• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Hull City v Arsenal | 17th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka Has to start this one if Coq-Cazorla starts again i will start to ask why Arsène spend 35M on Xhaka then. also i don't see Cazorla can play 3 straight games in 7 days if Ramsey fit for this one he has to start with Xhaka in midfield if not then Elneny should start with Xhaka.

Cech
Bellerin Kosh Mustafi Monreal
Xhaka Ramsey/Elneny
Walcott Özil Alexis
Lucas/Giroud

GunnerInPluto

I predicted that it might take us few weeks into the league before we hit our stride. I think (and hope) Hull away is the moment we finally get it.
The midfield is loaded, and Wenger seems to be basking in that. I still think our best midfield combo against smaller teams that sit back is Carzola and Xhaka.
Coq has improved a lot and will be needed when we play teams like Chelsea or Man Citeh.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I just don't like the way we've been set up for the first few games. We're trying to field a team with a lot of speed on the break, but packed defences and our midfield no transitioning fast enough have been a real issue.

Feels we've been getting overrun in the middle of the pitch, specially in the beginning of the game. I'd like to think this is us trying to let the opponents have the ball, but it seems so jittery and panicky that I have trouble thinking it's deliberate.

We need to stumble into this season's Caz-Coq quickly and hit our stride. Once we get our plan A down, I think we'll see the team relax a bit.

Here's hoping.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Trouble is Santi's been the glue that's been holding the team together in the last few games - can we do without him? Ideally, you'd think Arsène would give him a breather but who the hell knows. He's the one that has driven the team forward in both the last two games - without him we would have most likely not turned those results around in the way we did.

This season more than any before is proving difficult to guess Wenger's hand in team selection - that has something to do with that we have a much more balanced squad than for many a year.

Rather than guessing, I'll just wait with baited breath.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Our attack really has to get going. This Alexis at CF BS hasn't worked one ****ing bit - stick in either Giroud or Perez and lets get the flow baby!

Uncle Good-Advice

I think it's a certainty that Santi won't start after playing 180 mins in four days. I like him as a potential super-sub though but also hope that it won't be necessary at all.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
I wouldn't start Perez, another baptism of fire if we do. We all know how Hull are going to play, sit deep, stay compact and close down any space between the lines, etc. There wont be any opportunities to run in behind or stretch the defense, meaning we wont be able to play to Perez' strengths, its clear to me that this will be a carbon copy of the Soton game in terms of tactics.

Plus this is the kind of game Santi is needed more than ever, you cant rely on Coquelin or Elneny to break down a 9-man defence. Hull players will just sit off them and focus on stopping Özil, which wont be hard since they will no doubt have the advantage of numbers in midfield.

Hull have shown that they should not be underestimated, if Santi or Giroud start on the bench its almost too predictable that we'll drop points. Even with them I can see us struggling.

Plus its September ffs, no one should be tired.

Jack the lad

Xhaka Has to start this one if Coq-Cazorla starts again i will start to ask why Arsène spend 35M on Xhaka then. also i don't see Cazorla can play 3 straight games in 7 days if Ramsey fit for this one he has to start with Xhaka in midfield if not then Elneny should start with Xhaka.

Cech
Bellerin Kosh Mustafi Monreal
Xhaka Ramsey/Elneny
Walcott Özil Alexis
Lucas/Giroud

Excactly mate, then we surely should have spent all our money on Higuain instead of buying, xhaka,mustafi,perez...

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka and Elneny will probably be the pivot for the next two games, Ramsey will return to midfield in the League cup in Özil's position. We'll then revert back to Cazorla-Coq for Chelsea.

Mike Vinna

Aside from our CM pairing I'm slightly worried about Özil as well. Hope he plays a good game vs Hull. Seems our entire midfield will need some time to settle down.

GunnerInPluto

Team vs hull

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kos Gibbs(monreal has been bad lately)
xhaka Ramsey
özil
Alexis Giroud Walcott
No you didnt just say that!
Monreal has been one of our best performers of recent. He has been picked by opposing teams as the weak link and so far he has handled it superbly. Unfortunately, people see him more often because the wingers are not doing their defensive duties as they should.

STYLEZ

No * lineup this time hopefully.

Bet it will be.

Xhaka will start from the bench and he'll go with a front 3 of Chamberlian, Alexis & Iwobi again.

Them 3 looked so weak against PSG it was unbelievable it clearly doesn't work.

Hegemony

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Elneny Xhaka
Iwobi Özil Alexis
Giroud
Elneny and Xhaka should start, they'll help us retain possession in a calmly manner. Think we shoud use Giroud as a battering ram against a deep defence and try to get an early goal. Then bring on Perez and Walcott to shred them when they're forced to come at us.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Agree we should Xhaka in this. I'd like us to see the line up we ended with last night. Give Özil, Ox, Nacho, Coquelin and even Cech a kick up the arse and a break to recharge/refocus.

Alexis-Giroud/Lucas-Iwobi/Lucas

Santi-Xhaka-Elneny

Gibbs-Kos-Mustafi-Bellerin

Ospina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom