• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal, 16/08/15 , 13:30, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skillist

I'd go with this:

...............Cech
Hector-Sacker-Kosc-Monreal
------Coq-----Santi
Ox-----Ramsey-----Alexis
--------Walcott

fabo

6.51 / 10
Good teams don't lose 2 on the trot too often. We'll be fine.

Problem is Wenger and the fans thinking we are good enough to win big titles. Disastrous result today. We don't have a title winning team...I mean come on FFS.

darkgunner

Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Kos - Nacho
Arteta ---- Ramsey
Chamberlain - Özil ------- Alexis
Walcott​
**** it imho.

Please no Arteta in the starting lineup lol, the guy played like he was about 85 years old in pre season. He's only in the team for cup games and trophy photoshoots.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The worst thing is that we can only really afford 2/3 more losses if we are to match Chelsea's form of last year. They could very well falter and the points tally we have to chase could be less than last year but losing so early gives you little margin for error from now on.

That's 2 home losses in the last 4 PL games- against Swansea and West Ham. Both where we failed to score. Wenger really has to sort out our league form. Bar West Brom, its been pretty dire for a while now.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Didn't think we'd win this before todays game but after the performance and result I see nothing other than a win.

Is Wele back? If so:

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Gibbs
Cazorla Coquelin
Walcott Alexis Chamberlain
Wele
  • Time for Gabriel to get a chance.
  • They killed Monreal last year with their wing options, Gibbs is better suited.
  • Özil and Ramsey are meant to be our main men, they can sit on the bench and reflect.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Didn't think we'd win this before todays game but after the performance and result I see nothing other than a win.

Is Wele back? If so:

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Gibbs
Cazorla Coquelin
Walcott Alexis Chamberlain
Wele
Jesus. Never seen so much speed in all my life. Wenger would detest that line up. Where's his slow diminutive playmaker in our front 4?

Would be a very interesting line up to see for an away game actually. Shame there is 0% chance of it happening though lol

RuskyAdam

I think Cabaye is a great singing for Palace. It's crazy how players who were linked to top clubs only in the past few years are going to clubs like Palace. Shaqiri looks to be closing in on a move to Stoke, who also have Affelay. Newcastle have bought Wijnaldum. Decent singings for these sort of clubs, with no disrespect.

Crew

Easy solution - drop Özil and start playing a 4-3-3 with Coquelin, Cazorla and Ramsey in midfield, with Ox on the right wing, Alexis on the left and Giroud/Walcott as a striker. Will bring balance to the team. Worked well against City last season. People can defend Özil as much as they want, he has not showed he is worth the 42m we payed for him. He's a world class talent no doubt about that but despite improving defensively and running a lot his demeanor is still so appalling. I want warriors in this team! like Sanchez! Özil is easily the most uninspiring player at the top level. That formation will also allow both Santi and Ramsey to play in the middle and that, as we all know, is a magnificent beauty for us all...

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Easy solution - drop Özil and start playing a 4-3-3 with Coquelin, Cazorla and Ramsey in midfield, with Ox on the right wing, Alexis on the left and Giroud/Walcott as a striker. Will bring balance to the team. Worked well against City last season. People can defend Özil as much as they want, he has not showed he is worth the 42m we payed for him. He's a world class talent no doubt about that but despite improving defensively and running a lot his demeanor is still so appalling. I want warriors in this team! like Sanchez! Özil is easily the most uninspiring player at the top level. That formation will also allow both Santi and Ramsey to play in the middle and that, as we all know, is a magnificent beauty for us all...

Indeed that would work well imo.

Özil will perform in a team with runners. the solution is to give him runners not drop him ffs

True! Get runners in front of him or at least mobile/agile players and play fast attacks.

Crew

Anything other than a win and it's a major disappointment but realistically i can see it being a draw. Palace are in great form and tough to beat at home. Think Wenger will make the same mistakes with the team again and set us up without the necessary balance.

I'd like to see this team though:

-----------Cech
Bellerin Mert Kos Monreal
-----------Coq
-------Santi --Ramsey
Ox------Theo------Alexis

Giroud just cannot keep his starting place after that performance today and i think Theo will be perfect to hit them on the counter next week. Alexis should be ready with another week of training. He looked dangerous today. Ox is a nailed on started atm.

No death by playmakers. Balance in central midfield and pace up front to him them on the counter.
Loving your way of thinking my man, dropping Özil. We need to bring the grit back! Özil is not the one to provide it. Plus, your lineup gives us balance while allowing both Santi and Ramsey to play in the middle and that, as we all know, is a magnificent beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom