• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Leicester vs Arsenal | 20th of August at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bashii

from that position he can play only an in swinging cross. For that to be a goal scoring one is incredibly difficult.If he was right footed then fine. Even then a cross to evade 4 defender is a low percentage one. Not impossible but a low percentage one

We'll have to agree to disagree, people see the game differently.

Anyway, I guess what I was getting at is how clear it is that Özil doesn't enjoy playing alongside Giroud.

I'd love to see the stats on how often Özil and Alexis pass the ball to each other per game.

blaze_of_glory

Alexis was dire but he has shown himself over a season to be a decent player. Mahrez is imo head and shoulders above his team mates and has shown that over a season. The OX hasn't shown very much over 5 odd years now. The odd glimpse but then balls roll under his feet he takes heavy touches, makes the wrong pass.

If Ox done what he done today over a season I'd be confident he done a few things right and a few things wrong and naturally it'll even out to around 10 and 10 which is a great return. Just can't see it happening consistently like Theo making too many mistakes. And like I said with Alexis at a truly ambitious team a player like that is cut for superior players.
Yeah Ox definitely still has it all to prove. Looking better than he ever has at the moment though I think.

I think Mahrez will be off next year, doesn't look that inspired even after signing that new deal. As for Alexis... I dunno. He showed he can be a killer for us in his first year, but sometimes I watch him and wonder if he's the right fit for how we play.

Goonerozil33

I seriously doubt that. If its a fitness concern, I'd rather Elneny start beside him. That's not the only issue either. Just partnering him with someone but also his positioning and role.
With all due respect to your tactical acumen I think Wenger is slightly better at deciding those things. To put a midfield el neny and xhaka does not sound good at this point in time. After 6 months may be. Also santi himself looks under cooked. So it is better to have a defensive partner than someone like el neny. Also the start to the season is tougher too. So it is better to go with more experience

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Is it dramatic to write the season off? We aren't serious at all. Doing **** all this season. Horrible horrible horrible attack

Bould14

The end comes for Wenger when he decides its the end. That's all there is to it. Best to just accept that.
No way he can continue if people are chanting against him every week. He will resign (is that his choice? Perhaps) But Wenger talks as if he is dictator for life.

carlito'sway

Established Member
its more to do with fitness. Xhaka may not be ready to play 90 mins and being new in england it is better to play him next to a more defensive player. Once he gets used to the league you might see coquelin getting substituted instead of him

Totally agree. Arsène likes to bring his new players slowly. Xhaka needs to get up to speed with the ELP pace too. Afterwards I expect him to pair Santi or Elneny in CM. Coq will go back to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom