• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Leicester vs Arsenal | 20th of August at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

raag

He's right about Holding you know. If he cost 25M and came from Inter Milan, everybody would be praising him.

He is right about holding. He had a good game today.

But he should also realize that the squad needs reinforcing severely

blaze_of_glory

No way he can continue if people are chanting against him every week. He will resign (is that his choice? Perhaps) But Wenger talks as if he is dictator for life.
People have been chanting at him for years. At this point it's all down to to him to decide.

I do think this might be his last season if we don't make progress (I said this when he signed his current deal), but it won't be due to anything the fans do or say. If that were the case he'd be gone years ago.

Fraudcott

He's right about Holding you know. If he cost 25M and came from Inter Milan, everybody would be praising him.

I don't think anybody's really unhappy about Holding, are they? The old goat is just knocking down a straw man.

Buying Rob Holding and him playing well when there are injuries to first-teamers doesn't paper over a decade's worth of cracks and a lack of ambition elsewhere in the transfer market.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Yeah Ox definitely still has it all to prove. Looking better than he ever has at the moment though I think.

I think Mahrez will be off next year, doesn't look that inspired even after signing that new deal. As for Alexis... I dunno. He showed he can be a killer for us in his first year, but sometimes I watch him and wonder if he's the right fit for how we play.
I'm not a big fan of Alexis. I think he slows our game down too much. And most times he dribbles into trouble instead of just passing to a teammate. I'd probably even drop him and leave Ox and Walcott out wide with Giroud in the centre.

Simply put, Özil is the best player in our squad with Kos in second.

Goonerozil33

I like Wenger but **** me, he makes it really difficult for himself sometimes
I think what he is saying is true. Fans are mostly influenced by media. I mean look at Liverpool and the support they give to there coaches. They go through the cycle of new coach - optimism- excitement at signings- some moderate success- then the downward slope ending with fans calling for the managers head. This happens in most clubs. And a lot of times owners are influenced by media and fans as well. Creating a negative spiral as AVB would put it. Media wants arsenal to go through the same **** storm.

noon

Looking at Our fans singing wenger out, and i say there is now way he'll turn that around, he can sign messi and Ronaldo and it won't change anything, he is setting him self up for 9 months of abuse, he should walk away now, coz thing are. Going to get ugly

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
No, he's not right. We've seen him play. Nobody's saying he's not a good signing, but he's not good enough for us yet. Not yet. He needs at least another year. He shouldn't be starting in the PL. He should be subbed during Cup games, then started in cup games, then maybe started the odd PL game against an easy team. He shouldn't be starting now. Not yet.

David_Smith

Looking at Our fans singing wenger out, and i say there is now way he'll turn that around, he can sign messi and Ronaldo and it won't change anything, he is setting him self up for 9 months of abuse, he should walk away now, coz thing are. Going to get ugly

Oh please, that same bunch of fans have been doing it for 8 years, more or less on and off depending on the fluctuation of results.
Wenger is made of stern stuff. He knows the true Arsenal faithful are behind him.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
CqDYVFOW8AAhk6P.jpg:large

Goonerozil33

and how exactly does that help arsenal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom