• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Everton (H) v Arsenal (A) | 13th December 2016 | 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need only revisit our shambolic display at St. Mary's almost a year ago. It was the same as now, flying on the back of a couple of solid displays only to be undone by a team who had, at that point, lost something in the region of 8 straight before we came along & obliged them with a turgid performance:mad:.

It's last season yet I'm still fuming at the abject surrender in that game, Shane Long had our number, let that sink in:lol:

Truth in that, but could also argue the team's dynamic is not the same now than it was one year ago. The wins we got at that time were not convincing, we were playing quite bad actually with an awful midfield (Ramsey-Flam), and were carried by Özil and Giroud who were on top form. The dynamic inside the team looks much better now, with all players contributing instead of just a few.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We need only revisit our shambolic display at St. Mary's almost a year ago. It was the same as now, flying on the back of a couple of solid displays only to be undone by a team who had, at that point, lost something in the region of 8 straight before we came along & obliged them with a turgid performance:mad:.

It's last season yet I'm still fuming at the abject surrender in that game, Shane Long had our number, let that sink in:lol:
Feel it's a very different side this year. 6 games (according to Arsène) we've come back from 1-0 down. That's not bottling country.

Mainly due to the form of the players, the CF switch, and some much added steel, Xhaka/Mustafi.

Main worry is Gabriel or Holding for Mustafi. Both have the potential to play well but both likely to make mistakes. These tough games away are what win leagues.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Their transfer window was;
Ashley Williams £12M
Yannick Bolasie £30M
Enner Valencia (loan)

If I was an Evertonian I'd be gutted with that. They headed into the summer with new financial backing and probably expected a big name. £30M for Bolasie is simply *******, who the f*ck sanctioned that?
Not very creative yes. Guess they found even though they got money, the best players still don't want to play for Everton. Same thing happened to West Ham. Expecting a couple fallen Dutch talents and eredivisie players to join Koeman soon.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'd be wary of labeling any match we're involved as "Easy". We've precedent in folding under pressure which is what I'd categorize a trip to Goodison as. Doesn't mean I'm not confident in the ability of the team to get the win, it's just that believing it to be a formality is an all too familiar setup for disappointment:lol:
Nah, Wenger's got this now that Ronald Konman doesn't have game raisers like Wanyama and Van Dijk to call upon.

Maxim

While you're at it, can you do something about the people who write "Özil is invisible... he can f*ck off" when we give up an early goal, and then turn around and say he's great after he scores?

If people would at least wait until the end of the game before trashing our players, they wouldn't look so dumb when we come back and win.

This is just the nature of match threads, and tbh the nature of matches in general.

It's emotional, you don't really have the time to calmly rationalize all the thoughts you're having - if you are then you're doing it wrong.

It's all about getting completely invested and sucked in by what's happening - I've screamed some god awful things about (and actually at) some of our players in the heat of the moment.

Sitting there and taking a moment to compose yourself before every thought or conclusion would be incredibly boring.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Actually tbh i am not that worried lets be fair away from home, we are alot better. We need good tempo and put the game to bed we need to score first that is key ino

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Feel it's a very different side this year. 6 games (according to Arsène) we've come back from 1-0 down. That's not bottling country.

Mainly due to the form of the players, the CF switch, and some much added steel, Xhaka/Mustafi.

Main worry is Gabriel or Holding for Mustafi. Both have the potential to play well but both likely to make mistakes. These tough games away are what win leagues.

This team has bottle & plenty of it. Now we simply need to maintain consistency & display more ruthlessness as was shown when West Ham were torn apart at will sometimes.

Do that & I'll start believing this year could end with our long awaited 14th title.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Nah, Wenger's got this now that Ronald Konman doesn't have game raisers like Wanyama and Van Dijk to call upon.

Had a healthy dislike for him when he was at Southampton, now however, my enmity for him is eternal.

How he never manages to get sent off for causing opposing players grievous bodily harm almost every match is a wonder!!

Reactions: A_G

Punished

Whenever I feel the team is on a good run, we usually slip up to the 'expected' wins. I feel this game will be harder than the man city game for some odd reason.

HK_Gooner

Are you really suggesting people should hold fire on their thoughts and feelings until after the match, during the match, in the match thread, on an Arsenal message board?! Not to mention, 'he's invisible he can **** off' being some serious hyperbole! Maybe just stay clear of match threads...

I think this is fair. I personally don't like it when people go apesh*t on our guys when things are going poorly, but I get that people get pretty wound during games. I really should just stay away from match threads. Solid advice.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Very important we secure all three points today with the City game around the corner.

Axel_Gunner

We are on a good run at the moment. Wins vs stoke, West Ham and Bournemouth were important to prove we win this kind of games. Everton was sh*t most of the last games, they got a point from ManU (nice) but conceded 3 after taking the lead vs Watford.

The momentum is with us, we should get 3 points. It will be very important to have a motivated squad fired up for City and a win today would ensure that.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Not very creative yes. Guess they found even though they got money, the best players still don't want to play for Everton. Same thing happened to West Ham. Expecting a couple fallen Dutch talents and eredivisie players to join Koeman soon.
Who do you think will join him? And btw who do you think has talent to make a step up to a better league from Eredivise?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Who do you think will join him? And btw who do you think has talent to make a step up to a better league from Eredivise?
I love this question, thank you! Koeman has been praising Depay, the Dutch think he will join them in January.

As for the Eredivisie, there are a few, but right now there are two at Ajax that I can see make a difference in a better league in the near future, and one at Feyenoord.

The one at Feyenoord is Tonny Vilhena. I remember his debut at 16/17 years old in a big game against Twente. He slotted in like he was a veteran. Always been a fan of him, he stuck around a bit longer than planned, due to family tragedy.

The two at Ajax are Ziyech and Dolberg. Ziyech is a midfielder, I would classify him as a modern #10. He was already the best player in the league before he joined Ajax this season for around 11M. Last time I saw him play live was ten days ago, and I had my eyes glued to him. He was spectecular, always saw the right pass before the play progressed that far and executed it insanely good. The way he passes I would compare it to playing pool, it was an art form. He has everything, he can score, assist, dribbling, pace and a left foot that is already worldclass.

Kasper Dolberg is a young striker who has taken Arek Milik's place with ease, and nobody ever talks about him anymore. He is very complete for his age, and he is the classic Ajax striker, made for Ajax football. He can play with his back to the goal, go deep, go past one or two players and finish with left, right or his head. It's a question of if he continues to develop, and if he can translate it to higher level, but his potential is very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom