• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Leicester vs Arsenal | 20th of August at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nothing structured about our game. Wenger is deluded if he thinks our "energy" and "desire" is enough to get is over the line.

The only positive is that we individually press players and look to track back faster. Thro for all his **** upfront actually won back some good balls, initiating something for us.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don't know about West Brom but I'd feel lucky like the woman who I'll give myself finally to if he signed for us at this point.
Nah, he'll do **** for us up front. Need a top quality striker that has it all, not a very specific striker. Wenger can't set the team up to play a certain way. We get fast counter attacking football with Giroud and we'll play tiki-taka with Vardy or bomb Alexis with crosses.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
its more to do with fitness. Xhaka may not be ready to play 90 mins and being new in england it is better to play him next to a more defensive player. Once he gets used to the league you might see coquelin getting substituted instead of him
I seriously doubt that. If its a fitness concern, I'd rather Elneny start beside him. That's not the only issue either. Just partnering him with someone but also his positioning and role.

Bashii

And he finally did, 6 years too late. But for a man paid 8m a year, I'd expect a clear plan and some balance in the team.

Not having a suitable quality partner for Xhaka being the obvious problem for me - but I'm not a fan of Elneny or Coquelin as starting options.

What type of midfielder do you think would suit Xhaka perfectly?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah. If only he knew that if he came to Arsenal he could have Özil's shirt everyday. They'd just finish practice and Özil would give it to him to take home. Then he could make a pile of his clothes on the ground and sleep on it. He looks the type to sleep on the floor.
I do this with Özil shirts.

Goonerozil33

Got to disagree. When your big man is isolating a defender at the far post you put it on his head, especially in the final minutes of the game. Özil was edge of the box too, I'd expect him to curl it into the perfect position 99/100. Whether Giroud puts it away is a completely different matter though of course.
from that position he can play only an in swinging cross. For that to be a goal scoring one is incredibly difficult.If he was right footed then fine. Even then a cross to evade 4 defender is a low percentage one. Not impossible but a low percentage one

Hegemony

Poor start. Lacking players in key areas, team looks unprepared and the football we're playing is ugly. Was hoping for a title challenge but it looks out of the question

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Nah, he'll do **** for us up front. Need a top quality striker that has it all, not a very specific striker. Wenger can't set the team up to play a certain way. We get fast counter attacking football with Giroud and we'll play tiki-taka with Vardy or bomb Alexis with crosses.
:lol: I'm confused about laughing or crying to that :(

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not sure Mahrez was much better than Ox today tbh. A couple cute turns and step overs but nothing special. And I thought Alexis was far worse than both.
Alexis was dire but he has shown himself over a season to be a decent player. Mahrez is imo head and shoulders above his team mates and has shown that over a season. The OX hasn't shown very much over 5 odd years now. The odd glimpse but then balls roll under his feet he takes heavy touches, makes the wrong pass.

If Ox done what he done today over a season I'd be confident he done a few things right and a few things wrong and naturally it'll even out to around 10 and 10 which is a great return. Just can't see it happening consistently like Theo making too many mistakes. And like I said with Alexis at a truly ambitious team a player like that is cut for superior players.

Edit. Alexis might have 3 great games 4 good games and 3 poor games in contrast Suarez has say 6 great games 2 good games 2 poor games. Ox has 1 great game 6 poor games and 3 good games. If I was looking at a run of ten. Walcott is similar. Great teams want the Suarez form and won't consider the Ox or Theo form. Alexis might get a buy as a squad player as he did for a long time e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom