey. He always chases shadows, and his engine gives the impression he's pressing but he lacks positional sense and runs himself down, ending up in a lack of sharpness with the ball and ahost of misplaced passes. Amatuer stuff.

Like when he chased backed 80 odd yards on a Villa counter to stop a certain goal.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
^^ Since Benayoun was seen celebrating our win against Chelsea when sitting in their grounds he'll always have a special place in my heart.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Gunner_JT said:
So objectively speaking did RVP dive? Was it a legitimate call for a penalty? From the Yahoo live commentary they thought it wasn't a dive.

Never a dive for me, Robin seemed aware that he was gonna be clattered but the defender did hit him and failed to get the ball. I could see some refs not giving it, but it was never a yellow for Robin either.

RVP mugged Dunne badly just before that aswell.........:lol:

MAK 14

Established Member
fabo said:
Gunner_JT said:
So objectively speaking did RVP dive? Was it a legitimate call for a penalty? From the Yahoo live commentary they thought it wasn't a dive.

Never a dive for me, Robin seemed aware that he was gonna be clattered but the defender did hit him and failed to get the ball. I could see some refs not giving it, but it was never a yellow for Robin either.

It was similar to Silva's against Chelsea a while ago. RVP clearly starts to go down before the contact is made and I can see why it wasn't given. A yellow card for diving, though, was terrible refereeing.

Enfield

Established Member
MAK 14 said:
fabo said:
Gunner_JT said:

It was similar to Silva's against Chelsea a while ago. RVP clearly starts to go down before the contact is made and I can see why it wasn't given. A yellow card for diving, though, was terrible refereeing.

That is why he wasn't given a penalty and was given a yellow. Its a contact sport

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Never a yellow card , there was big contact in the box . Silly ref .

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Only seen the highlights on MOTD, was stuck at the Wigan-Liverpool game -___-.

Arteta is just quality.

MAK 14

Established Member
Enfield said:
MAK 14 said:
fabo said:

That is why he wasn't given a penalty and was given a yellow. Its a contact sport
He went down to try and avoid the contact. He wasn't diving.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Invincible said:
I've noticed when Gervinho and Feo swapped positions during a period in the first half we looked more threatening. I think Feo is naturally left sided, while Gervy looks more comfortable on the right. For Lille, he produced his best form from the right wing and I can't help but feel we're misusing him by sticking him on the left permanently. Feo also looks really dangerous cutting in on his right. They should switch up full time.
I'm not sure I agree with Theo being better on the left, but I fully agree that Gervinho is better on the right. It was also due to Theo that Nasri had to play on the left even though his best performances for us last season came on the right. Theo's inability to play (or Arsène's reluctance to play him) on the left is preventing us from getting the best out of Gervinho, in the same way that it played a role in Nasri's poor form in the second half of last season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

bazza_afc said:
arsenallegends said:
Covering distance is no excuse for Ramsey. He always chases shadows, and his engine gives the impression he's pressing but he lacks positional sense and runs himself down, ending up in a lack of sharpness with the ball and ahost of misplaced passes. Amatuer stuff.

Like when he chased backed 80 odd yards on a Villa counter to stop a certain goal.

That was good wasn't it ? saved a certain goal . I was thinking where the heck was Frimpong.

I understand what Arsenal legends is saying because his positional sense isn't the best . Credit where it is due though you can't fault his work rate .

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yep, Frimpong could probably do with a loan tbh, consistent minutes in a middle-bottom PL side would do him the world of good.

I'd consider it in January if Song and Coquelin remain fit.

Warship

fabo said:
Yep, Frimpong could probably do with a loan tbh, consistent minutes in a middle-bottom PL side would do him the world of good.

I'd consider it in January if Song and Coquelin remain fit.

Wolves rumor floating around still I think.. hopefully it happens in January it would probably be a good fit.

Spork

Established Member
Airknight said:
Were the guys who said Rosicky had an impact trolling? Hasn't done much

He was one of our best players, completely changed the game. I know you posted mid game, before Yossi scored, but it was evident even then that Rozza was putting in a very solid performance.

Invincible said:
Bringing Arshavin on proves what a **** Wenger is.

Yea, nice one........ 'Forum Member' eh?

I don't think even Fergie could have revived Arsenal from the start of the season.

McIntyre said:
Who was it who said earlier in the thread that Dunne would inexplicably have a stormer?

Yea, Dunne had an absolute cracker of a performance, MOTM for me.

AFC-Phil said:
Hutton off.

I have no sympathy.

Mate, if I was at Villa park when that absolute James Blunt spat on RVP, I would've made that fly kick on the Dutch keeper look like child's play.

Thankfully Alan Hutton is SH!T, and will always be SH!T, so we can laugh at him, especially as he used to be (Or is he just on loan?) a Spurc**t.

Irish_Owen said:
mistaT said:
Whatt a white ****
racist

reported.

I thought it was a play on words, like White C**T Lane.

Segway said:
RVP putting three fingers in the air towards the gooners. Three-year extension he's hinting at maybe?

Got me all excited there, but then I thought.. Probably just for the 3 points.

CandysRoom said:
Just got back from a mad, cross country drive so missed it. Good game?

Not even one bit, just think back to 09/10, at least I was throwing remotes and pillows and anything else I could get my hands on - around the room.

Although this time I only slammed my fist a few times, but it was a horrible horrible performance, but that's what I love about it, if we perform like that and win every time.. MEH

Floating

Established Member
Koscielny owning Agbonlahor: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/gabriel-agbonlahor-of-aston-villa-challenged-by-laurent-news-photo/136058637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news- ... /136058637</a>

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
so good 3 points yesterday its was not good performance but the important is we took the 3 points, good subs from Arsène rozza and yossi when they enter our team start moving forword again.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The more I think about it, the more I realise what a great win this was for us. A must win and the lads delivered - I am almost glad to hear we scraped a win playing not so well........

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2077735/Alex-McLeish-praises-Robin-van-Persie-Alan-Hutton-con.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... n-con.html</a>

That cheeky maggot McLeish. Really, is there a more despicable manager other than him? He's almost going down to the level of Pulis. This feeds my hatred.

emperorpalpatine.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom